• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fall Camp: Two Griz Players Leave Team

go96griz

As reported by the Missoulian beat writer:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FrankGogola/status/1162162181107937280

Sain had lots of potential. Hope it’s not true.

Good luck to both of 'em. I hope they continue with schooling.

Does this open up some scholarship opportunities?

Damn, Roland already gone? I had high hopes for him to contribute. I thought Sain played well last year. It's a shame he left, as well.

#51 has been removed from the roster on gogriz.com
Same with #28
Hopefully Quick and Barthell are ahead of schedule.
The freshman CBs gettin a lot of reps in practice must have ruffled some feathers.

Wish them both the best

Crap, had high hopes for them both. If sain was half as good as his dad that's a big loss. I remember him at Montana Western and then with the cats. He was a tremendous lineman.

Losing Sain hurts a bit. Lots of potential. Roland was gonna help with depth. He had to sit out first practice as he was out of shape and not ready. Maybe that didn’t sit well with coaches. Believe he was a a walk on. Sain had a scholarship.

That is really too bad! Roland is a big time ball hawk and playmaker. Might not be the biggest guy, but I feel we could have gotten some great coverage out of him and probably a solid handful of interceptions. Really sad to see good players leave. Not cool. Come on coaches! From my understanding, Sain was very good, as well. Extremely disappointing to see highly talented players walk away from the program. Do things need to change?

Kobezoey said:
That is really too bad! Roland is a big time ball hawk and playmaker. Might not be the biggest guy, but I feel we could have gotten some great coverage out of him and probably a solid handful of interceptions. Really sad to see good players leave. Not cool. Come on coaches! From my understanding, Sain was very good, as well. Extremely disappointing to see highly talented players walk away from the program. Do things need to change?

While I obviously don't know the sitution, it is unfair to assume this is a coach issue. Players leave due to injuries, family issues, mental health issues, being homesick, child responsibilities, financials concerns, lack of toughness, poor work ethic, not being in shape, coaches, etc. Not making any assumptions here but players leaving the team will always happen for good and bad reasons.

We are fine at CB so I worry less about Roland. I'm more disappointed about Sain because he would be depth at center this year.

Kobezoey said:
Really sad to see good players leave. Not cool. Come on coaches! Extremely disappointing to see highly talented players walk away from the program. Do things need to change?

Huh?

go96griz said:
Kobezoey said:

While I obviously don't know the sitution, it is unfair to assume this is a coach issue. Players leave due to injuries, family issues, mental health issues, being homesick, child responsibilities, financials concerns, lack of toughness, poor work ethic, not being in shape, coaches, etc. Not making any assumptions here but players leaving the team will always happen for good and bad reasons.

This. To instantly jump to a conclusion that this is on the Coaches is a leap. There are 100 other guys working hard and not going anywhere so maybe this one is on the players or circumstances

Kobezoey said:

#RTD

While I don't necessarily agree with Kobezoey's post, it's obvious from past posts that he/she is close to a particular player, so I'm not sure we should immediately dismiss his/her insight out of hand.

EverettGriz said:
While I don't necessarily agree with Kobezoey's post, it's obvious from past posts that he/she is close to a particular player, so I'm not sure we should immediately dismiss his/her insight out of hand.

Let's not dismiss it....let's hear what he has to say. Are we talking firing coaches? Which ones? Why? Let's do this.

SoldierGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

Let's not dismiss it....let's hear what he has to say. Are we talking firing coaches? Which ones? Why? Let's do this.

I just called Butte and asked grandpa if he's ready. He said yes, as soon as he finds his teeth and his car keys.

#aceinthehole

Ursa Major said:
SoldierGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

I just called Butte and asked grandpa if he's ready. He said yes, as soon as he finds his teeth and his car keys.

#aceinthehole

:lol:

Kobezoey said:

I agree. College coaches are always getting rid of talented kids for no reason whatsoever. I'm tired of it...

Back