• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2022 Griz Football Recruiting- Signed (13)- Transfers (6), Verbals (2) Offers

Paytonlives

Staff member
Second signing date is Feb 2nd (Wednesday)--2022

T= Twitter
Instagram
2= 247 Sports
R= Rivals
N= News Report

Added offers to the end of the player lines... not every offer but the ones most likely in contention.

2022 Signed (13)
QB- Kaden Huot 6' 4" 200 (Helena HS) Helena, MT (2. 3-Star)
RB- Eli Gillman 6' 0" 195 (Dassel-Cokato HS) Cokato, MN
ATH- Beau Dantic 6' 0" 180 (Laurel HS) Laurel MT
ATH- Tyson Rostad 6' 1" 185 (Hamilton HS) Hamilton, MT
WR- Ian Finch 6'3" 200 (Hellgate HS) Missoula, MT
WR- Sam Alford 6'3" 205 (Park City HS) Park City UT (2. 3-Star)
TE- Joseph Weida 6' 4" 225 (Sentinel HS) Missoula, MT

DL- Braunson Henriksen 6' 4" 220 (Polson HS) Polson, MT
LB/RB- Vince Genatone 6' 1" 200 (North Platte HS) North Platte, NE
LB- Marcus Evans 6' 0" 195 (Helena HS) Helena, MT (R 2-Star)
S- Chase McGurran 6' 1" 180 (Helena HS) Helena, MT
S- Joey Visser 6' 1" 175 (Jefferson HS) Boulder, MT

K/P- Patrick Rohrbach (Glacier HS) Kalispell, MT (T 8/10/21)

Transfers (6)
QB- Lucas Johnson 6'3" 215 (San Diego State) 1 to play 1
OL- Dylan Mayginnes 6'5" 300 (Wash State) (Instagram)
WR- Sawyer Racanelli 6' 2" 210 (2. 3-star) (U of Washington)

LB/ATH- Garrett Hustedt 6'2" 230 (Nebraska) 3 to play 3 (Instagram)
DB- Jayden Dawson 5'11" 190 (Idaho State) 1 to play 1
CB- Robert Whitehead 6'1" 180 (Grossmont J.C.) 3 to play 2

Verbals (2)
DE/ATH- Zac Crews (Sentinel HS) Missoula, MT (T 8/14/21 ) (2. 2-Star)
LB/RB- Cooper Walton 6'1" 205 (Roosevelt HS) Johnstown, CO (Class of '22)

2022 Offers (1)
OL- Derek Ferraro 6'6" 315 (Rice) (Graduate Transfer) (T 12/21/21) 2 to play 2

Verballed Elsewhere (19)
ATH- Taco Dowler 5' 10" 170 (Billings West HS) Billings, MT (kittens)
QB- Todd Centeio (Colorado State/Temple) (James Madison)
QB- Will McElvain (Northern Iowa Transfer) (Central Arkansas)
RB- Max Alford 6'2" 215 (Park City HS) Park City UT (2. 3-Star) (Utah State)
WR- Justius Lowe 6' 2" 180 (Lincoln HS) Portland, OR (Oregon)
TE- Ben Glasscock 6' 3" 210 (Custer County HS) Miles City, MT (Dickinson State)
OL- Emmit Bohle 6'7" 300 (Northern State) (Arizona State)
OL- Zac Welch 6' 4" 305 (Nevada) (Back to Nevada)
OL- Zac Malcolm 6'4" 270 (Billings West HS) Billings, MT (Rocky)
OL- Jordan Greuel 6' 5" 260 (Greendale HS) Greendale WI (Illinois State)
OT- Hall Schmidt 6' 7" 300 (Peninsula HS) Gig Harbor, WA (Boise)
OL/DL- Burke Mastel (Red Lodge HS) Red Lodge, MT (kittens)
OL/DL- Tommy Nilson 6' 4" 255 (Hellgate HS) Missoula, MT (Kittens)
DL/OL- Ethan Abbott 6' 4" 275 (Florence-Carlton HS) Florence, MT (kittens)
LB- Jordan Pollard 6'2" 210 (Faith Lutheran) Las Vegas, NV (San Jose St.)
LB/DE Justin Eklund 6'3" 220 (Folsom HS) Folsom, CA (San Jose St)
CB- Dre Greeley 6'0" 195 (Colorado State)[/u][/i][/b]
CB/WR- Malikye Simpson 5' 10" 170 (Billings Senior) Billings, MT (North Dakota State- Track)
DB- Andre Seldon Jr. (Michigan) (New Mexico State)

NCAA Division I Championship Subdivision Football Recruiting Calendar

Wednesday Feb 2nd 2022 is Signing Day

QUIET PERIOD
A quiet period is that period of time when it is permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts only on the member institution’s campus. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts or evaluations may be made during the quiet period.
DEAD PERIOD
A dead period is that period of time when it is not permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off the member institution’s campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by prospective student-athletes to the institution’s campus.
EVALUATION PERIOD
An evaluation period is that period of time when it is permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to be involved in off-campus activities designed to assess the academic qualifications and playing ability of prospective student-athletes. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts shall be made with the prospective student-athlete during an evaluation period.
CONTACT PERIOD
A contact period is that period of time when it is permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to make in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts and evaluations.

