• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Beer me!

Richard Cranium

A half a dozen and I’m sure more to come SEC schools have decided to sell beer at their football games. Why isn’t the U capitalizing on serving beer at the Griz games. Just the beer sponsorship alone would be huge revenue for the U. If the Bible Belt area can serve up the suds to their football fans I’m sure the hearty people of Montana can do the same.

Richard Cranium said:
A half a dozen and I’m sure more to come SEC schools have decided to sell beer at their football games. Why isn’t the U capitalizing on serving beer at the Griz games. Just the beer sponsorship alone would be huge revenue for the U. If the Bible Belt area can serve up the suds to their football fans I’m sure the hearty people of Montana can do the same.

They do, you just have to have tix to the Canyon Club. There's seating inside, or if you have seating outside in the special canyon club section, you can go in, grab a beer, then head outside to your seats.

That being said, one of the claims for not selling beer in stadium is that it is claimed that the Wa Griz facilites aren't uhhh, accessible to making that happen.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Richard Cranium said:

They do, you just have to have tix to the Canyon Club. There's seating inside, or if you have seating outside in the special canyon club section, you can go in, grab a beer, then head outside to your seats.

That being said, one of the claims for not selling beer in stadium is that it is claimed that the Wa Griz facilites aren't uhhh, accessible to making that happen.

The bathroom lines are already too long when we can only drink outside the stadium, imagine if we could drink inside for the entire first half. #morepissers

Griztrain said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Richard Cranium said:

The bathroom lines are already too long when we can only drink outside the stadium, imagine if we could drink inside for the entire first half. #morepissers

Too much pee pee at the FB?

Griztrain said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Richard Cranium said:

It isn't like there is a boat load of pissers that are outside the stadium that folks can use either - outside of trekking inside the adams center, UC or any of the other closer buildings - how would it be different?

Not enough bathrooms for beer is the definition of a "you problem". IDGAF about your pee problems, give me your $7 and I'll give you a flat Bud Light like a GD American. Saying we can't sell beer due to long bathroom lines is like saying you can't go to college because you don't have a notebook. Figure it the fuck out.

CDAGRIZ said:
Not enough bathrooms for beer is the definition of a "you problem". IDGAF about your pee problems, give me your $7 and I'll give you a flat Bud Light like a GD American. Saying we can't sell beer due to long bathroom lines is like not going to college because you don't have a notebook. Figure it the f*** out.
Agreed. I feel like they're making the excuse that if beer were offered in the stadium, it therefore means more people will be drinking beer because they can buy it in the stadium...forgetting that people are drinking before the game and at halftime.

In the end, no matter how it pencils out, you still have (on a full stadium day) 26,000+ people using the pissers, regardless of if they bought beer in the stadium or not.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Not enough bathrooms for beer is the definition of a "you problem". IDGAF about your pee problems, give me your $7 and I'll give you a flat Bud Light like a GD American. Saying we can't sell beer due to long bathroom lines is like not going to college because you don't have a notebook. Figure it the f*** out.
Agreed. I feel like they're making the excuse that if beer were offered in the stadium, it therefore means more people will be drinking beer because they can buy it in the stadium...forgetting that people are drinking before the game and at halftime.

In the end, no matter how it pencils out, you still have (on a full stadium day) 26,000+ people using the pissers, regardless of if they bought beer in the stadium or not.

I'm convinced the bathroom lines cannot be the real excuse. I think it's another one of those things that kind of get passed along at tailgates and charity scrambles and become "fact" after a while.

"Hey, man, they should sell beer at the stadium."
"Nah, you idiot, they did a study, and bathroom lines would be too long. You have 146 to carry the water."
*Not wanting to feel stupid* "Oh, that makes sense."

I genuinely hope this is the case. If we actually aren't selling beers in the stadium because of bathroom lines, we could have actual dum-dums making decisions.

CDAGRIZ said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

...I genuinely hope this is the case. If we actually aren't selling beers in the stadium because of bathroom lines, we could have actual dum-dums making decisions.

