• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Today's Missoulian editorial

NorthEndZoneDan

DONOR
Sometimes the comedy writes itself. Today's editorial in the Missoulian, I'm not going to post the link or the entire thing, the first two paragraphs will be enough.

"Stop the 3-letter Messages

Here’s a trend that needs to stop immediately: sports fans in western Montana showing up to games wearing shirts or holding signs with three initials on them, the first two being F and T.

The F stands for — you guessed it — the F word. The T stands for “the” and the third initial is changed to target whatever group or team is being opposed. At a recent basketball game between the University of Montana and Montana State University, for instance, Griz fans wore shirts reading “FTC,” with the C presumably standing for “cats,” short for Bobcats."

:shock: :shock: :shock:

#FTC
aka For The Championship

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Sometimes the comedy writes itself. Today's editorial in the Missoulian, I'm not going to post the link or the entire thing, the first two paragraphs will be enough.

"Stop the 3-letter Messages

Here’s a trend that needs to stop immediately: sports fans in western Montana showing up to games wearing shirts or holding signs with three initials on them, the first two being F and T.

The F stands for — you guessed it — the F word. The T stands for “the” and the third initial is changed to target whatever group or team is being opposed. At a recent basketball game between the University of Montana and Montana State University, for instance, Griz fans wore shirts reading “FTC,” with the C presumably standing for “cats,” short for Bobcats."

:shock: :shock: :shock:

#FTC
aka For The Championship

Dc60.gif

So what? Its a focking sign. The guy interpreted it for everyone. :roll: :lol: Don't believe it, tuff, get over it. I got FTC on my Fcars. So? FTwhatever. Get a life! Whole country has gone to hell. No political correctness here. KMA.

FTC all day long. It would be different if the Mascot shared names with a race/nationality of people. Just use common friggin sense. FTC

I can understand the view on things like FTI, but are you kidding on FTC and FTG. One would think the Missoulian would have more important stuff to do than waste time on an editorial like that.

FTI is a double edged expression. Indians is the Browning mascot, and racial identification. Perhaps there needs to be a change of mascot to something non-racial. Bison, Hawks, Elk, Bears, or whatever. One more point, this sign was used in a high school game. Inappropriate. FTC or FTG is a Montana college expression. Not meant for high school. To be used by 'responsible adults' only. I know, I know! But this parent failed the test. :twocents:

Oh, one more thing: FTC and FTM!

PlayerRep said:
I can understand the view on things like FTI, but are you kidding on FTC and FTG. One would think the Missoulian would have more important stuff to do than waste time on an editorial like that.

Agree on every point; FTC is just a fun rival thing.

FTG is unthinkable and would only be used by low brow morons and transplanted hipster doofus baristas reeking of stadium proximate sewage lagoons and dripping in bobcat batter.

FTI on the other hand, could be misconstrued to be targeting a group that has been "F'ed" pretty consistently for the past few centuries (and both our countries have a pretty shameful record). Not a SJW but sometimes sensitivity is required.

The guy listed as writing the Missoulian editorial appears to be a young photographer for the Missoulian and UM grad. Is the Missoulian so thin that they have their photographers writing editorials?

Again, setting the bar at the Missoulian, lower. The Editorial read like it was written by someone without a clue. Goddamn millennial.

Back