• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

McGhee New Recruiting Coordinator at MSU

PlayerRep

"Running backs coach DeNarius McGhee will take over as recruiting coordinator, according to MSU."

Missoulian.

Is it just me, or have the C.A.T.S. had a very chaotic offseason for the coaching staff? Choach-speak aside, it seems like a mess. About half the staff, including both coordinators from opening day, are gone, right? Is Choach the only choach to have the same position from this time last year? Sounds like he’s losing the locker room and the admin shed.

garizzalies said:
Is it just me, or have the C.A.T.S. had a very chaotic offseason for the coaching staff? Choach-speak aside, it seems like a mess. About half the staff, including both coordinators from opening day, are gone, right? Is Choach the only choach to have the same position from this time last year? Sounds like he’s losing the locker room and the admin shed.

Dunno garizz.

I think what we've seen may be rather regular, mundane activity during an active *SPE.

*Shit Pond Effect: A natural occurrence during the spring calendar months. Thought to lead to rather bizarre behavior and believed to be caused by shit sentiment floating upward and releasing toxic fumes, the effect can often instill a false heightened sense of self-assessment. See also "Pre-Season National Champions"

garizzalies said:

Maybe check out the gofundme page about this coaches situation before acting like a dick. This is 100% a personal situation and not related to coaching/disagreements among staff, etc. Despite what you want to believe, it’s not as chaotic as you like to let on.

Catsrgrood said:
garizzalies said:

Maybe check out the gofundme page about this coaches situation before acting like a dick. This is 100% a personal situation and not related to coaching/disagreements among staff, etc. Despite what you want to believe, it’s not as chaotic as you like to let on.

He can act like a dick any time he wants, this is eGriz. Speculating is not being a dick. You can go back to the politically correct BN anytime you want. I've seen plenty of dick-ish post on that site, so spare us the holier than thou posturing.

Catsrgrood said:
garizzalies said:

It is directly related to their baby that was born in January. It has some serious medical problems and is currently in an out of State hospital. This has been a really rough time for him and his family. Thus, the gofundme. Our prayers go out to them.

Catsrgrood said:
garizzalies said:

Who’s acting like a dick?
I had no idea his family was involved, and don’t research C.A.T. shit, but regardless, I was not commenting on his particular situation, rather the staff as a whole. Learn to read. The joke was on Choach, not this guy. My 2 questions, which you conveniently ignored, are legit and raise concerns. From the perspective of a Griz fan (on a Griz board, mind you), the off-season seems to have been chaotic no matter the underlying circumstances. Almost 100% turnover from one year to the next seems like a mess to me (not this guy’s personal situation). “Despite what you want to believe,” you’re the one implying shit. So fuck you very much

giphy.gif

Catsrgrood said:
garizzalies said:

Oops

IDK who Josh is, but I hate to hear about anyone having to go through that. Sincere Ts and Ps.

MSU has had quite the shakeup in the staff this offseason. It'll definitely buy Choach a few more years of "process".

CDAGRIZ said:
IDK who Josh is, but I hate to hear about anyone having to go through that. Sincere Ts and Ps.

MSU has had quite the shakeup in the staff this offseason. It'll definitely buy Choach a few more years of "process".

To recap since mid-October 2018 (in order):

OC/QB Coach Bob Cole - relieved of duties in late October and Co-OC Brian Armstrong gets demoted to TE coach (Matt Miller takes over and Bobcats finish season strong).

DC Ty Gregorak - resigned in early January (obviously both boards "covered" the rumors that flew around this one plenty).

CB Coach Mark Orphey - interviewed in late December 2018 and got CB coach job at Utah State.

Kane Ioane, Bobby Daly, and Eric Frazier (WRs/Pass Game Coordinator) join staff and Safety coach Kyle Risinger moves to CB coach to make up for departure of Ty/Orphey and position move of Miller.

Matt Miller gives away recruiting coordinator duties to OL coach Josh Tuafalele.

Pre-spring ball, Tuafalele and Brian Armstrong flip position units as Josh goes to TE's and Brian back to OL.

Post-spring ball, Tuafalele resigns from coaching to take care of his wife and family after the life altering 5 months they had.

