• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pre Season Polls

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Athalon - Griz are 23
Hero - Griz are unranked

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/athlon-sports-preseason-fcs-top-25-2019?amp&__twitter_impression=true

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-2019-hero-sports-preseason-top-25-fcs-ajaj

Westcoastfan said:
Surprised to see we are ranked at all.

Yea will be interesting what STATS says, that’s the big one. Griz have a lot of talent and starters coming back so hard to say. I wouldn’t be surprised with a 23-25 range.

uofmman1122 said:
There’s such depth at quarterback that Troy Andersen, a co-selection on the 2018 All-Big Sky first team, is moving back to linebacker as a junior.
lol wut? :lol:

Redshirt sophomore Tucker Rovig and two redshirt freshman (Casey Bauman and Ruben Beltran). Incoming true freshman will be PWOs Blake Thelen of Great Falls High and John Knight of Colville High in Washington. Knight is basically a Garrett Graves clone so I wouldn't really consider him QB depth...unless MSU wants to go run first...which they have since Choate took over. Actually, following that logic MSU does have great depth at QB because over half the roster can run QB power. :thumb:

VimSince03 said:
uofmman1122 said:
There’s such depth at quarterback that Troy Andersen, a co-selection on the 2018 All-Big Sky first team, is moving back to linebacker as a junior.

MSU does have great depth at QB because over half the roster can run QB power. :thumb:

Can’t argue any of that. Not being in the polls is just fine for the Griz.

bgbigdog said:
VimSince03 said:
uofmman1122 said:

MSU does have great depth at QB because over half the roster can run QB power. :thumb:

We have some very good players and very improved depth. The tough schedule will serve us well; the Griz will be very good by season's end.

VimSince03 said:
uofmman1122 said:

Welp, you got me there. :lol:

kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:
VimSince03 said:
uofmman1122 said:

We have some very good players and very improved depth. The tough schedule will serve us well; the Griz will be very good by season's end.

Haley’s Stats poll is getting pounded for the pick of state ag @ #8 & no mention of Montana until the ‘holding our breath” category. My point on polls is that they don’t matter until November. If they get through that tough schedule with 8/9/10 wins, then yes, the depth was likely improved along with the o-line play & the emergence of a pass rush threat. Sneed likely won’t airmail as many throws because he’s not beat to a pulp & there’s a running game that can get the tough yards. You know, “Bobby Ball.”

No idea how good they’ll be @ seasons end. But like every other team, it’s all right there in front of them.

bgbigdog said:
kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:
VimSince03 said:

Haley’s Stats poll is getting pounded for the pick of state ag @ #8 & no mention of Montana until the ‘holding our breath” category. My point on polls is that they don’t matter until November. If they get through that tough schedule with 8/9/10 wins, then yes, the depth was likely improved along with the o-line play & the emergence of a pass rush threat. Sneed likely won’t airmail as many throws because he’s not beat to a pulp & there’s a running game that can get the tough yards. You know, “Bobby Ball.”

No idea how good they’ll be @ seasons end. But like every other team, it’s all right there in front of them.

My prediction is the griz start the season literally up and down with a loss, win, loss, win, loss, win through the first six games. What happens after that? Ideally (for you guys :lol: ) Sneed stays healthy, o line gels and stays healthy, and overall they continue to improve heading into a brutal end stretch to the season. I still think you go into Cat griz with five losses and if you only have four at that point I honestly think that is a pretty good showing for Bobby's 2019 griz.

so is Chris Murray back for the cats? by the end of the season we will be right where we need to be. Agree with kemajic going to be a good year.

uofmman1122 said:
Yea and the other link says this:

The question is who will be QB1 and can Montana State threaten a defense through the air?

Combine the two and there’s so much depth that there is no starter. Wow. Mind blown.

It makes no sense. Move a guy from the most important position where he broke records and won awards, so that nobody in particular can take his place. Clearly Choach is following “The Plan” and not actually trying to win games. Straight out of the CDA playbook

It doesn’t hurt Haley to stick the Griz on his poll. It gets him a lot of extra clicks. (Disclaimer: I enjoy reading all of Craig’s articles to stay up to date nationwide in the FCS).

Grizzly Oredigger said:
It doesn’t hurt Haley to stick the Griz on his poll. It gets him a lot of extra clicks. (Disclaimer: I enjoy reading all of Craig’s articles to stay up to date nationwide in the FCS).
I “Follow” Haley on Twitter. Got a hoot out of one fan who replied, “the Ivy League should be in the top 5, as was proven last year.”

Of course, one rebuttal came through right away: “Your conference doesn't participate in the playoffs. no one cares about your conference.”

Still, out of fairness, I wondered what got the Ivy guy all wound up. The Ivy did indeed appear dominant in its OOC results: If I counted right, they were 19-5. Looks like a Wow!

But there are a few glaring cracks in that armor. First, 17 of those wins – i. e., all but two – came against opponents in the Pioneer League (weakest FCS conference, #13), the Patriot (#11), the NEC (#10) and the Big South [1 game] (#8). BFD.

They did manage to beat Mercer (5-6) in the SoCon (ranked #5). The only "quality win" was a home upset of Maine (CAA) by Yale.

Except for the Maine shocker, whenever an Ivy played a team from a quality conference … they lost. That included a loss to Cal Poly (5-6) and two teams losing to Rhode Island (6-5). Not exactly a dominant resume.

garizzalies said:
uofmman1122 said:

The question is who will be QB1 and can Montana State threaten a defense through the air?

Combine the two and there’s so much depth that there is no starter. Wow. Mind blown.

It makes no sense. Move a guy from the most important position where he broke records and won awards, so that nobody in particular can take his place. Clearly Choach is following “The Plan” and not actually trying to win games. Straight out of the CDA playbook

I agree. Choate has absolutely no idea what he's doing.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
uofmman1122 said:

I agree. Choate has absolutely no idea what he's doing.

I think you would do well to re-evaluate. I posit that Choachote knows precisely what he’s doing. He’s fooled us all, Bobs and Griz, to conclude he’s not that bright. In reality, he has his fan base and administration wrapped tightly around his sausage finger with one of the best played campaigns in the history of CFB.

poorgriz said:
Choate won't settle for mediocrity
What’s the flattest thing at Bozeman State?
The bills of their baseball caps?
Their completion totals?
The buildings’ rooflines that can’t make it through a MT winter?
Or that tired inflatable head-C.A.T. that hasn’t puked out a QB in over 4 years?

Oh yea, and that gigantic cat head thingy they run out of is flat, too
#flatline

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
Choate won't settle for mediocrity
What’s the flattest thing at Bozeman State?
The bills of their baseball caps?
Their completion totals?
The buildings’ rooflines that can’t make it through a MT winter?
Or that tired inflatable head-C.A.T. that hasn’t puked out a QB in over 4 years?

Oh yea, and that gigantic cat head thingy they run out of is flat, too
#flatline

You forgot to mention Coach Choate that is undefeated against the Griz and took his team to the playoffs. Your so butt-hurt garizzalies! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back