• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dylan Rollins will commit...

IntuitiveGriz

DONOR
Dylan Rollins will commit after sending out 6 new game highlights, at his new heavier weight, this coming fall.

https://406mtsports.com/high-school/football/how-missoula-sentinel-ol-dylan-rollins-became-the-highest-rated-football-prospect-from-montana-in/article_1459c988-0d75-5eb0-bc7b-e16fb5d6a73d.html

It’s a damned shame he never got to meet Roy Bray.

That was a man. Plain and simple. coached my brother’s Little Grizzly team for a couple years.

But, with him having lineage to both the Scats and the Griz, and with his head HS coach being a Griz, I’d say we at least have an outside shot of landing him. :thumb: :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
It’s a damned shame he never got to meet Roy Bray.

That was a man. Plain and simple. coached my brother’s Little Grizzly team for a couple years.

But, with him having lineage to both the Scats and the Griz, and with his head HS coach being a Griz, I’d say we at least have an outside shot of landing him. :thumb: :thumb:

If he stays fcs, I’d hope we’d be the favorites.

Our chance at him is 5%. Cats are much higher. His dad and brother both played for Cats. His great grandpa who he didn’t know played for Griz. There are some teammates who are Griz though. So that may help. But he’ll be a Cat or will go FBS.

HookedonGriz said:
Our chance at him is 5%. Cats are much higher. His dad and brother both played for Cats. His great grandpa who he didn’t know played for Griz. There are some teammates who are Griz though. So that may help. But he’ll be a Cat or will go FBS.

Agreed. Would love to have him. Just seems like a kid who should try the next level. Great talent though.

PeauxRouge said:
With the interest he is getting, I don't see why he would go FCS.

I THINK the only way I see him staying FCS is if he wants to play right away. As good as he is, he will redshirt at most FBS schools and then maybe play as a Sophomore. That is just my opinion. He is a stud for sure, and could play as a true freshman. He also said that Academics, and what he wants his major to be (Civil Engineering for now) are a big factor.

He sounds like a fantastic young man. I’d certainly love to see another Rollins in the blue and gold

..to a different school than Montana. No chance he becomes a griz, If not FBS, he will be a Scat

He won’t get any FBS offers if he can’t go to camps and workout in front of coaches. Good news for the Cats for him and Eiden

WaGriz4life said:
He won’t get any FBS offers if he can’t go to camps and workout in front of coaches. Good news for the Cats for him and Eiden

https://406mtsports.com/high-school/football/how-missoula-sentinel-ol-dylan-rollins-became-the-highest-rated-football-prospect-from-montana-in/article_1459c988-0d75-5eb0-bc7b-e16fb5d6a73d.html

"Rollins already has 10 Division I offers, most recently from Nebraska, and many other schools have expressed interest in him. "

grizindabox said:
WaGriz4life said:

"Rollins already has 10 Division I offers, most recently from Nebraska, and many other schools have expressed interest in him. "

“Yet, he does have 10 offers so far. Montana State, Montana, Northern Arizona, Bucknell and FBS Air Force have all offered him full-ride scholarships. Ivy League schools Yale, Harvard, Dartmouth and Cornell have extended offers, although they can’t give athletic scholarships. And Nebraska gave him a preferred walk-on spot last week.“

wbtfg said:
grizindabox said:

“Yet, he does have 10 offers so far. Montana State, Montana, Northern Arizona, Bucknell and FBS Air Force have all offered him full-ride scholarships. Ivy League schools Yale, Harvard, Dartmouth and Cornell have extended offers, although they can’t give athletic scholarships. And Nebraska gave him a preferred walk-on spot last week.“

Was this supposed to prove me wrong? Do you think getting recruited by a military academy is the same thing as getting offered by a school like Colorado State or Boise State?

WaGriz4life said:
wbtfg said:

Was this supposed to prove me wrong? Do you think getting recruited by a military academy is the same thing as getting offered by a school like Colorado State or Boise State?

Being offered by Air Force is weak when it comes to an FBS offer, it's as common as being asked if you want fries with that at a McDonalds. In other words, it's automatic.

It feels like Airforce has a thousand offers out there right now. They have to offer everybody and their mother because they get turned down as often as the president of the chess club gets turned down at prom. Military academy life, from sunup to sundown, is no joke. Not what almost anybody wants.

WaGriz4life said:
wbtfg said:

Nope. Just adding context and pointing out that Nebraska offer is as a walk on. He’s still very much a strong possibility for both um and MSU.

IntuitiveGriz said:
WaGriz4life said:

Being offered by Air Force is weak when it comes to an FBS offer, it's as common as being asked if you want fries with that at a McDonalds. In other words, it's automatic.

It feels like Airforce has a thousand offers out there right now. They have to offer everybody and their mother because they get turned down as often as the president of the chess club gets turned down at prom. Military academy life, from sunup to sundown, is no joke. Not what almost anybody wants.

What if he got a full offer from someone like BYU, would that be considered a decent FBS offer in your mind?

wbtfg said:
WaGriz4life said:

Nope. Just adding context and pointing out that Nebraska offer is as a walk on. He’s still very much a strong possibility for both um and MSU.

I agree, wbtfg. There’s not a “sexy” offer out there yet for him....I think ‘scats and Griz are both very much in play at this point. That could change, but that’s how I see it right now.

SACCAT66 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

What if he got a full offer from someone like BYU, would that be considered a decent FBS offer in your mind?
For sure, BYU doesn't offer nearly as many kids as military schools.

Back