• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Coaches

wbtfg

Do you all think that come playoff time, Big Sky coaches will be willing to help each other out? For instance, Sac just lost to Austin Peay, would Troy Taylor be willing to provide insight to MSU on what he saw in his pregame scout and what he saw when watching the tape post game?

If UM or Weber would have lost the game last week, would the losing team helped their fellow big sky conference member in scouting game prep?

Is there an unwritten coaching rule one way or the other regarding this?

Obviously neither Hauck nor Choate would help the other out on this...hahaha.

I'm going to cross post this on BN and over here because I'm curious to see what people think.

bpcats said:
Choate talked about that, the Big Sky coaches help each other out quite a bit.

Interesting, I wasn't able to listen to the press conference today. I wonder how much, if at all, Choate helps Jay Hill for scouting/game prep.

wbtfg said:
bpcats said:

Interesting, I wasn't able to listen to the press conference today. I wonder how much, if at all, Choate helps Jay Hill for scouting/game prep.

He probably flew directly down to Utah to help with that one. Though he had to take a charter to carry all his papers, charts, and graphs since he spends ALL YEAR plotting how to beat Montana.

Though I'd guess personal relationships between coaches probably dictate how much help/sharing is offered. Some of these guys appear to like each other, some of them definitely don't.

wbtfg said:
bpcats said:

I think it was in the presser on the Monday after Cat/grizz
Question was about bye week strategy

Coaches who are good friends help each other during the season. They would surely help each other now.

I would suspect that without any prohibition on assistance the practice is to the individual coach. I would think that most coaches would be agreeable to provide insights and film whenever they can, particularly if they can see some ultimate benefit to their own team.

Gaeilge1 said:
I would suspect that without any prohibition on assistance the practice is to the individual coach. I would think that most coaches would be agreeable to provide insights and film whenever they can, particularly if they can see some ultimate benefit to their own team.
:thumb:

MikeyGriz said:
They should be willing to furnish film for review.

They are required to make film available. Almost all the teams now use HUDL or something similar, so it is simply a matter of logging on to get their film for each game.

Who was the team a few years ago that wouldn't exchange film with the Griz? I can't remember. Seems like it was in the playoffs too. Northern Iowa? That was back when the film literally had to be overnighted to the other team.

grizpack said:
MikeyGriz said:
They should be willing to furnish film for review.

They are required to make film available. Almost all the teams now use HUDL or something similar, so it is simply a matter of logging on to get their film for each game.

Who was the team a few years ago that wouldn't exchange film with the Griz? I can't remember. Seems like it was in the playoffs too. Northern Iowa? That was back when the film literally had to be overnighted to the other team.
It was Farley and UNI. To be expected.

Just depends on the coaching relationship at the end of the day, Hauck sharing anything with Ewuu, the Pussycats, or Bizon never, but the spuds, PSU, and almost anybody else forsure.

They absolutely do. Although given two bsc teams playing in Ogden this week, I doubt many are playing favorites and helping only one coach.

Back