Recruiting website links for Montana 2022

https://247sports.com/college/montana/Season/2022-Football/Offers/

https://n.rivals.com/search#?formValues=%7B%22sport%22:%22Football%22,%22prospect_profiles.prospect_colleges.college_common_name%22:%5B%22Montana%22%5D,%22prospect_profiles.prospect_colleges.offer%22:true,%22recruit_year%22:2022,%22page_number%22:1,%22page_size%22:50%7D

Paytonlives said:
Recruiting calendar- Updated when avail.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/compliance/recruiting/calendar/2020-21D1REC_FCSMFBRecruitingCalendar.pdf

IntuitiveGriz said:
grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/BrittonWatts/status/1345231384663662592

Thanks, grizfan1984. Britton Watts looks good...First Team All-Region • 6A First Team All-State...will be 4 year Varsity starter at a good program...

https://twitter.com/BrittonWatts/status/1333093981505261570?s=20

Britton Watts likes the Detroit Lions (above).

Maybe he could tweet to former MONTANA GRIZ two-time All-American Kicker and NFL Pro Bowl kicker, with 9 year NFL Career, Dan Carpenter (NFL long FG of 60 yards...career made FG percentage of 84%)? :cool:

Britton Watts is a good kicker, but I doubt they bring another kicker on in 2022. They just signed Camden Capser and this is what was posted on Twitter last week.

https://twitter.com/camdencapser/status/1359572645713305602?s=21

I hope we offer his twin I think it will be a package deal everyone else that’s offered him has offered Caden too.

grizfan1984 said:
I hope we offer his twin I think it will be a package deal everyone else that’s offered him has offered Caden too.

I think you are right. Caden is a great athlete too. Unfortunately I don’t see an announcement on Twitter yet. Hope it’s coming. I hope the coaches are looking at another West High prospect too in Riley Berguson. He is a really sharp player and also a tremendous athlete. His uncle is Nate Dolan and is Griz legacy.

I hope we do get more Billings West players as we have let the Cats in there more and more the last few years....

krammer said:
I hope we do get more Billings West players as we have let the Cats in there more and more the last few years....

Very true it’s time to get back into Billings the last few years have been very dominant of the cats over there I just hope we can get a relationship with these guys, but with msu retaining Robertson I’m afraid we are going to have to put a lot more effort into it as it seems like he has had a relationship with the Billings kids the last few years, I really think missing on Bergen last year is going to hurt us but we will see. As far as other Montana kids go I really hope we see some more offers in the coming days there is a handful of kids right now I believe should be offered let’s hope we see it.

grizfan1984 said:
krammer said:

Very true it’s time to get back into Billings the last few years have been very dominant of the cats over there I just hope we can get a relationship with these guys, but with msu retaining Robertson I’m afraid we are going to have to put a lot more effort into it as it seems like he has had a relationship with the Billings kids the last few years, I really think missing on Bergen last year is going to hurt us but we will see. As far as other Montana kids go I really hope we see some more offers in the coming days there is a handful of kids right now I believe should be offered let’s hope we see it.

Grizfan1984, you literally took the words right out of my mouth. Coach Robertson does an excellent job in Billings for the Cats, but Griz recruiting need to find way to stay competitive. Griz were hugely lucky to sign big time kicker Camden Capser out of Billings this year, but it’s been concerning that no other players from here have committed Griz. I hope the Griz coaches spend more time in Billings and/or create a way to have a more permanent presence here. I truly hope Cadin Dowler and Riley Bergeson get offered soon. There are a couple good ballers coming up next year out of Billings Central then. They are sophomores now. Four high schools in Billings and then Laurel, Shepard and Huntley Project all within a stones throw. Billings is too big a market to have the attitude of let’s wait and see what happens.

GrizFB Fandom said:
grizfan1984 said:

Grizfan1984, you literally took the words right out of my mouth. Coach Robertson does an excellent job in Billings for the Cats, but Griz recruiting need to find way to stay competitive. Griz were hugely lucky to sign big time kicker Camden Capser out of Billings this year, but it’s been concerning that no other players from here have committed Griz. I hope the Griz coaches spend more time in Billings and/or create a way to have a more permanent presence here. I truly hope Cadin Dowler and Riley Bergeson get offered soon. There are a couple good ballers coming up next year out of Billings Central then. They are sophomores now. Four high schools in Billings and then Laurel, Shepard and Huntley Project all within a stones throw. Billings is too big a market to have the attitude of let’s wait and see what happens.

Agree with the above.....there are now five high schools counting the new one in Lockwood....also supposed to build another high school in far west Billings soon, which would make six....Billings and surrounding area has a lot of good football players just due to numbers game.....

Rendina the RB from Glacier just got offered by Air Force, I’m suprised that we or the scats have not offered yet, I know Finch at Hellgate has been getting some love from ndsu also very suprised at no offer yet.

Back