• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Don’t Look Now, Dante Olson at 120 Tackles

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Pretty damn incredible that Dante Olson is up to 120 tackles again through 10 games. He is number 1 in the Big Sky. He has two games left and then some playoff games. He could possibly break his own record!

HookedonGriz said:
Pretty damn incredible that Dante Olson is up to 120 tackles again through 10 games. He is number 1 in the Big Sky. He has two games left and then some playoff games. He could possibly break his own record!
Have seen some good LBs here, but this guy is heads above. His eyesight, strength and range are a very unusual combination. Did I add consistency...

HookedonGriz said:
He is, in fact, #1 in number of tackles in all of FCS. The guy who's ranked number one on that list has 113, but in nine games, so his Total Tackles value is 12.6 per game, compared to Olson's 12.0 in ten games. Just FYI, the top guy in the list, Brandon Easterling, plays for Dayton. The next guy in "raw" number of tackles has 117 in ten games. He plays for mighty Presbyterian.

Though it would be a pretty tough feat, if he gets another 120 tackles before season's end, he has an outside chance of being a BSC Defensive Honorable Mention. I'd like to be able to predict POY honors, but the voters are probably leaning toward a senior reserve on the New Mexico State fencing team.

CDAGRIZ said:
Though it would be a pretty tough feat, if he gets another 120 tackles before season's end, he has an outside chance of being a BSC Defensive Honorable Mention. I'd like to be able to predict POY honors, but the voters are probably leaning toward a senior reserve on the New Mexico State fencing team.

I think another 120 may be a stretch...118 maybe, but much more likely 112, which means he'll lose out to the senior reserve on the NMS fencing team for sure...but let's face it...she's really, really good...for a reserve

CDAGRIZ said:

The more pressing matter is whether 240 tackles gets him on the Payton watch list...

stubbins said:
CDAGRIZ said:

The more pressing matter is whether 240 tackles gets him on the Payton watch list...

:lol:

grizpaws said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I think another 120 may be a stretch...118 maybe, but much more likely 112, which means he'll lose out to the senior reserve on the NMS fencing team for sure...but let's face it...she's really, really good...for a reserve

:clap:
Nice work.

stubbins said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I heard that he hasn't had enough reps at QB for that...

Grisly Fan said:
stubbins said:
CDAGRIZ said:

That's good.

grizpaws said:
Grisly Fan said:
stubbins said:
CDAGRIZ said:

That's good.

All joking aside, the sad fact is the MSU kids(not Troy, but Bryce) gonna be givin the award while arguably the greatest defenseive player to play in the con goes 1st-2nd rd and the scat is taken in the 7th and then makes a practice squad.

I wish there was a good Football league for Dante to play in after his Griz days. I guess the CFL is okay, but I can't get used to their field or 3 downs enough to watch. I would be a Stampeders fan though.

Regardless, he's smart enough to write his ticket wherever.

alabamagrizzly said:
grizpaws said:
Grisly Fan said:
stubbins said:

That's good.

All joking aside, the sad fact is the MSU kids(not Troy, but Bryce) gonna be givin the award while arguably the greatest defenseive player to play in the con goes 1st-2nd rd and the scat is taken in the 7th and then makes a practice squad.
I'm sorry, did you just say that Dante is going to be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round? In the NFL draft?

ilovethecats said:
alabamagrizzly said:
grizpaws said:
Grisly Fan said:

That's good.

I'm sorry, did you just say that Dante is going to be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round? In the NFL draft?

He's not fast enough for that...will get a look in the draft, and if he goes, it'll be late.

stubbins said:
ilovethecats said:
alabamagrizzly said:
grizpaws said:
That's good.

He's not fast enough for that...will get a look in the draft, and if he goes, it'll be late.
Absolutely. Great player, great kid. He's friends with my friends son who threw javelin for you guys. So no slight intended. But if anyone is suggesting that he's a 1st or 2nd rounder I think they need to re-evaluate.

I like how a Cat getting drafted late and maybe making a practice squad in the NFL is now considered trash talk. :lol:

ilovethecats said:
stubbins said:
ilovethecats said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Absolutely. Great player, great kid. He's friends with my friends son who threw javelin for you guys. So no slight intended. But if anyone is suggesting that he's a 1st or 2nd rounder I think they need to re-evaluate.

I like how a Cat getting drafted late and maybe making a practice squad in the NFL is now considered trash talk. :lol:

You new around here? :lol: :lol:

ilovethecats said:
stubbins said:
ilovethecats said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Almost as good as "best 37 in the state" (not true BTW). :coffee:

There are some draft boards that have Dante anywhere between the 4th and 5th rounds. Saw one that had him in the 3rd.

Back