It wouldn't be the first time the bolded above has occurred.
giphy.gif

I just received my tickets for the Ducks/Griz game. In the package was a notice of Oregon's policy change about halftime re-entry. They will no longer allow people to leave the stadium and re-enter after halftime. This is the trend as more schools move to this along with the clear bag policy. Notice the Griz finally moved to the clear bag policy this year. Is the no halftime re-entry next? If so, this will present an opportunity to sell beer in the stadium. It actually may be required to appease our fans.

go96griz said:
I just received my tickets to the Ducks/Griz game. In the package was a notice of Oregon's policy change about halftime re-entry. They will no longer allow people to leave the stadium and re-enter after halftime. This is the trend as more schools move to this along with the clear bag policy. Notice the Griz finally moved to the clear bag policy this year. Is the no halftime re-entry next? If so, this will present an opportunity to sell beer in the stadium. It actually may be needed to appease the fans.

But the pissers! Where will people go! Don't you know, the U has to let people out so they can use the restrooms - there aren't enough! :shock: /sarcasm

Well, the lack of pissers IS a problem, but it's simply a logistical one that could be -- and already should be -- overcome. I still think the issue is perception and liability, but I think we're beginning to see a sea-change on those issues, and the dam may be weakening.

That said, I do think GT makes a good point in his post above: any beer-selling party to the contract would likely demand that UM no longer allow re-entrance. How will that play?

Dick, it’s pretty simple. The swells in the canyon club have their beers and one would assume they have pissers for them also. That being said, if they sold beer in the rest of the stadium that would then make the canyon club less special. Does anyone really want to see that to happen? Come on dick get a clue. :thumb:

Dutch Lane said:
Dick, it’s pretty simple. The swells in the canyon club have their beers and one would assume they have pissers for them also. That being said, if they sold beer in the rest of the stadium that would then make the canyon club less special. Does anyone really want to see that to happen? Come on dick get a clue. :thumb:

Ok you stay outside in the wet and cold and drink your beer and the club people will be warm, dry and watching every FB game on about 20 tv's, oh and eating some good hot food.
Less special probably not just expensive.

But we minions will have our own....one day.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
...I genuinely hope this is the case. If we actually aren't selling beers in the stadium because of bathroom lines, we could have actual dum-dums making decisions.

It wouldn't be the first time the bolded above has occurred.
giphy.gif

[/quote]

True. The patricians of the Canyon Club are taken care of, so the plebeians should STFU.
Weber State has denied reentry any time you leave. Bet that hasn't affected beer sales there. :lol:

EverettGriz said:
Well, the lack of pissers IS a problem, but it's simply a logistical one that could be -- and already should be -- overcome. I still think the issue is perception and liability, but I think we're beginning to see a sea-change on those issues, and the dam may be weakening.

That said, I do think GT makes a good point in his post above: any beer-selling party to the contract would likely demand that UM no longer allow re-entrance. How will that play?

I think the solution could be to have areas outside the tunnels that are still "inside" the stadium for re-entry purposes, like almost every other stadium that isn't a collection of modular bleachers. People say we don't have the space, but some portable chain link fixes that.

Further, I see your point about the beer sellers demanding no more re-entry, but I'm not sure I agree. If CDA/EG Beer Co. gets approached to be the first to sell on the inside, I'm not sure I would care about whether people leave at halftime. I can't get $7 for 12oz of warm Coors Light in a plastic cup anywhere else in the state, and I'm going to sell more than a few even if people are loading up on Keystones in the parking lot at half. Hell, I might sell even more in the second half if they do shotgun a few at halftime. :D

I'll just add that the legal beer sales on the inside would definitely increase smuggling. Buy one legal beer, get the cup, and pour the smuggled beer into it the rest of the game. ATM indeed.

Dutch Lane said:

I don't use the bathrooms in the Canyon Club when I attend games there. After I crush a couple chardonnays, I simply relieve my self on the commoners below.

CDAGRIZ said:
Not enough bathrooms for beer is the definition of a "you problem". IDGAF about your pee problems, give me your $7 and I'll give you a flat Bud Light like a GD American. Saying we can't sell beer due to long bathroom lines is like saying you can't go to college because you don't have a notebook. Figure it the f*** out.

That's what the new plastic bags are for.

Back