• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Summit League will be calling

UNDfan

And the Montanas, Idaho, EWU and Weber St will accept.

The Summit League commish has confirmed that PFW and W Illinois are about to leave.

https://kwsn.com/news/articles/2019/mar/08/summit-league-commissioner-has-talked-with-augustana-but-no-formal-action-yet/

A western Summit division of the Montanas, Idaho, EWU, Weber St and Denver would be so much better than the Big sigh academically, athletically, with research and professional schools, and with actual fan bases. But naturally, Griz fans will be so scared of actual competition that even the hots the Griz fans have for the Bison fb team won’t be enough.

The east division will be Omaha, USD, Augustana, SDSU, NDSU and UND with three flights getting all the schools. Better than what you have in the Big Sigh.

California and Oregon schools have never panned out as you planned. Remember Northridge St that was going to be an FCS power with unlimited potential in the LA media and bring Griz action to untold millions? The same thing happened with Portland St and Sac St as far as fan interest.

The new Summit will be FCS first but FBS is possible by 2025.

UNDfan said:
And the Montanas, Idaho, EWU and Weber St will accept.

The Summit League commish has confirmed that PFW and W Illinois are about to leave.

https://kwsn.com/news/articles/2019/mar/08/summit-league-commissioner-has-talked-with-augustana-but-no-formal-action-yet/

A western Summit division of the Montanas, Idaho, EWU, Weber St and Denver would be so much better than the Big sigh academically, athletically, with research and professional schools, and with actual fan bases. But naturally, Griz fans will be so scared of actual competition that even the hots the Griz fans have for the Bison fb team won’t be enough.

The east division will be Omaha, USD, Augustana, SDSU, NDSU and UND with three flights getting all the schools. Better than what you have in the Big Sigh.

California and Oregon schools have never panned out as you planned. Remember Northridge St that was going to be an FCS power with unlimited potential in the LA media and bring Griz action to untold millions? The same thing happened with Portland St and Sac St as far as fan interest.

The new Summit will be FCS first but FBS is possible by 2025.

The idea that these schools are clearly superior to the current BSC is laughable. When we need any moronic ideas from UND fans we'll ask.

Guess these Griz fans went to such a bad school in logic solving, they don’t even recognize an opportunity when it slaps them in the face.

They bitch up a storm about their current situation, but never want to do anything about it. They are so happy bitching rather than seeing their behinds kicked.

Maybe O’Day had it wrong. DII isn’t the place for you, but NAIA with Carroll College and Northwest Nazarene are.

Seth Bodnar isn't such an idiot as these griz posters. Promise me your stupid pitchforks will be out for him when he announces the move.

It's an interesting idea but we are too different culturally. Ultimately that's why UND wasn't a good fit, there's too many differences with western/northwestern schools. I originally didn't think that was such a big deal since we're all agricultural and rural. Then I went to school at UND for grad school and there's a lot of cultural difference. East of the Montana line is midwestern, the Big Sky is western. That's the way it is.

I'm not reallya fan of this, nor do I think bit would be a good fit for UM...buuuuut.... I kinda want to see it happen just for the potential to see the bonkers fallout on this message board.

UNDfan said:
Guess these Griz fans went to such a bad school in logic solving, they don’t even recognize an opportunity when it slaps them in the face.

They bitch up a storm about their current situation, but never want to do anything about it. They are so happy bitching rather than seeing their behinds kicked.

Maybe O’Day had it wrong. DII isn’t the place for you, but NAIA with Carroll College and Northwest Nazarene are.

Seth Bodnar isn't such an idiot as these griz posters. Promise me your stupid pitchforks will be out for him when he announces the move.

NNU is D2... :oops:

BornGrizz said:
It's an interesting idea but we are too different culturally. Ultimately that's why UND wasn't a good fit, there's too many differences with western/northwestern schools. I originally didn't think that was such a big deal since we're all agricultural and rural. Then I went to school at UND for grad school and there's a lot of cultural difference. East of the Montana line is midwestern, the Big Sky is western. That's the way it is.
Lived near Idaho State for a few years. Couldn’t believe how little people cared there, but there is so little fan enthusiasm around Pocatello. It’s all about BYU, Utah and Boise St.

Montana has enthusiasm for its schools, and that makes a fit. The Big Sky is pretty pathetic academically, and that makes even a better fit for the Presidents.

Arizona and California are so different culturally from even Missoula, but the fans here get violent if there is a breakup.

EWU would be good travel partner for Idaho and Augustana a travel partner for SDSU. USD and Omaha are like the distance to Kalispell in Lewis and Clark miles.

