• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Surprise player of the year.

Paytonlives

Staff member
We all know about the Sneed, Akem, Sulser, Olson... etc.

But who do you see as the unexpected big contributor?

I got Malek Flowers on O
and
Joe Babros on D

I think if the O-line really goes, Sirmon’s leadership will be a large part of the success. I’m hoping for a nice season for him.

I’m really hoping Calhoun makes a big leap in year two back at the corner position after taking three years off from it since high school. Last year was a rebaptism by fire for him. For O I think Knight is gonna overtake the lead roll at RB as long as he can hold on to the ball.

Drew Turner on Offense
Alex Hurlburt on Defense (haven't heard much about this guy at fall camp but gogriz.com roster description says he's a true frosh so I'd hopefully expect some playing time for him this year). *Fingers Crossed*

Garrett Graves will be the WOW factor on offense once he gets a few handoffs. His size and speed at RB will be surprising!

uofmman1122 said:
Toure is gonna have the biggest jump in production of anyone on our team this year, IMO.

Toure caught 37 balls for 440 yards last year.
Mitch Roberts caught 1 ball for 6 yards last year.
Flowers caught 0 balls for 0 yards last year.

I'm gonna guess Flowers' jump in production is larger than either of the other two.

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:
Toure is gonna have the biggest jump in production of anyone on our team this year, IMO.

Toure caught 37 balls for 440 yards last year.
Mitch Roberts caught 1 ball for 6 yards last year.
Flowers caught 0 balls for 0 yards last year.

I'm gonna guess Flowers' jump in production is larger than either of the other two.
I think Toure might catch 8+ TDs this year.

I'm guessing this is exempting the obvious Cat QB crew.

As I said in other thread, Toure seems to be heavily focused this year.

Does anybody know the scoop on Lorenzo Brown? He looked like a grown man in his recruiting photo and he seemed to have great promise, yet there seems to be no mention of him on the projected 2 deep.

Back