• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Fan Podcast Happy Hour - new show 4/1

BWahlberg

DONOR
We know most of you are under stay at home orders just like us and we thought it would be fun to drop some regular / shorter content with us and some guests.

In the near future we’ll be looking to record regular Happy Hour Zoom recordings that we’ll drop on the Montana Mint Pod under the GFP. As always we’re planning to talk all things Grizzly sports, current events, and whatnot.

Tomorrow we’ll be recording our first GFP happy hour. As always, any questions, ideas, comments, or suggestions are welcome. We’re aiming to have an employee within the athletic department on our first show.

From there we’re planning some shows with guests, be it Griz players (former or current), connected people within the program, or maybe a big meetup of pod listeners too. Hoping to have some fun with it.

To save everyone from continual new posts I’ll just update this thread when we’re planning a new show and putting a call out for new questions.

I’ll take CDA’s role for the night. Pick one, the Griz miss the playoffs four years straight starting this year, or the Griz win the national championship one of the next 3 years, but for those 3 years, you can only eat mayonnaise. You’re not allowed to put it on a sandwich or use it as any sort of condiment, you’re only allowed to eat it from the jar, with a spoon. This is all you can eat fro breakfast, lunch, dinner, or anytime you’re hungry for the next 3 years.

Griz til I die said:
I’ll take CDA’s role for the night. Pick one, the Griz miss the playoffs four years straight starting this year, or the Griz win the national championship one of the next 3 years, but for those 3 years, you can only eat mayonnaise. You’re not allowed to put it on a sandwich or use it as any sort of condiment, you’re only allowed to eat it from the jar, with a spoon. This is all you can eat fro breakfast, lunch, dinner, or anytime you’re hungry for the next 3 years.

I already know your choice; the Username checks out!

CDAGRIZ said:
Griz til I die said:

Username checks out!

:lol: Sorry. I didn’t think you were gonna get a question in in time.

Griz til I die said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Griz til I die said:

Username checks out!

:lol: Sorry. I didn’t think you were gonna get a question in in time.

Haha! No, I was referring to the mayo for three (3) years!
You can post questions in my place any time, brother. Idk if I’ll get one in under the line tonight, so I appreciate it!

We spent a little over an hour and half with Brynn Molloy, associate AD with Montana to discuss all things social media, game day, and fan experience. It's a great interview with a lot of behind the scenes insight.

We missed some of your questions you guys posted last night, but we're planning more GFP Happy Hours so we'll get to them really soon!

http://www.montana-mint.com/2020/04/01/griz-fan-podcast-happy-hour-with-guest-associate-ad-brynn-molloy/

https://twitter.com/GrizFanPod/status/1245424456043868165

As always - you can find the GFP in most all podcast apps and providers. Just look for Montana Mint Sports, and you'll see our latest episode right on top.

Listened to the first ten minutes of the pod & wow, Brynn is amazing. So... since they’re both university employees, could Brynn replace Luke on the podcast? You could bring him in as annual guest, way down the list of guests of course, behind Alpha & growler.

Asking for everyone.

Hey just saying Ive been listening to you hounds for a while and I appreciate the chuckles and laughs you guys are bringing to the whole situation right now. Im a new poster on this beast but have seen some of you on other boards over the years and have been lurking here forever anyhow. Just saying I appreciate for now and will come up with a good question for ya all soon(I'm MT and not southern and don't say y'all). appreciate the podcast fellas!

bgbigdog said:
Listened to the first ten minutes of the pod & wow, Brynn is amazing. So... since they’re both university employees, could Brynn replace Luke on the podcast? You could bring him in as annual guest, way down the list of guests of course, behind Alpha & growler.

Asking for everyone.

Cmon, BG. Luke is the high-tech engineer who makes everything on the GFP hum. Without him, who'd know how to do things like run the googalator machine, tap the microphones and say "one, two, one two", and plug the electrical equipment into an outlet. You know, like, the techie shit.