The article is about Augustana, a D-II school, thinking of going to FCS. Doesn't play football, I don't think. They have talked to the Summit commissioner, but: "The real power brokers of the conference, the nine school presidents, have not discussed a possible Augustana membership at their formal meetings (and the topic is not on the agenda for the next one in March), nor has Augustana applied for membership."

And UND fan translates that into a bunch of Big Sky schools moving to the Summit.

Weird.

The fuck is the Summit? Is that where UND landed after being booted from our conference?

PlayerRep said:
The article is about Augustana, a D-II school, thinking of going to FCS. Doesn't play football, I don't think. They have talked to the Summit commissioner, but: "The real power brokers of the conference, the nine school presidents, have not discussed a possible Augustana membership at their formal meetings (and the topic is not on the agenda for the next one in March), nor has Augustana applied for membership."

And UND fan translates that into a bunch of Big Sky schools moving to the Summit.

Weird.

You know so little it's pathetic.

T Denny Sanford has bankrolled projects at USD, SDSU, and NDSU and he wants to raise look little Augustana to DI so the city that made him billions will see rewards of it. UND has rejected his overtures because he wanted his name on the Med School. USD granted him that naming right. Sioux Falls became a credit card capitol because the SD legislature made it legal to charge obscene interest. Denny got many banks to relocate there, like Citi, and made billions.

The Summit League tourney was played at the Sanford Center. He donated hundreds to millions to buy up most of the Hospitals in the Dakotas and renamed them Sanford. He has said he will give away his billions before he dies but wants his name all over. Augustana will get in the Summit because of Sanford's money. Augie has fb and they have won a bb DII championships recently. The Sanford Pentagon is near the Sanford Center where Augie will play mbb.

Augie was in the same DII league for generations as the other Dakotas. They threatened to move to DI when others did but didn't have money. UNI and even Creighton used to play in the old NCC DII league.

The Big Sky will take Dixie St when the powers in that conference leave. The WAC took them to deceive Dixie's true destination. Metro State of Denver will also follow and CWU will follow next year. The Big Sky will be a bunch of low budget schools that griz fans will insist on associating with.

The WAC will also take the Calif fb schools to rebuild their FBS league.

UNDfan said:
BornGrizz said:
Lived near Idaho State for a few years. Couldn’t believe how little people cared there, but there is so little fan enthusiasm around Pocatello. It’s all about BYU, Utah and Boise St.

Montana has enthusiasm for its schools, and that makes a fit. The Big Sky is pretty pathetic academically, and that makes even a better fit for the Presidents.

Arizona and California are so different culturally from even Missoula, but the fans here get violent if there is a breakup.

EWU would be good travel partner for Idaho and Augustana a travel partner for SDSU. USD and Omaha are like the distance to Kalispell in Lewis and Clark miles.

This post is fake, one can't live NEAR Pocatello as there is nothing near Pocatello. The people care so little there because they are all on hold with U-Haul or Fed-Ex.

In the original post he mentions Augustana College, private Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran school. I'm picturing a bunch of up-standing blondes who smell vaguely of herring. The Summit will also have Omaha, star player Marlin Perkins. And Denver, who were 40 years ago a top notch hockey school.

In terms of football, Augustana are Div 2, Omaha doesn't have a football team, Denver hasn't had a football team in over 55 years.

There's trolling and then there's this nonsense. Montana has a better chance of joining the long defunct World League of American Football than this meth induced psychoses of horse crap.

UNDfan said:
BornGrizz said:

What are "Lewis and Clark miles"?

I'm Sure the Griz, Cats, Idaho, and Weber State are just falling all over themselves to join the Summit League....LOL!!! Not happening. If there isn't more money for them in it, and I seriously doubt the Summit League payout per school is much more then the Big Sky there is no reason to move.

UND should post his theories on the Bball forum; the Summit is not even on a football map.

The next move for the BSC is to expand and split north/south into two separate conferences of 8 or 9 teams each, which can then schedule each other for OOC games. The current hurdles are to convince NMS to join and to convince the NCAA to provide another playoff autobid. BH has been quoted that he believes this will happen sooner rather than later. It is believed this would reduce travel costs and improve rivalry interest and intensity.

With the CA football only members, this might be a football only split.

kemajic said:
UND should post his theories on the Bball forum; the Summit is not even on a football map.

The next move for the BSC is to expand and split north/south into two separate conferences of 8 or 9 teams each, which can then schedule each other for OOC games. The current hurdles are to convince NMS to join and to convince the NCAA to provide another playoff autobid. BH has been quoted that he believes this will happen sooner rather than later. It is believed this would reduce travel costs and improve rivalry interest and intensity.

With the CA football only members, this might be a football only split.
BSC: UM, MSU, UI, ISU, EWU, CWU, PSU, Weber
New Conf.: UCD, SacSt, CPSLO, UNC, NAU, NMS, DixieSt, SUU

Back