• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate to Interview for BSU

hm.grwn.grizfan

DONOR
Hope he doesn’t get it. Griz need to get that monkey off our back and if he leaves he will have left undefeated against us.

I assume he has little chance, but he was an assistant there for quite awhile. Great for him to be considered.

zero chance....barely a .500 head coach at a FCS school. The only job guys like that could get in the FBS are schools that have never been and never will be a factor in FBS top 25.

Ursus1 said:
zero chance....barely a .500 head coach at a FCS school. The only job guys like that could get in the FBS are schools that have never been and never will be a factor in FBS top 25.

But he has been Preseason National Champion every year!

Ursus1 said:

You can’t just look at wins and losses. You have to look at other stuff, like ties, or ham sandwiches, or close losses. Unless those things don’t look good, then, don’t look at them.

I’m starting to wonder if Ron Ash might throw his name in the mix for Boise. If Choach is an actual candidate, Ron can point to his much better record at the same program to beat Choach out.

All joking aside though, I think Choate is a very good coach (as much as it pains me to say that) and I do think he is firmly in the mix. His record is a little misleading and indicative in the way he wanted to build the program which was to gut it and start from scratch. Granted, Boise State is not gonna let him do that, nor does he really have to there. The conference championships deal may hurt him, but anybody who's ever heard Choate speaks knows that the minute he steps into that interview room with the pres (cause they like don't even have an AD right now :lol: ) I think cat fans can start getting very worried, because that's most certainly where he will impress.

Choate is the 2 or 3 depending on who you ask.

1. Andy Avalos - DC Oregon (BSU Alum)
2. Kellen Moore - OC Dallas Cowboy ( BSU Alum)
3. Jeff Choate
4. Dirk Koetter
5. Dan Hawkins- HC UC Davis (Former HC)
6. Jim Mora ( Lives in Ketchum , ID Right Now)

Consider me boots on the ground in Boise. for my Bronco hates sake. I hope they hire Moore, Koetter or Mora.

Griz til I die said:
All joking aside though, I think Choate is a very good coach (as much as it pains me to say that) and I do think he is firmly in the mix. His record is a little misleading and indicative in the way he wanted to build the program which was to gut it and start from scratch. Granted, Boise State is not gonna let him do that, nor does he really have to there. The conference championships deal may hurt him, but anybody who's ever heard Choate speaks knows that the minute he steps into that interview room with the pres (cause they like don't even have an AD right now :lol: ) I think cat fans can start getting very worried, because that's most certainly where he will impress.

You just made every bobcat fans butthole clench up 3 sizes tighter this Christmas Eve.

ChrisBSPN said:
Choate is the 2 or 3 depending on who you ask.

1. Andy Avalos - DC Oregon (BSU Alum)
2. Kellen Moore - OC Dallas Cowboy ( BSU Alum)
3. Jeff Choate
4. Dirk Koetter
5. Dan Hawkins- HC UC Davis (Former HC)
6. Jim Mora ( Lives in Ketchum , ID Right Now)

Consider me boots on the ground in Boise. for my Bronco hates sake. I hope they hire Moore, Koetter or Mora.

If those were sandwiches at a local mom and pop, I’d say it goes:

1. Turkey and Provolone on Hoagie
2. Veggies and Italian Dressing in Gluten-Free Wrap
3. Vienna Sausages with Chocolate Frosting on Wonder
4. Rueben on Marble Rye
5. Prosciutto, Capicola, and Salami on French Roll
6. Tuna and Avocado on Wheat

Griz til I die said:

I'm not sure you understand how threads like this work over here.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Hope he doesn’t get it. Griz need to get that monkey off our back and if he leaves he will have left undefeated against us.
This.

He's a good coach, but I would hate never being able to get another shot at him.

ABQCat said:
Griz til I die said:

I'm not sure you understand how threads like this work over here.

Bud, we all know he’s done a great job with that program. Can’t expect Griz fans not to take some jabs, on eGriz. Merry Xmas, ABQ.

I do believe that Choate is a very good coach and seems to be more of a players coach...I would say he has a chance for two reasons...1. I think he has shown he can recruit 2. He is good at marketing himself and the program he is working for (see number 1)..........however, the competition is very stiff indeed.

Clarification: I do think he could do well there....I just don't think he has a chance. He would be a very risky move considering the others of interest, and an AD would need big balls to take the risk. If he did get it, I think he would do well. I want redemption....just not sure if it will happen before he leaves for another job regardless if it is this one or one in the next few years. After the last two Cat/Griz games which I thought would be Griz wins I have much respect for what he has done to get his teams to be Griz slayers.

4rm13b.jpg

Back