• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Mike person

braves84

Dude from glendive and ex-bobcat just got paid today, signed a 3 year contract for 9 million dollars and 3 million guaranteed. Good for him, quietly building a pretty solid career in the NFL.

dayday said:
Oh great more Cat news on Egriz...

Really, isn't the subtitle of this forum Montana grizzlies AND the fcs.
There is also 2 other topics started on msu about Jeff choate and a bobcat booster event being cancelled.both started by grizzlies fans.
I thought it was kinda cool that a Montana boy is making a nice resume in the NFL for the niners along with coyle.

Dude earned it. Played great last year. Rated a top 20 guard.

No shame in me saying I'm super glad he's a Niner, Cat or not.

Congrats to Person. Great athletic achievement. Nice kid. I met him at my niece’s wedding several years ago. My niece married one of his Cat o-line buddies.

mtgrizrule said:
dayday said:
Oh great more Cat news on Egriz...

Why so sensitive? I like hearing news of Montana raised kids doing well, no matter where they attended school.

After he hung up the blue and gold, he's back to being a Montanan. A well heeled Montanan. :thumb:

EverettGriz said:
Good on him.

He made one poor life choice certainly, but has done very well since.
Absolutely agree. It was a HUGE mistake and he served his 4 years at a state institution and now the guy deserves a second chance!

Grisly Fan said:
EverettGriz said:
Good on him.

Absolutely agree. It was a HUGE mistake and he served his 4 years at a state institution and now the guy deserves a second chance!

Mike made the right choice in getting coached by Jason McEndoo at MSU.

bigsky33 said:
Grisly Fan said:
EverettGriz said:
Good on him.

How many has he sent to the league?

DuCharme said:
bigsky33 said:
Grisly Fan said:
EverettGriz said:
Good on him.

Four that I am aware of-Mike Person, JP Flynn, John Wiedenaar and Jeff Bolton. Jason is now a coach with Oklahoma State.

bigsky33 said:
DuCharme said:
bigsky33 said:
Grisly Fan said:

Three or four. Jason is now a coach with Oklahoma State.

Person was in the 2011 NFL draft. Bounced around for years, with only a few starts until he got to the 49ers last year and became a starter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Person

PlayerRep said:
Congrats to Person. Great athletic achievement. Nice kid. I met him at my niece’s wedding several years ago. My niece married one of his Cat o-line buddies.

This freaking guy...every time...

PlayerRep said:
bigsky33 said:
DuCharme said:
bigsky33 said:

Three or four. Jason is now a coach with Oklahoma State.

Person was in the 2011 NFL draft. Bounced around for years, with only a few starts until he got to the 49ers last year and became a starter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Person

He played a good amount with the Falcons for a while also, also got a little time with the Colts.

bigsky33 said:
DuCharme said:
bigsky33 said:
Grisly Fan said:

Four that I am aware of-Mike Person, JP Flynn, John Wiedenaar and Jeff Bolton. Jason is now a coach with Oklahoma State.

Cats beat us once I believe while Mike was there, his senior year if Im not mistaken, in Missoula.

I think that was the Halloween Costume jersey debacle with Justin freaking Roper.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

This freaking guy...every time...

I think my sister's ex-husband's second cousin's daughter went to that wedding as well and may have met both PR and Person.

She mentioned a scary looking old guy that couldn't stop leering at the women, name dropping, bragging about having more money than anyone else at the wedding and puffing his chest out at every chance....so I know she met PR!

Back