• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who Knows People With CV19...Montana Or Else where?

Fascinating article about all the contradictions we are contending with today.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/us/coronavirus-data-privacy.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Extended family members in Northern Italy , yes multiple - one is close to the end of his journey, the other is still fighting at a young 75 years young...quarantined wife's family in France who's also an upper executive n the company bio.....Marieux...I cant spell it....who developed the 45 min test now being shipped to the states.... I wish them the best... Strength and honor!

Clay Christianson, whom I believe has recovered. The wife of a good friend in SF. She's an infectious disease doctor and got it working out of the US, on malaria things. Has recovered, and said it was like a bad flu. My daughter, who works as a lawyer in NYC, knows a number of people. Most are younger and not very sick or not sick at all.

My niece in Bozeman is a young nurse and on the front line. Has dealt with multiple cases. Her group/facility has been designated as a virus center. She oversees testing, among other things. A former Hawk basketball player. My brother said the first 11 cases in Bozeman/Gallatin were all from travel.10 out of country, mainly Europe; 1 from CA.

My wife just told me a 2d person has died. Madison county. Bummer.

161 cases in MT now. 8 hospitalized.

I do know the man who is the first case in our town real asshat. He thought it was ok to go around town after testing positive! Heard he was arrested (waiting confirmation) real peach he is!

Two in-laws, a couple in their mid-forties, and both very fit, are recovering. The husband was very, very ill and was nearly put on a respirator. You do NOT want to be infected with this nasty virus!

AllWeatherFan said:
Two in-laws, a couple in their mid-forties, and both very fit, are recovering. The husband was very, very ill and was nearly put on a respirator. You do NOT want to be infected with this nasty virus!

*ventilator, not respirator. Very different. Glad they recovered and hope it doesn’t affect you further.

PlayerRep said:
Clay Christianson, whom I believe has recovered. The wife of a good friend in SF. She's an infectious disease doctor and got it working out of the US, on malaria things. Has recovered, and said it was like a bad flu. My daughter, who works as a lawyer in NYC, knows a number of people. Most are younger and not very sick or not sick at all.

My niece in Bozeman is a young nurse and on the front line. Has dealt with multiple cases. Her group/facility has been designated as a virus center. She oversees testing, among other things. A former Hawk basketball player. My brother said the first 11 cases in Bozeman/Gallatin were all from travel.10 out of country, mainly Europe; 1 from CA.

Isn't it Clay Christian....

not aware of anyone (yet), but have friends both here and in china who are in deep shit financially because of having to close businesses.

Try this again... have known this guy for over 20 years....

https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/florida-coronavirus-patient-has-warning-about-anti-malaria-drug-touted-by-trump/

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Isn't it Clay Christian....

Correct.

My daughter who works at St. Lukes in Boise is quarantined(showing no signs but was within 6' of her co-worker and is waiting for her results to come back 4-9 days from friday) because her co-worker's boyfriend was positive and passed it on to her co-worker who came to work exposing other therapists.. Apparently there are no masks available as other employees have stolen them all. there are 7 protective hoods in the entire hospital and none in rehab. STUPID and seems criminal. My Sister in-law who does fighter jet training in Texas is quarantined and showing symptoms because an Italian fighter pilot showed up at training and is positive because he could not wait to see his girlfriend who was positive. Apparently her test went to a lab that was not doing Covid19 testing so she does not know when to expect results.

retiredpopo said:
My daughter who works at St. Lukes in Boise is quarantined(showing no signs but was within 6' of her co-worker and is waiting for her results to come back 4-9 days from friday) because her co-worker's boyfriend was positive and passed it on to her co-worker who came to work exposing other therapists.. Apparently there are no masks available as other employees have stolen them all. there are 7 protective hoods in the entire hospital and none in rehab. STUPID and seems criminal. My Sister in-law who does fighter jet training in Texas is quarantined and showing symptoms because an Italian fighter pilot showed up at training and is positive because he could not wait to see his girlfriend who was positive. Apparently her test went to a lab that was not doing Covid19 testing so she does not know when to expect results.

Fortunately my daughter's test came back negative.

retiredpopo said:
retiredpopo said:

Fortunately my daughter's test came back negative.

Great news!

The gentleman from living in Troy, who recently passed away, was a former high school teacher here in Walla Walla. I'm new to the area, but many Facebook posts espouse how formative he was to numerous people in the area as a former high school teacher.

grizband said:
The gentleman from living in Troy, who recently passed away, was a former high school teacher here in Walla Walla. I'm new to the area, but many Facebook posts espouse how formative he was to numerous people in the area as a former high school teacher.

On what Facebook areas are these posts. My sister and brother in law knew him. They, like him, live at Bull Lake, south of Troy. My in-laws are recently retired teachers and administrators. I'm sure they'd love to look at the Facebook posts. My brother in law was pretty good friends with him. The guy, and his wife, had acquired various properties on Angel Island, which is at the north end of Bull Lake, and accessible by road.

Bull Lake is a wonderful place. On road from Libby/Troy to Noxon. The lake is nice, especially for recreation. The area is beautiful. The Half Way House, a bar and restaurant, is fun. The guy spent his share of time there. Ross Creek Cedars, behind the lake, is a magical and great place, with nice easy hiking and lots of cedars. A gem.

Back