• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

More Bobcat Coverage in Missoulian?

goatcreekgriz

It was bound to happen:

https://missoulian.com/news/local/missoulian-publisher-names-gwen-florio-as-executive-editor/article_b53ab09e-a324-508d-98e2-72d8c161e7a7.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest

I expect more front-page above-the-fold articles criticizing eGriz.

goatcreekgriz said:
It was bound to happen:

https://missoulian.com/news/local/missoulian-publisher-names-gwen-florio-as-executive-editor/article_b53ab09e-a324-508d-98e2-72d8c161e7a7.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest

I expect more front-page above-the-fold articles criticizing eGriz.

depressing ….should have skipped opening this post!

I wondered what became of that bitch. Is there any doubt in anyones mind that subscribing to the Missoulian only supports yellow journalism at its worst? Cancel your subscriptions NOW and let that shithead publisher know why.

I wish I could win a journalism award by copying and pasting the same 4 or 5 paragraphs for 6 months and only changing a few words here and there.

In my view, Florio is the person most responsible for most of the bad press, including incorrect and shabby reporting about UM, UM athletics, Missoula and certain individuals like JJ. She and the Missoulian, and later Krakauer to a lesser extent, pushed, caused and magnified matters incurring in Missoula and at UM. Florio and the Missoulian unfairly, and in my view dishonestly at times, inflamed many situations and caused other groups and people to focus on Missoula and certain issues and blow them up and beyond proportion and beyond their actual significance.

She is the person most responsible for for exaggerating and over publicizing issues and problems in Missoula, and in contributing to the decline in enrollment at UM. Other things also caused the enrollment decline. In my view, she has caused more harm to Missoula and UM than any individual in modern history, and probably ever.

It is astounding that the Missoulian, presumably Strauss, is so clueless to elevate her to this position. This will likely contribute to what I assume is the continuing decline of the Missoulian. It looks like Strauss knew Florio from Denver, and attracted her to Greats Falls in the first place.

Again, all my views.

It will be interesting to see if what I perceive as improving, or slightly improving, relations between the Missoulian and UM in recent times, continues to improve, or starts going backwards. I hope she has learned, mellowed and evolved/matured since those several years starting in 2008 or so.

PlayerRep said:
In my view, Florio is the person most responsible for most of the bad press, including incorrect and shabby reporting about UM, UM athletics, Missoula and certain individuals like JJ. She and the Missoulian, and later Krakauer to a lesser extent, pushed, caused and magnified matters incurring in Missoula and at UM. Florio and the Missoulian unfairly, and in my view dishonestly at times, inflamed many situations and caused other groups and people to focus on Missoula and certain issues and blow them up and beyond proportion and beyond their actual significance.

She is the person most responsible for for exaggerating and over publicizing issues and problems in Missoula, and in contributing to the decline in enrollment at UM. Other things also caused the enrollment decline. In my view, she has caused more harm to Missoula and UM than any individual in modern history, and probably ever.

It is astounding that the Missoulian, presumably Strauss, is so clueless to elevate her to this position. This will likely contribute to what I assume is the continuing decline of the Missoulian. It looks like Strauss knew Florio from Denver, and attracted her to Greats Falls in the first place.

Again, all my views.

It will be interesting to see if what I perceive as improving, or slightly improving, relations between the Missoulian and UM in recent times, continues to improve, or starts going backwards. I hope she has learned, mellowed and evolved/matured since those several years starting in 2008 or so.

Totally agree. It will be interesting to see if there is an uptick of....inflammatory articles about the university from Keila Szpaller now that Florio is running the show. Ugh.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
I hope she has learned, mellowed and evolved/matured since those several years starting in 2008 or so.
lol. That leopard ain't changin' it's spots.
Why should she (other than in infusion of intellectual honesty)? Apparently, she's made all the right career moves to be elevated to such a prestigious position. :cool:

I'll say no more.

They must truly be desperate. To call her a journalist is a real stretch. We should all hope she will be a true failure

They must truly be desperate. To call her a journalist is a real stretch. We should all hope she will be a true failure

So many of you morons are so pathetic. I'll bet 80% of those commenting have their tv locked into Fox News. The Missoulian is a newspaper with (guessing) .0001 % of the following of Fox News. Can you just melt and go away. And this from one who doesn't live in Missoula or take the paper.

sdk.catfish said:
So many of you morons are so pathetic. I'll bet 80% of those commenting have their tv locked into Fox News. The Missoulian is a newspaper with (guessing) .0001 % of the following of Fox News. Can you just melt and go away. And this from one who doesn't live in Missoula or take the paper.

Your post has ZERO to do with Florio’s journalistic ethics. Zero, zip, nada. She’s a hack with an agenda against the University, and specifically university athletes. You’re ok with that, apparently.

sdk.catfish said:

WTH does this have to do with Foxnews?..because this person has done much harm to
a former player, school, a successful program and a university you label us..who's the moron?
Guy's like you are opinionated and weak minded...thats what is so pathetic! ..sorry guys like us
won't melt and go away!

Back