• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Malik Flowers as a WR?

reinell30

eGriz Club
DONOR
Any one tell me why Malik doesn't get a chance to play as a WR? He runs like a deer. Does he have bad hands? Man I am confused.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Toure...Akem...Roberts...JLM

Theyre all pretty good

No substitution for speed. If Sammy is injured, I am just wondering if Malik would get a chance?

reinell30 said:
Any one tell me why Malik doesn't get a chance to play as a WR? He runs like a deer. Does he have bad hands? Man I am confused.

He’s on every special team, but like yourself, I’d figure out a way to get him the ball a time or two in addition to kickoff return duties.

He’s actually a really good WR. He’d probably start at WR for the majority of Big Sky teams. He just has some dudes in front of him here. I could see him getting some time if Sammy is out though.

HookedonGriz said:
He’s actually a really good WR. He’d probably start at WR for the majority of Big Sky teams. He just has some dudes in front of him here. I could see him getting some time if Sammy is out though.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sammy, but Malik impresses me as well. Remember the other great returner we had, some kid who wore #80 from Havre? He was one hell of a WR too. (No disrespect Marc Mariani, I know who you are)

reinell30 said:

I thought I saw Flowers in for a couple of plays at wide out after Sammy went out. Keelan White a true freshman that the Griz coaches are really high on also had some reps along with Roberts.

84GRIZ said:
reinell30 said:

I thought I saw Flowers in for a couple of plays at wide out after Sammy went out. Keelan White a true freshman that the Griz coaches are really high on also had some reps along with Roberts.

I did see White in the game and wondered who he was...

reinell30 said:
84GRIZ said:
reinell30 said:

I did see White in the game and wondered who he was...

Same here. I had to look him up. This might be the deepest wide receiver corps I've ever seen at Montana.

84GRIZ said:
reinell30 said:

He was in late in the game when Cam was back in and we were only running the ball.

White is from Canada and has been turning heads since he arrived. Glad to see him come in and get a reception right away. He’s gonna be a good one too

Akem's size, speed and hands will be hard to replace. But I sure like the thought of getting playing time for Roberts, White and Flowers, all of whom figure prominently in the coaches' plans.

I've always wondered why they don't throw him in the backfield with Knight, with Toure, Akem and JLM split out. You could then motion one out or use a misdirection play action to one side and a screen back to Flowers. There are a lot of ways to get playmakers on the field and I don't think it happens enough. I don't think there is enough offensive imagination.

But we're also scoring 38 points per game, so what the hell do I know?

kyle_sample said:
I've always wondered why they don't throw him in the backfield with Knight, with Toure, Akem and JLM split out. You could then motion one out or use a misdirection play action to one side and a screen back to Flowers. There are a lot of ways to get playmakers on the field and I don't think it happens enough. I don't think there is enough offensive imagination.

But we're also scoring 38 points per game, so what the hell do I know?

Hauck and Co..saving the best for last..just believe! :clap:

Back