• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is Tim Hauck Coming Home?

grizpack

eGriz Club
DONOR
From Ian Rappaport -

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1m
The #Eagles and Doug Pederson are done.
Quote Tweet
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 1m
Doug Pederson is out as #Eagles coach, per source.

I doubt any of the staff would be retained.

ESPN carrying the story also:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30693391/philadelphia-eagles-change-course-fire-head-coach-doug-pederson-source-says

kemajic said:
Griz til I die said:
We don't really have a spot for him. All of our assistant roles are filled.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Hey man I’d absolutely want him on staff but short of Bobby pushing somebody out the door, which I can’t see him doing, then he’s probably just gonna have to wait for the next opening.

I would be surprised if Tim DIDN'T come back in some capacity, most likely replacing the elderly Baer as Defensive Coordinator at some point. Bobby told me point blank Tim want's to come back to the U of M when his NFL ride is over. Money isn't an issue at all. Bobby said, and I quote, "Tim still has his first dollar earned in the NFL." When the announcement is made is anyone's guess but I will offer up a prognostication....within two weeks after Spring Ball ends.

Griz til I die said:
AZGrizFan said:
Maybe Bobby offers him a walk on spot like Sirmon? :lol: :lol:
Ya man he can’t just barge his way in. He’s gotta earn it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If he wants the job he has to run to the M at the crack of dawn. Toiling away up the switchbacks in full snow gear, he will be met by Bobby Hauck himself, whom I believe lives there, wearing a tanktop and boardshorts with a contract in his hand.

Griz til I die said:
kemajic said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Hey man I’d absolutely want him on staff but short of Bobby pushing somebody out the door, which I can’t see him doing, then he’s probably just gonna have to wait for the next opening.
Baer is a bridge to Tim. He'll retire when Tim wants the job.

kemajic said:
Griz til I die said:

I was one of the first to be critical of Baer hire but it worked out the last few years. He doesn’t really recruit but he can coach x and o’s. Hes also related to players better than I thought he would so I was wrong. However he’s very old and been doing it for 50 years. I just think if he isn’t retiring this year then it has to be next year.

Not sure if your Bobby you can pass on Tim if he wants to come here as he is over qualified and still In his prime for coaching age. Tim was a very good recruiter too when he was here. I’m all for it. Coach Petersen will get hired somewhere else so I’m sure Tim might still have some more NFL opportunities,

dayday said:
kemajic said:

I was one of the first to be critical of Baer hire but it worked out the last few years. He doesn’t really recruit but he can coach x and o’s. Hes also related to players better than I thought he would so I was wrong. However he’s very old and been doing it for 50 years. I just think if he isn’t retiring this year then it has to be next year.

Not sure if your Bobby you can pass on Tim if he wants to come here as he is over qualified and still In his prime for coaching age. Tim was a very good recruiter too when he was here. I’m all for it. Coach Petersen will get hired somewhere else so I’m sure Tim might still have some more NFL opportunities,
Pederson is not a candidate for any head coaching jobs. Said he might take the year off, although he did talk to the Seahawks about being OC

kemajic said:
Griz til I die said:

Maybe sooner.

WIth Spring Season cancelled I'd guess Tim is on-staff for Spring Camp, unless Baer isn't ready to go and Tim waits a year.

Back