• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who is Weber State's Best Win?

grizpsych

I would love to read all of your comments on this subject. If it's Northern Iowa, I think they will have a problem with us.

Could be...

Northern Iowa
Sacramento State
Northern Arizona.

I'm undecided.

grizindabox said:
What is Montana's best win? What about it makes you believe it is as good as a win against UNI?

Montana's best win is a tough question too. At first blush I would say Monmouth. Regarding UNI, they have struggled in many of their wins this year and I don't believe they are as quality as the polls would lead us to believe.

grizpsych said:
I would love to read all of your comments on this subject. If it's Northern Iowa, I think they will have a problem with us.

Could be...

Northern Iowa
Sacramento State
Northern Arizona.

I'm undecided.

Order
Sac State
N Iowa
way below
NAU

Our best win was UC-Davis, destroyed their season. I'm not kidding when I say that they have not yet recovered. The ferocity and precision of the GRIZ rocked them to their core. They are starting to recover and will beat wholesale ass on the Cats this weekend but deep down they know.

I watched them play Southern Utah and thought Weber looked very beatable. They followed that with solid wins against NAU, Davis and Sac State. Just when I thought they were looking like a strong team after all, they had a squeaker against North Dakota. Would have to say Sac State was the most impressive win.

maroonandsilver said:
Weber's best, was a loss. To FCS San Diego State 6-0.

Not sure how a loss is a "best win". You should start a "What is Weber State's Best Performance?" thread.

GrizRick said:
I watched them play Southern Utah and thought Weber looked very beatable. They followed that with solid wins against NAU, Davis and Sac State. Just when I thought they were looking like a strong team after all, they had a squeaker against North Dakota. Would have to say Sac State was the most impressive win.

This is what I'm thinking too.

1972 said:
grizpsych said:

Could be...

Northern Iowa
Sacramento State
Northern Arizona.

I'm undecided.

Order
Sac State
N Iowa
way below
NAU

Probably. My list was not in order.

SaskGriz said:
Our best win was UC-Davis, destroyed their season. I'm not kidding when I say that they have not yet recovered. The ferocity and precision of the GRIZ rocked them to their core. They are starting to recover and will beat wholesale ass on the Cats this weekend but deep down they know.

This + :thumb:

NorthEndZoneDan said:
SaskGriz said:

This + :thumb:

I think it UC-Davis was our best win at the time. But given their performance since then, I'm leaning towards Monmouth.

Weber's best win had to be their last one. To come from behind, take away the ball and kick the winning FG with 23 seconds left is pretty impressive. UND should have won that one.

fencer24 said:
Weber's best win had to be their last one. To come from behind, take away the ball and kick the winning FG with 23 seconds left is pretty impressive. UND should have won that one.
First, to address your question: I tend to agree that the come-from-behind win at North Dakota is probably their “best win.” The win over UNI was important and impressive, but, IMO, the Panthers were still trying to gel at that point. Hate to admit it, but they’ve improved a lot since then.

We’ve seen a couple of Weber’s games, and there’s no question that they’re a damn good team. And they’ve put up some pretty impressive winning scores, so it’s not just defense. On the other hand, some not-so-hot opponents have scored 24, 27, 28 and 35 points points against them. That 35 points came at Idaho and Petrino went 24 of 35 (69%) for 212 yards against them. And the Van-dulls also had over 190 yards rushing.

My point: The ‘cat are good but very much beatable.

Best win, was vs Northern Iowa, Weber had to play the game with their second string QB against one of the better FCS defensive teams who took Big 12 Iowa State to 3 overtimes

2nd Best was against Sac State. Would be first but Thompson went down (even though Weber was up 23-10 before he went out) and Sac never recovered from it.

3rd was North Dakota. North Dakota had a gameplan and executed it very well. To come back and win in a game where not much went well for you shows a lot of grit. And may have been a wake up game.

4th UC Davis. The win might not seem like much of a big deal but Jake Maier is a good QB and Weber held him to his worst collegiate performance.

5th NAU. Another game that "tested" Weber. Weber's defense is young and Cookus exploited it at times, but the offense rose to the challenge racking up 51 points and close to 500 total rushing yards.

6th Southern Utah. The TBirds may be bad but rivalry games always throw stats and the like out the window. Emotions ride high and I think Weber handled it well. Had a rough 1st half but the 2nd half was all Weber.

7th Idaho. Idahi is bad, but they are a different team at home. And Weber is the only team this year who has beaten Idaho in Moscow. Even Eastern Washington lost there.

8th Cal Poly. Weber won this one pretty handily, Cal Poly had some playmakers and some good drives but never posed much of a threat.

our best win will be against Weber. But our best game probably was against the team that is #6 in the nation right now. People might not think much about PSU but that was a good win too. Hell look how they competed against Boise St.

Back