Former Boise State HOFer and AZ Cardinal Nate Potter joins staff as TE coach.

Denarius takes over recruiting coordinator duties.

So in total, 4 new coaches (Kane is kind of not new to some of the upper-classmen on the team). The Bob Cole move was obviously a positive as the offense started using the sum of its parts in a much more beneficial way. Orphey got a chance to step up to the FBS level and took it. Ty Gregorak departing and Kane taking over will obviously be a talking point for the foreseeable future. Adding Bobby Daly as an experienced LB coach is phenomenal. Then adding two young coaches in Frazier and Potter rounds everything out. The only move that could be considered "chaotic" from a Griz fan board perspective is the Gregorak for Kane move. Jeff did not want to lose Josh but family comes first.

garizzalies said:
Catsrgrood said:
garizzalies said:

Who’s acting like a dick?
I had no idea his family was involved, and don’t research C.A.T. shit, but regardless, I was not commenting on his particular situation, rather the staff as a whole. Learn to read. The joke was on Choach, not this guy. My 2 questions, which you conveniently ignored, are legit and raise concerns. From the perspective of a Griz fan (on a Griz board, mind you), the off-season seems to have been chaotic no matter the underlying circumstances. Almost 100% turnover from one year to the next seems like a mess to me (not this guy’s personal situation). “Despite what you want to believe,” you’re the one implying shit. So f*** you very much

I know there is no reasoning with you, you have a persona to maintain here.

You said you had no idea his family was involved... that’s my point, before you say “what a mess” this is, take 30 seconds to see if there is any info out there as to why this is happening. The info was there, learn to read, as you put it.

As to your “legit” question; almost 100% turnover? Not sure what math you’re using, but that’s a bit off.

-Cole was released mid season last year- good move, the offense was better after that.

This offseason the cornerback coach moved up to the same job at Utah, nothing wrong with that.

Gregorak was basically let go for performance reasons- you can debate that one, as egriz already has, but it was certainly not even close to what was being rumored.

And now Josh is gone for a horrible reason out of everyone’s control.

That’s 4 coaches dating back to mid season that are gone.

4 out of what, 10 coaches?
Give me a minute......

I think that’s about 40%.

You implied it’s chaos in Bozeman, you implied he had lost the locker room and that’s the reason for the near 100% coaching turnover from last year.

Don’t be an idiot.

VimSince03 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

To recap since mid-October 2018 (in order):

OC/QB Coach Bob Cole - relieved of duties in late October and Co-OC Brian Armstrong gets demoted to TE coach (Matt Miller takes over and Bobcats finish season strong).

DC Ty Gregorak - resigned in early January (obviously both boards "covered" the rumors that flew around this one plenty).

CB Coach Mark Orphey - interviewed in late December 2018 and got CB coach job at Utah State.

Kane Ioane, Bobby Daly, and Eric Frazier (WRs/Pass Game Coordinator) join staff and Safety coach Kyle Risinger moves to CB coach to make up for departure of Ty/Orphey and position move of Miller.

Matt Miller gives away recruiting coordinator duties to OL coach Josh Tuafalele.

Pre-spring ball, Tuafalele and Brian Armstrong flip position units as Josh goes to TE's and Brian back to OL.

Post-spring ball, Tuafalele resigns from coaching to take care of his wife and family after the life altering 5 months they had.

Former Boise State HOFer and AZ Cardinal Nate Potter joins staff as TE coach.

Denarius takes over recruiting coordinator duties.

So in total, 4 new coaches (Kane is kind of not new to some of the upper-classmen on the team). The Bob Cole move was obviously a positive as the offense started using the sum of its parts in a much more beneficial way. Orphey got a chance to step up to the FBS level and took it. Ty Gregorak departing and Kane taking over will obviously be a talking point for the foreseeable future. Adding Bobby Daly as an experienced LB coach is phenomenal. Then adding two young coaches in Frazier and Potter rounds everything out. The only move that could be considered "chaotic" from a Griz fan board perspective is the Gregorak for Kane move. Jeff did not want to lose Josh but family comes first.

Totally. I have no doubt that a staff shakeup of this proportion in the span of several months is always a net-positive in CFB . . . in Bozeman.

Latest posts

Back