• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UW RS Junior LB Enters the Portal

According to the transfer portal tracker, this kids a 4 star recruit which means he’s gonna have some big offers thrown his way. Therefore he’s most likely not coming to the cats or Griz. Plus I don’t think the cats want him any way. They still have TA and Amandre Williams, so they’re pretty good at LB.

Griz til I die said:
According to the transfer portal tracker, this kids a 4 star recruit which means he’s gonna have some big offers thrown his way. Therefore he’s most likely not coming to the cats or Griz. Plus I don’t think the cats want him any way. They still have TA and Amandre Williams, so they’re pretty good at LB.
He has to go FCS if he doesn't want to lose a year of eligibility. He's from Reno; SacSt or Davis possibilities.

Griz til I die said:
What Kem said, and also if the alternative is that we get him, they absolutely want him.

I still think we're a bit of a long shot, but playing in our defense that will let him absolutely shine has to a be a bit of a plus, though.

AZGrizFan said:
Just curious.....why do we care about an individual UW player who entered the portal?
If he wasn't an individual player, if he was a group of players would we care more?

AZGrizFan said:
Just curious.....why do we care about an individual UW player who entered the portal?

Because he obviously wants to become a Grizzly. It’s every player’s dream until it gets snatched away by the glitzy FBS. The drop downs have the opportunity to become Grizzlies like they’ve always wanted. Think of it like a huge rockstar splitting from his band because he wants to cut an album that’s “about the music”. UM is the studio.

AZGrizFan said:
I've followed this page for about 10 years and this is the dumbest post I've even imagined.

PlayerRep said:
SaskGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
I've followed this page for about 10 years and this is the dumbest post I've even imagined.

What's dumb about the post?

Nothing. It is a logical post and it could be possible. A bit speculative but that typically what transfer posts are. It’s worth following but no one should be getting their hopes up on this one.

PlayerRep said:
SaskGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

It appears to be asking why a football internet board would be interested in the possible movement of a LB from a school where we have in the past gotten some great players. Jamaal Jones for example. If this transfer information is not of interest to this board, I'd be hard pressed to think of anything that would be of interest to this board. Just my opinion.

SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SaskGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

It appears to be asking why a football internet board would be interested in the possible movement of a LB from a school where we have in the past gotten some great players. Jamaal Jones for example. If this transfer information is not of interest to this board, I'd be hard pressed to think of anything that would be of interest to this board. Just my opinion.

+1

"The 5-foot-10, 190-pound Guerriero won the 100- and 200-meter dashes at the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference track championships as a true freshman.

This is an interesting decision, but he had the best year of his career. I cannot knock him for this decision, but scouts will be scrambling to get all his information and watch film."

jcu27 said:
SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SaskGriz said:

+1

Just curious why this one individual player was singled out when there’s literally hundreds of players in the portal. That’s all.

AZGrizFan said:
jcu27 said:
SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

+1

Just curious why this one individual player was singled out when there’s literally hundreds of players in the portal. That’s all.

Perhaps because UM has gotten a large number of transfers from PAC-12 schools in the northwest over the years? And Hauck used to coach at UW. Perhaps others on the staff too.

Back