• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Washington Redskins are reviewing name of team.

Dutch Lane

DONOR
The Washington Redskins are seriously thinking about a name change after the CEO of Fedex and few others have quietly taken an interest in the matter. The list of some of names under considerations are

The red tails
The red clouds
The Braves
The warriors
The federals
and this one, no name just the “Washington football club”

I like the red tails, name used by the WW II Tuskegee airmen. Honors some African American war heros. Right on :thumb:

Wow. Figured it would happen sometime, yet I'm still surprised they're actually doing so. Last time this was brought up Snyder said "We will never change the name. NEVER - you can write that in caps."

https://sports.yahoo.com/washington-owner-dan-snyder-says-team-will-review-nickname-151144104.html

Dutch Lane said:
The Washington Redskins are seriously thinking about a name change after the CEO of Fedex and few others have quietly taken an interest in the matter. The list of some of names under considerations are

The red tails
The red clouds
The Braves
The warriors
The federals
and this one, no name just the “Washington football club”

I like the red tails, name used by the WW II Tuskegee airmen. Honors some African American war heros. Right on :thumb:

Red Tails would be awesome!

If they want to have a name that best describes the area they reside in, then they should change it to The Lying Bastards and the logo should be dollar signs on the helmets.

cclarkblues said:
If they want to have a name that best describes the area they reside in, then they should change it to The Lying Bastards and the logo should be dollar signs on the helmets.

:lol:

I don't hate the move at all. I just wish they would be the Washington Human Beings. E. Pluribus Anus.

I gave up on the NFL when they didn't crush Kapernick. They want to cave into whatever the mob wants, let'em. Snyder need to get a set of balls. What is going on today happened to China in 1966. Any one remember/heard of the Red Guards?

tourist said:
I gave up on the NFL when they didn't crush Kapernick. They want to cave into whatever the mob wants, let'em. Snyder need to get a set of balls. What is going on today happened to China in 1966. Any one remember/heard of the Red Guards?

Yeah weren’t they the young cultural thought police that turned on madam mao during the purge of “intellectuals”. Tourist, it’s all driven by the market and the market is saying its more cost effective to change and well that’s why these pricks are billionaire because they know how to read the markets. Snyder’s not dumb it’s time and he’s thinking how he will come out and be feted for this gesture in these times.Lol. Hes thinking more about new branding and sales.

But fuck politics which name did you think was fitting? I like the red tails but the red clouds is cool too. Kinda like “Washington Football Club” it sounds best if you say it in a Howard Cossell like voice lol

...been a redskin all my life..change it...
...change the name to the "dickheads...
...pull a condom on the owners head...
...make him the mascot..win..win..win...

... :shock: ...

tourist said:

Are you going to give up on college football when they kneel?

zengriz said:
...been a redskin all my life..change it...
...change the name to the "dickheads...
...pull a condom on the owners head...
...make him the mascot..win..win..win...

... :shock: ...
Yeah he’s a easy to dislike. :thumb:

grizindabox said:
tourist said:

Are you going to give up on college football when they kneel?
I may choose to not spend $800/game to attend that.

I think all of the names mentioned with the exception of the WFC's will be found to have a hint of racism or be offensive to someone or group....wait i just realized WFC won't work either because of the word "club" somebody will find that offensive too. may just call them the Washington WTF's

cclarkblues said:
Just out of deviltry, I suggest a sanitized paraphrase: the "Primrose Pelts."
:lol:

Myself, I kinda agree that “Redskins” should be gone ... since the term long ago drifted into the insulting category (although it started out as simply a handy descriptor).

On the other hand, I never understood dumping "Fighting Sioux" as a moniker. After all, back in the day, that's what they did ... and did it damned well. Ask Custer (well, his ghost if you can call him up).

Better yet, ask the Cheyenne, the Arikara, the Kiowa, and so on. Thinking along those lines, it amuses me (somewhat) when Sioux "claim" the Black Hills (for example) as their "ancestral homeland." In reality, the Sioux didn't arrive in the region until something like 1700-1725, and perhaps even later. (Keeping mind that dates are somewhat elastic in Native American history.) Until then, they were scattered over Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa. Then various Chippawa tribes (aided by arms supplied by the French) kicked most of them out of that area. But the Sioux adapted amazingly well to a horse-based culture, and thrived. But, even with almost-constant warfare, it took decades to impose their occupation. In fact, some of them like to mark 1776 as the year they cemented their hold on the Black Hills. And make no mistake about it: Their primary claim to the land was “by right of conquest.”

The Patriots should change their name also. It celebrates white supremacy and founding fathers owned slaves and stuff. Anyone who disagrees is a racist.

Unless you posted a black square on social media, then you are not a racist. Unless, you vote for Trump or Steve Daines or any republican, then you are once again a racist.

Back