• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GFP: SLU/SELA recap, Weber 2.0, questions, stuffing

BWahlberg

DONOR
Alright Griz nation. Our latest episode is up. You can find it at the link here or as always download it in most podcast apps.

We have our final say about the SLU beat down, we talk about the other playoff games plus news around the conference. We spend time on the Weber rematch, and share some info and insight on playing a team a second time around. And we close covering just about every fan question asked.

Additionally, these monsters had stuffing for me to try at the start of the show.

http://www.montana-mint.com/2019/12/10/griz-fan-podcast-playoff-quarterfinals-the-griz-head-to-weber/

Just for clarification, all three of you are taking the NC and rocking the blades for a year, right?

I look forward to getting through the football part at a minimum while I hike the entire Continental Divide Trail.

EverettGriz said:
I look forward to getting through the football part at a minimum while I hike the entire Continental Divide Trail.

We're just focusing on your health bud. It's all for you.

A heavily earmuffed James and Andrew Schmidt would crush you three in ratings but I would still listen to both.

Ursa Major said:
A heavily earmuffed James and Andrew Schmidt would crush you three in ratings but I would still listen to both.

While bladin? Checks notes, asking for a friend.

giphy.gif

Which Griz team will we get? The monsters that played at Davis, Portland, home vs. IdaHO
or the team that played timidly at Gallatin county ?

I like your podcast but have to ask - How can the GFP authors say "we took Weber State's best shot" and the "pressure is all on them". Just a few weeks ago there were some participants in the "Brawl" that looked like they weren't ready for a big game. Weber's long-snapper won't make as many mistakes either. Just sayin'.

Proud Griz Man said:
Which Griz team will we get? The monsters that played at Davis, Portland, home vs. IdaHO

I like your podcast but have to ask - How can the GFP authors say "we took Weber State's best shot" and the "pressure is all on them". Just a few weeks ago there were some participants in the "Brawl" that looked like they weren't ready for a big game. Weber's long-snapper won't make as many mistakes either. Just sayin'.

My opinion that the pressure is all on Weber is more based on what the perception of each team would be if they lost this week.

Weber has been building to this moment for a few years. They haven't taken this next step past the quarterfinals with Jay Hill yet. They lost at home to Maine last year in this round. They lost in the quarterfinals the year prior. They got handled by the Griz earlier this season. They want the rematch badly to prove that they are legit, that they can make that leap to the semifinals. If they lose at home in the Quarterfinals this season doesn't meet the expectations for it when it started. That performance will follow them into next year.

The Griz, again in my opinion, are playing with house money at this point. Even if they lose Friday the momentum going into next season will be positive. Fans are going to be excited for next year regardless. The expectation will be that they will take another step forward. They won't be questioned based on losing on the road to a higher seed in the quarterfinals. The cat game sucked, absolutely. But that is a different pressure than this. Whether the Griz win or lose, this season is a positive step in the right direction.

How that translates to the performance of both teams Friday is anyone's guess. But yes, in my opinion, the pressure is on Weber.

grzz said:
Proud Griz Man said:

My opinion that the pressure is all on Weber is more based on what the perception of each team would be if they lost this week.

Weber has been building to this moment for a few years. They haven't taken this next step past the quarterfinals with Jay Hill yet. They lost at home to Maine last year in this round. They lost in the quarterfinals the year prior. They got handled by the Griz earlier this season. They want the rematch badly to prove that they are legit, that they can make that leap to the semifinals. If they lose at home in the Quarterfinals this season doesn't meet the expectations for it when it started. That performance will follow them into next year.

The Griz, again in my opinion, are playing with house money at this point. Even if they lose Friday the momentum going into next season will be positive. Fans are going to be excited for next year regardless. The expectation will be that they will take another step forward. They won't be questioned based on losing on the road to a higher seed in the quarterfinals. The cat game sucked, absolutely. But that is a different pressure than this. Whether the Griz win or lose, this season is a positive step in the right direction.

How that translates to the performance of both teams Friday is anyone's guess. But yes, in my opinion, the pressure is on Weber.
Agreed with this 100%.

I want/expect us to win, but before this season, any one of us would've taken 9-3 against that schedule and a loss on the road in the quarters.

It would be three quarterfinal losses in a row for "the best coach in the Big Sky's" team, though.

uofmman1122 said:
grzz said:
Proud Griz Man said:

Agreed with this 100%.

I want/expect us to win, but before this season, any one of us would've taken 9-3 against that schedule and a loss on the road in the quarters.

It would be three quarterfinal losses in a row for "the best coach in the Big Sky's" team, though.

I like Mike's take on this and also agree.

Back