• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New strength coach?

dayday

DONOR
You think they would have announced this. They have had a month. MSU announced theirs.

dayday said:
You think they would have announced this. They have had a month. MSU announced theirs.

You know as well as the rest of us, communication to the public by the UM Athletic Department is NEVER a priority. ;)

maroonandsilver said:
dayday said:

You know as well as the rest of us, communication to the public by the UM Athletic Department is NEVER a priority. ;)

So are you saying there is a new strength coach but no announcement has yet been made? This is an absolutely key position in any athletic department.

firmgriz said:
maroonandsilver said:

So are you saying there is a new strength coach but no announcement has yet been made? This is an absolutely key position in any athletic department.

A likely replacement has been identified, but it won't become official until the university's hiring freeze is lifted. The position must be deemed essential (it obviously is) and this is likely what has already happened at Montana State, hence Sean Herrin's hiring.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
firmgriz said:

A likely replacement has been identified, but it won't become official until the university's hiring freeze is lifted. The position must be deemed essential (it obviously is) and this is likely what has already happened at Montana State, hence Sean Herrin's hiring.

That is insane if true. Besides it being an essential football coach position but if the sister state university can hire one then it can't be a hiring freeze problem. Just defies logic. I would think it is not that because it cries incompetence. I suppose I don't know and it being a personnel matter then a FOIA request would be difficult to ascertain that. I am also not the media and do not have time to investigate that.

On a bigger issuer for a few years the communication department in the UM athletic department is terrible. Their whole relationship with members of the media is deplorable. No media person will say that out loud so they don't ruin what little relationships over there they have but it is just obvious. Regardless of history they just need to let it go. The independent media (not that rosey GoGriz stuff)
is the connection to the fans so use them, athletic department.

That hire would make a ton of sense but source? Looks like he’s liking some Griz stuff recently.

dayday said:
That hire would make a ton of sense but source? Looks like he’s liking some Griz stuff recently.

There is a picture floating around I believe it was on the ISU women’s golf page that said good luck at the University of Montana

Officially official

https://gogriz.com/news/2021/1/7/football-dan-ryan-returns-to-montana-as-grizzly-strength-coach.aspx?fbclid=IwAR2aeYgK4QnZeA6vKyh35UNYfv9fPt2WqPglCIJG4EJ8XsigoZ_8RjP3_6Y

Back