• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Best Griz To Wear The Number 21-30

SaskGriz

DONOR
21 Yohance Humphrey: Along with Chase Reynolds and Lex Hilliard, Yo is on the Mt. Rushmore of modern U of M running backs.

Honorable Mention: The field here is full including super talented DB Jimmy Wilson and hard hitting fan favourite Keith Thompson. Two more quality running backs in Josh Brannon and record setting Marcus Knight and star receiver turned broadcaster Scott Gurnsey.

22 Terry Dillon : “And now you will not swell the route
Of lads who wore their honours out.
Runners whom renown outran,
And the name died before the man.”

23 Joe Douglas: If the numbers he put up in two years had been gained over four years, he’d still be on this list.

Honorable Mention: Kevin Edwards was a gifted CB and Second Team All-Big Sky.

24 Thomas Brooks Fletcher: This was a number where it was difficult to find a consistent starter let alone a “star”. Brooks Fletcher was a very good running back who had the poor timing of playing at the same time as Chase Reynolds.

Honorable Mention: Stacey Edwards started one season at CB in 1992 and that gets him a mention. The “24” does not have an illustrious history on this list. Here’s hoping Elias Dewaters changes that.

25 Brandon Fisher: A very good hybrid safety/linebacker, played in National Title games before embarking on a successful coaching career.

Honorable Mention: Kyle Scholle was a talented safety who was hampered by injuries.

26 Jordan Canada: If Mt.Rushmore needs four faces this running back joins Reynolds, Humphrey, and Hilliard. Fourth All-time in both yards and touchdowns.

Honorable Mention: All American punter Tyson Johnson

27 Michael McGowan: An athletic All-Big Sky linebacker in the late ‘80’s. Could get after the QB but also drop into coverage.

Honorable Mention: Damon Parker, the cornerback is most famous for a single fumble return against Sac State but he was a quality player overall.

28 Peter Nguyen: A do everything back and returner. The lightning, to Dan Moore’s thunder, on some very talented Griz teams.

Honorable Mention: Justin Olsen, a very good receiver, best known for catching a 46 yard pass from Brian Ah-Yat to set up the winning field goal in the ’97 Cat/Griz game.

29 Dan Carpenter: The best Griz kicker of all time.

Honorable Mention: Chris Snyder an All American who would be in the conversation for second best Griz kicker of all time.

30 Jody Farmer: A superb athlete who was the Grizzilies leading rusher while also being an All-American punter.

Honorable Mention: Bo Tully, a quality safety who suffered only from comparison to a long line of NFL calibre safeties who proceeded him at Montana.

Damn, these are so fun to read, Sask. thanks for doing this. Honestly. I know you’ll do the right thing when it comes to the 90-92 range.

CDAGRIZ said:
Damn, these are so fun to read, Sask. thanks for doing this. Honestly. I know you’ll do the right thing when it comes to the 90-92 range.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Another top notch list. Can’t argue with any of those. I might slightly disagree with your analysis of Bo Tully but everything else is spot on😊.

for #27, i'm going to have to go for damon parker. he was way more than that one fumble return. that guy was a great cornerback.

argh! said:
for #27, i'm going to have to go for damon parker. he was way more than that one fumble return. that guy was a great cornerback.

He played like he was 6’2. So it impressed the hell outta people to see a little guy doing those things. He was our KO returner as well.

He was 5’6.

Back