• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Transfers?

grizfan1984

I see msu just added a WR transfer from Akron just curious if we have any scholarships left to add any transfers?

Nope. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Word in the street is we didn’t even have one for Sirmon when he left UW. Dead serious.

HookedonGriz said:
Nope. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Word in the street is we didn’t even have one for Sirmon when he left UW. Dead serious.

As much as I would have loved to see Sirmon as a GRIZ I knew it wasn’t going to happen our QB room is very full and I can’t see Hauck tossing a guy just to bring him in having brought in Sirmon for likely just 1 year would have probably caused some of the other QBs to transfer out. I did notice coaches following quite a few transfers on Twitter so we will see if we add anyone? Maybe some more guys will leave after spring.

grizfan1984 said:
HookedonGriz said:

As much as I would have loved to see Sirmon as a GRIZ I knew it wasn’t going to happen our QB room is very full and I can’t see Hauck tossing a guy just to bring him in having brought in Sirmon for likely just 1 year would have probably caused some of the other QBs to transfer out. I did notice coaches following quite a few transfers on Twitter so we will see if we add anyone? Maybe some more guys will leave after spring.

IMO, he would have been the most talented player in that QB room with eligibility. This was more about honoring schollies as opposed to the room being too crowded. Also, why would you assume that Sirmon would have only been 1 year?

grizfan1984 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Jacob will be a redshirt sophomore with three seasons of eligibility next fall.

grizindabox said:
grizfan1984 said:

IMO, he would have been the most talented player in that QB room with eligibility. This was more about honoring schollies as opposed to the room being too crowded. Also, why would you assume that Sirmon would have only been 1 year?
He would have had 3 years and would be unquestionably the best QB on our roster. Don’t know if we had a scholarship for him or not. Guessing he still would have went to Central Michigan.

WaGriz4life said:
grizindabox said:
He would have had 3 years and would be unquestionably the best QB on our roster. Don’t know if we had a scholarship for him or not. Guessing he still would have went to Central Michigan.
Right or wrong, Samori's decision shows that many players with Sunday aspirations are going to go FBS.

SaskGriz said:
WaGriz4life said:
Right or wrong, Samori's decision shows that many players with Sunday aspirations are going to go FBS.

And more power to them!

Sirmon was dead serious about coming here and wanted to come here, but was told we do not have a Scholly available, but was told he was welcome to walk on.

Just unfortunate with how we are so limited with everyone getting another year of eligibility, another reason why we so heavily recruited MT with most getting preferred walk on status. Maybe after spring we may have a few with guys leaving but more then likely the coaches will allocate to guys all ready on the roster, unless they deem we have a hole to be filled.

mtgrizzly said:
Sirmon was dead serious about coming here and wanted to come here, but was told we do not have a Scholly available, but was told he was welcome to walk on.

Just unfortunate with how we are so limited with everyone getting another year of eligibility, another reason why we so heavily recruited MT with most getting preferred walk on status. Maybe after spring we may have a few with guys leaving but more then likely the coaches will allocate to guys all ready on the roster, unless they deem we have a hole to be filled.

Conlan Beaver told a friend that he plans to return this Fall.

Dillon said:
SaskGriz said:

And more power to them!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I think if Dante had done it he'd be on a roster right now. Or maybe he's just a sloth. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back