• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcat Triangle Classic cancelled!

reinell30

eGriz Club
DONOR
Piss poor management of funds by the MSU Athletic Department has caused the MSU Booster club in Great Falls to cancel the annual Triangle classic. This event is the largest fund raising event for the Bobcats. This will hurt!

Much like the GSA event in Great Falls for the Griz, these two events are two of the largest fund raising events there are in the state. Bobcats usually bring in a fantastic guest speaker. They serve Prime Rib dinner sponsored by Bar S restaurant. Bobcat personnel in Bozeman tried to tell the boosters in Great Falls they were losing money and that they needed to do the event their way. Great Falls Boosters showed them the huge profits and then the argument began.
The only money being lost is when the Great Falls Booster clubs hands the money over to the Bobcat AD and it disappears between Great Falls and Bozeman.
Too bad for the Cat fans around this area as they did enjoy this event.

Mismanagement. Money just doesn't disappear. If the Triangle Classic is sending MSU money, and MSU claims they are losing money, sounds more like embezzlement. Audit time. The truth needs to come out. Somebodys FOS, and I doubt it is the GF Boosters.

tourist said:
Mismanagement. Money just doesn't disappear. If the Triangle Classic is sending MSU money, and MSU claims they are losing money, sounds more like embezzlement. Audit time. The truth needs to come out. Somebodys FOS, and I doubt it is the GF Boosters.

Exactly!

You are obviously not from North Central Montana, gariz. Wheat country, named after the pre-harvest look of the area.

The Three Wise Monkeys is the order of the day on Bobcat Nation. Didn't see anything, didn't hear anything, won't say anything.

The NCAA may just combine this bombshell with the UNDSU caffeine/cocaine/fentanyl investigation and wrap the whole BSC into this fiasco. Good thing the Griz have immunity given the past hot dog over-reach. #RTD

When I saw the title to this thread, I thought, WOW, why? The Triangle Classic was a big deal in Great Falls. Last year, everything went on as usual, except the game was canceled due to a few factors. One, the weather, late season snow storm. Two, construction on the track at Memorial Stadium. Three, there's no other place to have the game! Then I got to reading the Tribune article, about what had been accomplished over 15 years, how it had grown, and grown, and grown, and detailing all the big name speakers who would come for this one event. The only thing that was missing was the music to dance to, as this was just a 'dance around piece' of say nothing journalism. Make the announcement, lots of historic details, then say no more. Omerta!

What reaction there has been has been muted, to say the least. A couple posters on Bobcat Nation
wanted to know details of this sudden divorce. Most of the others were of he 'Oh, well' type, 'glad the boosters didn't make their reasons public,' or 'we didn't need the money anyway.' One of the 'say nothing' crowd is a GF Booster who is also the administrator of Bobcat Nation. He posted twice, for a total of about ten lines, "...we raised a lot of money for MSU athletics...", but, also said the breakup with Bozeman was "...inevitable for a number of different reasons." He continued, praising the GF Boosters for "taking the high road" and not coming forward with the reasons the three key local boosters walked away from a highly successful funding adventure for MSU Athletics.

So what is it, losing money or 'raising a lot of money'? This story hit the fan, the Tribune, Thursday afternoon, and no response from anyone at MSU. Public University, can't be kept secret. An audit of the Athletic Department needs to be done NOW.

Edit note: I have misidentified the administrator of Bobcat Nation as a Great Falls Booster. Maybe he/she is a booster, and probably is, but I confused John K with Kmax. My apologies.

tourist said:
When I saw the title to this thread, I thought, WOW, why? The Triangle Classic was a big deal in Great Falls. Last year, everything went on as usual, except the game was canceled due to a few factors. One, the weather, late season snow storm. Two, construction on the track at Memorial Stadium. Three, there's no other place to have the game! Then I got to reading the Tribune article, about what had been accomplished over 15 years, how it had grown, and grown, and grown, and detailing all the big name speakers who would come for this one event. The only thing that was missing was the music to dance to, as this was just a 'dance around piece' of say nothing journalism. Make the announcement, lots of historic details, then say no more. Omerta!

What reaction there has been has been muted, to say the least. A couple posters on Bobcat Nation
wanted to know details of this sudden divorce. Most of the others were of he 'Oh, well' type, 'glad the boosters didn't make their reasons public,' or 'we didn't need the money anyway.' One of the 'say nothing' crowd is a GF Booster who is also the administrator of Bobcat Nation. He posted twice, for a total of about ten lines, "...we raised a lot of money for MSU athletics...", but, also said the breakup with Bozeman was "...inevitable for a number of different reasons." He continued, praising the GF Boosters for "taking the high road" and not coming forward with the reasons the three key local boosters walked away from a highly successful funding adventure for MSU Athletics.

So what is it, losing money or 'raising a lot of money'? This story hit the fan, the Tribune, Thursday afternoon, and no response from anyone at MSU. Public University, can't be kept secret. An audit of the Athletic Department needs to be done NOW.

I believe the athletic department is audited annually. Perhaps even more often than that.

tourist said:

:lol:

Some clarification to your :lol: dear cat troll. Did you mean there was no mismanagement? Does money just disappear? Embezzlement is impossible? There shouldn't be an audit? Are the GF Boosters FOS? All of this could have been settled if the three amigos of the GF Boosters had just flat told Mansch the real reason why they are dumping the Golden Triangle Classic less than two months before it was scheduled.

tourist said:
Some clarification to your :lol: dear cat troll. Did you mean there was no mismanagement? Does money just disappear? Embezzlement is impossible? There shouldn't be an audit? Are the GF Boosters FOS? All of this could have been settled if the three amigos of the GF Boosters had just flat told Mansch the real reason why they are dumping the Golden Triangle Classic less than two months before it was scheduled.

Oh I'm sure there will be an audit. Like every year. Actually I think there are two audits of the athletic department every year but I could be wrong on that.

If it turns out to be embezzlement I'll gladly give you a personal apology.

:thumb:

I thought there was more to the laughing face. Thanks. I just want the truth, no bullshit. Someone is lying. Who? Why?

tourist said:
I thought there was more to the laughing face. Thanks. I just want the truth, no bullshit. Someone is lying. Who? Why?

Nah, nothing more.

I just don't think it's going to be a big story and I don't think embezzlement was an issue.

I agree I'm disappointed this event has come to an end. But some people have been talking about it being done since last year so I suppose I'm just not as shocked as some. I think the writing was on the wall.

That chapter did an amazing job over the years.

Reading the OP, could it be that the AD didn't like the way the event was run (for whatever reason), and got caught trying to manufacture a reason why it had to take more control?

Back