• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Akem

I don't know for sure, but in the PSU game Akem took a nasty helmet hit to his left thigh just above the knee. It appeared he aggrivated that after his touchdown celebration and then he was in and out of the game a bit. In the Idaho game he had to come back to catch the severely underthrown ball by Cam and I thought he once again took a hit to that left thigh or at least put awkward pressure on that injury. I'm hopeful that all that is going on is a deep thigh contusion and that he will recover quickly. That said, he did not return to the game and there were reports of Sammy being on crutches after the game. If it is a severe contusion then they need to watch out for compartment syndrome like Caleb Kidder had a few years ago where they had to surgically relieve the pressure on a similar injury to restore movement. Luckily, this is typically a quick and easy procedure as well with a fast recovery.

go96griz said:
I don't know for sure, but in the PSU game Akem took a nasty helmet hit to his left thigh just above the knee. It appeared he aggrivated that after his touchdown celebration and then he was in and out of the game a bit. In the Idaho game he had to come back to catch the severely underthrown ball by Cam and I thought he once again took a hit to that left thigh or at least put awkward pressure on that injury. I'm hopeful that all that is going on is a deep thigh contusion and that he will recover quickly. That said, he did not return to the game and there were reports of Sammy being on crutches after the game. If it is a severe contusion then they need to watch out for compartment syndrome like Caleb Kidder had a few years ago where they had to surgically relieve the pressure on a similar injury to restore movement. Luckily, this is typically a quick and easy procedure as well with a fast recovery.

If you watched MNF last night, Tyler Lockett for Seattle suffered a similar injury & ended up in the hospital for observation. We obviously wont learn as much about Akem's injury as you do for NFL injuries, but will be curious to find out the extend of Akem's injury as the days & weeks go on. Hopefully it is a fast recovery as speculated if the diagnosis is true.

my :twocents: , was at Portland game Akem's initial injury was first half catch in front of PSU bench and the second half long TD reception he came up gimpy almost like a calf cramping up or high ankle.
Appeared to aggravate it again vs Idaho. Like previously posted about being seen in boot...sounds logical, upper leg injury if true would be unfortunate.

Ursus1 said:
You don't wear a boot for a knee or thigh injury.

Bet me. Here is a pick of Akem.

Fashion-Red-High-Heeled-Stilettos-Thigh-High-Boots-Pointy-Toe-Side-Zipper-Over-The-Knee-Boots_1024x1024.jpg

All kidding aside--I hope he is better soon and that the injury was not severe.

...he collapse on the sideline ( right in front of us ) appeared to be grabbing at his angle..he
was in a lot of pain..I think hes done for the season..l hope I'm wrong!

grizpsych said:
Ursus1 said:
You don't wear a boot for a knee or thigh injury.

Bet me. Here is a pick of Akem.

Fashion-Red-High-Heeled-Stilettos-Thigh-High-Boots-Pointy-Toe-Side-Zipper-Over-The-Knee-Boots_1024x1024.jpg

All kidding aside--I hope he is better soon and that the injury was not severe.

If Sammy has legs like that I want a date....

So, i hate that this kid is hurt, but I know we have three pretty good receivers, that are healthy. Who do you think the coaches are really working with this week to Mitigate the loss??, and do we look more to our tight ends?.

George Ferguson said:
grizghost said:
...he collapse on the sideline ( right in front of us ) appeared to be grabbing at his angle..he

u are wrong

Thanks George. now lets just end this here. You all know how Huack feels about this kind of talk.

RayWill said:
George Ferguson said:
grizghost said:

u are wrong

Thanks George. now lets just end this here. You all know how Huack feels about this kind of talk.

Agreed. Mods, lets put this one down.

One of the problems i have with the (never let them see you sweat) position. IE: injury disclosure, is as a fan i get overly critical when a player doesn't appear to be really hustling, or they are making mistakes, dropping passes, or simply having a bad day. Maybe provide an injury report 2 minutes before kick-off. Kind of outside the box. Dumb HUH?? Go Griz, We really need this one..

I have not personally verified it, but the parent of a player told me today that Akem will be available this weekend, and that Sulzer is scheduled for surgery on Friday for his ACL. So he's done for the season.

fencer24 said:
I have not personally verified it, but the parent of a player told me today that Akem will be available this weekend, and that Sulzer is scheduled for surgery on Friday for his ACL. So he's done for the season.

Let’s hope that all goes well for both & that Gabe can successfully rehab the injury to be ready for next season.

Back