• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bill Speltz Article

MikeyGriz

I like most of what Bill writes.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/bill-speltz-bobby-hauck-s-grizzlies-will-be-markedly-better/article_2e5c5a1c-0b32-591b-aa02-a154a504f1c7.html#tncms-source=infinity-scroll-summary-siderail-latest

"I'm most proud of this group because they've embraced everything we've asked them to do and asked for more," Hauck said. "They've got great work ethic, great determination. They've got a toughness about them, both mental and physical. So I'm really proud of that."

"It's going to make a total difference for us I think, just simply having a year of training both on the field and in the film room as well as the weight room and the conditioning portion," Hauck offered. "Then from an expectation level and maturation, all those different things are going to play into it. I think we'll be able to perform better across the board."

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Says it will take three to seven years to get back to where we were...

It takes time. Trust the process. I think Hauck will be able to get you back to being competitive a bit quicker than most, because the griz are in Missoula. If you can find a QB as good as Sneed, I'd guess you make the playoffs in 2020. Perhaps a deep run in 2021.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Right under that it says this: ""But to these guys' credit, they bought in right away. That makes us probably quicker in the arc," he noted. "... I won't know where we're at until we play some games but I like where we're going."

That makes us probably quicker in the arc.

13weqn.jpg

poorgriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

It takes time. Trust the process. I think Hauck will be able to get you back to being competitive a bit quicker than most, because the griz are in Missoula. If you can find a QB as good as Sneed, I'd guess you make the playoffs in 2020. Perhaps a deep run in 2021.

Playoffs...2019...

hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Anybody know how to get on the season ticket list for 2025? It's going to be an amazing year!

mcg said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Anybody know how to get on the season ticket list for 2025? It's going to be an amazing year!

I think it’s all coach speak honestly. Just looking at the roster, I would think that next season for sure will be rolling. This season will give us an idea of what direction the program is moving one year into Bobby Hauck part 2. Who knows. The skill positions are loaded, whether or not this season is a playoff season depends on the progress made in the trenches.

Back