• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Caleb Hill MLB Draft

Was an ace pitcher in high school. Had offers to pitch and play football. Went the football route but many said his pitching was legit.

HookedonGriz said:
Was an ace pitcher in high school. Had offers to pitch and play football. Went the football route but many said his pitching was legit.
I would not relish digging into the LH box against this guy.

kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:
I would not relish digging into the LH box against this guy.

Ha! Maybe a little wild yes! That just keeps the hitters honest :D

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/updated-former-montana-grizzly-football-player-caleb-hill-drafted-by/article_a6f7450e-ad5e-5e17-8058-17e2d86db3a6.html

AZGrizFan said:
I can’t remember the last time I was this happy for a Griz football player.

i totally agree with azgrizfan......Hill has to be near the top of the most selfless players the griz have ever had......not much went right and yet his commitment and attitude to do what he could for the team is very commendable .....in my mind he is a great kid and what Griz football is about (character)....i wish him all the success.....no relation, don't know him personally, just as fan who liked what he saw.

Good for him! Lots of players drafted in those rounds end up working their way up, all the best to him! Once a Griz always a Griz.

krammer said:
AZGrizFan said:

i totally agree with azgrizfan......Hill has to be near the top of the most selfless players the griz have ever had......not much went right and yet his commitment and attitude to do what he could for the team is very commendable .....in my mind he is a great kid and what Griz football is about (character)....i wish him all the success.....no relation, don't know him personally, just as fan who liked what he saw.

All I can say is his willingness to do whatever it takes, to play ANYWHERE, will serve him well as he moves up through the Red Sox system.... :clap: :clap:

He’s a baller. Plain and simple.

AZGrizFan said:
krammer said:
AZGrizFan said:

All I can say is his willingness to do whatever it takes, to play ANYWHERE, will serve him well as he moves up through the Red Sox system.... :clap: :clap:

He’s a baller. Plain and simple.

I can't remember a Griz football player ever being drafted by MLB...Would love to see him on the field for the Sox, or any other MLB team (except Yankees) someday!

I like the comment from Caleb too:

“Thank you Coach! It was honor to play for you and Griz football! Love you Coach”

https://twitter.com/Coach_Hauck/status/1136666024890159104

Back