• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Attendance record

Griz2k

DONOR
I saw on Twitter that UM set a new single game attendance record last year of 26,508. Can someone please explain to me how we keep breaking records without adding new seats? What am I missing here?

The list of attendance records in order since 2010. Looks like we just keep letting in a couple more fans every time with a difference of not quite 500 in the six record breaking games since the 2010 attendance record.

Nov 20th 2010 v MSU 26,019
Sept 17th 2011 v EWU 26,066
Aug 31st 2013 v App St 26,293
Sept 13th 2014 v S Dak 26,303
Nov 22nd 2014 v MSU 26,352
Aug 29th 2015 v NDSU 26,472
Nov 17 2018 v MSU 26,508

i think every employee working inside the stadium is counted towards attendance maybe they hired more people and had more 50/50 people running around.

alabamagrizzly said:
The list of attendance records in order since 2010. Looks like we just keep letting in a couple more fans every time with a difference of not quite 500 in the six record breaking games since the 2010 attendance record.

Nov 20th 2010 v MSU 26,019
Sept 17th 2011 v EWU 26,066
Aug 31st 2013 v App St 26,293
Sept 13th 2014 v S Dak 26,303
Nov 22nd 2014 v MSU 26,352
Aug 29th 2015 v NDSU 26,472
Nov 17 2018 v MSU 26,508

I was at the last two, so I helped pad the stats.

I don't know, but here are some ideas.

Extra seating of small portable stands, like in corners. Does UM do that?

In the suites, 8 tickets come with the suites. Up to 8 more can be purchased for each game. I think the suites can sometimes buy even more tickets. I assume the presidents box can get extra tickets.

My impression is that a few extra tickets may become available in the Canyon Club area, if there is demand from "important" people, like last minute politicians, UM former NFL types, their friends, etc. People can stand on the decks on sides, and out back, and stay inside.

Would extra media count? Extra sidelines passes? What about recruits?

The general admission tickets can be oversold; many find their way into the vacant seats left by season ticket holder no-shows. That way, some seats are sold twice.

kemajic said:
The general admission tickets can be oversold; many find their way into the vacant seats left by season ticket holder no-shows. That way, some seats are sold twice.

Are you saying we’re fudging on our actual attendance record?

alabamagrizzly said:
kemajic said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

alabamagrizzly said:
kemajic said:

They are like inauguration attendance figures, "I call it truthful hyperbole"

SaskGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
kemajic said:

It's tickets sold, NOT butts in the seats.

'68griz said:
SaskGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
kemajic said:

And I’m guessing every stadium in the country is guilty of it.

'68griz said:

Evidently. If advertised as 'attendance,' the number of butts in seats should be the standard, not how many goddamned tickets were sold.
Little white lie, relatively speaking. Same for Weber State basketball figures. Well documented. Lying is a slippery slope. Where does it end?

Back