But yeah, I guess you're right; maybe he should be more of a "behind the scenes" guy.

EverettGriz said:
bgbigdog said:

Asking for everyone.

Cmon, BG. Luke is the high-tech engineer who makes everything on the GFP hum. Without him, who'd know how to do things like run the googalator machine, tap the microphones and say "one, two, one two", and plug the electrical equipment into an outlet. You know, like, the techie shit.

But yeah, I guess you're right; maybe he should be more of a "behind the scenes" guy.

Luke’s been dead to me since he trashed Jazz as a musical form. :lol:

Roamingriz said:
Hey just saying Ive been listening to you hounds for a while and I appreciate the chuckles and laughs you guys are bringing to the whole situation right now. Im a new poster on this beast but have seen some of you on other boards over the years and have been lurking here forever anyhow. Just saying I appreciate for now and will come up with a good question for ya all soon(I'm MT and not southern and don't say y'all). appreciate the podcast fellas!

This is great to hear, thanks! We’re getting some good feedback on GFP happy hour talks as well. Looking forward to doing a bunch more.

bgbigdog said:

Asking for everyone.

I wish I stopped after 10 or 15 minutes. It gets off-track and rambling about non Griz-related stuff after a while. Just because you have time to go on for hours doesn't mean you should. I rather hear quality over quantity. Keep these around 45 minutes with a focus and purpose and they will be more enjoyable, IMO.

Zirg said:
bgbigdog said:

Asking for everyone.

I wish I stopped after 10 or 15 minutes. It gets off-track and rambling about non Griz-related stuff after a while. Just because you have time to go on for hours doesn't mean you should. I rather hear quality over quantity. Keep these around 45 minutes with a focus and purpose and they will be more enjoyable, IMO.

Totally. I wish they would have talked more about all the Griz games in all sports in the last week/month. Maybe something about spring football practice? Haven’t heard many updates. Stay on point. Something like:

I want the Griz to be good. Do you want the Griz to be good? I hope they are good.
I think they will be good. Do you?
Yes, if they can stay healthy.
Yes, you never know what will happen. We will not know for sure if they are good until we can see if the Griz are good or not. Do you agree?
Yes, I agree. We shall see. Time will tell.

Now, that’s a pod I’d listen to from my front door to my driveway. Start to finish!

CDAGRIZ said:
Zirg said:

Totally. I wish they would have talked more about all the Griz games in all sports in the last week/month. Maybe something about spring football practice? Haven’t heard many updates. Stay on point. Something like:

I want the Griz to be good. Do you want the Griz to be good? I hope they are good.
Yes, you never know what will happen. We will not know for sure if they are good until we can see if the Griz are good or not. Do you agree?

Now, that’s a pod I’d listen to from my front door to my driveway. Start to finish!
Also a segment on "Will the Griz be better than last year?" followed by "I've talked to some parents and coaches and they say they WILL be better."

SaskGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Also a segment on "Will the Griz be better than last year?" followed by "I've talked to some parents and coaches and they say they WILL be better."

My dream is for all three GFP hosts to be like Perd Hapley.

“Welcome, listeners. You are listening because you can hear the sounds of our voices. The name of this podcast is the Griz Fan Podcast. It’s named that because we are Griz fans and this is a podcast. Tonight, we will discuss whether the Griz will be good. We want them to be good because it would be better than if they end up being bad. Tune in next week. Thanks for listening to us, using your ears.”

CDAGRIZ said:
SaskGriz said:

“Welcome, listeners. You are listening because you can hear the sounds of our voices. The name of this podcast is the Griz Fan Podcast. It’s named that because we are Griz fans and this is a podcast. Tonight, we will discuss whether the Griz will be good. We want them to be good because it would be better than if they end up being bad. Tune in next week. Thanks for listening to us, using your ears.”
Ya heard! With Perd.

SaskGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Ya heard! With Perd.

The story of your post is that...it’s a post. And you...posted the post.

4jwekek8has01.jpg

Back