• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Football Commit: Bo Kinney

go96griz

Offensive Lineman from Overland Park, KS. Class of 2021.

https://twitter.com/BoKinney7/status/1352352584103817225

Interesting deal here......his brother (I’m almost 100% certain) is Walker Kinney. Walker is a QB at LSU and was a big time talent coming out of HS in Kansas. Maybe Bo will bring him along as I believe Walker is down on the depth chart.

Bo has a big frame and athletic as hell. He is a good pick up!

Wow this site says he had an offer at Nebraska amongst others....

https://sixstarfootball.com/player/bo-kinney/

HookedonGriz said:
Wow this site says he had an offer at Nebraska amongst others....

https://sixstarfootball.com/player/bo-kinney/

Granted, the Nebraska offer is a walk on, but still impressive.

SIX STAR FOOTBALL SCOUTING REPORT: Could end up being one of the steals among senior OL in the KC metro area. Has the frame that could impress for sure at 6-5. His size and ability to make big plays bodes well and a player already honing in on college offers, his future looks to be going in a very good direction for success. Has received offers from Independence CC, Bethel, Northern Michigan, and a walk on offer from Nebraska.

Watching his film he seems to be pretty athletic. It looks like he has quick feet for a big man. Two years of getting bigger and stronger and he could be the real deal IMO. Its nice to have him.

weren't the hancock brothers , tate and tanner, from kansas? they were great griz.

argh! said:
weren't the hancock brothers , tate and tanner, from kansas? they were great griz.
Good call argh. Was going to reply with the same. Both were from Overland as well, from what I recall. I also believe we pulled a lineman or two from that area (possibly a defensive guy). I seem to recall one or two more than just the Hancock brothers. Man, those guys were good!

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
argh! said:
Good call argh. Was going to reply with the same. Both were from Overland as well, from what I recall. I also believe we pulled a lineman or two from that area (possibly a defensive guy). I seem to recall one or two more than just the Hancock brothers. Man, those guys were good!

Seems we have had a connection to that high school for a few years now if I remember right we were recruiting a QB from there last year.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
argh! said:

Hancocks were from Salina. Chris Orwig was from Kansas too.

Greg Iseman the running back in the early 80's was also from Kansas if I remember correctly.

PlayerRep said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:

Thanks Rep. Was Orwig from Overland? I'm 99% positive we had a recruit or two from that specific area. Probably shouldnt use the phrase 99% positive in this day and age.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
PlayerRep said:
Thanks Rep. Was Orwig from Overland? I'm 99% positive we had a recruit or two from that specific area. Probably shouldnt use the phrase 99% positive in this day and age.

Yes, on Orwig. Shawnee Mission.

So did we give him a scholarship? Because my understanding was we had none to give or we’d have certainly offered one to Sirmon, no?

HookedonGriz said:
Interesting deal here......his brother (I’m almost 100% certain) is Walker Kinney. Walker is a QB at LSU and was a big time talent coming out of HS in Kansas. Maybe Bo will bring him along as I believe Walker is down on the depth chart.

Bo has a big frame and athletic as hell. He is a good pick up!

Walker retweeted this commit, so probably correct.

His grandfather is Jeff Kinney. Old guys like me remember him as the Nebraska tailback that went through half a dozen (tearaway) jerseys a game back in 1971. He was a big part of #1 Nebraska’s 35-31 defeat of #2 Oklahoma on Thanksgiving Day. His teammate Johnny Rodgers won the Heisman Trophy the following season.

Back