• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM announces intention for full capacity this fall

Da Boyz Mom

DONOR
Plans are still dependent on the approval of the Missoula Health Department so let's all keep our fingers crossed!

https://gogriz.com/news/2021/4/1/football-montana-to-host-full-capacity-football-games-in-fall-of-21.aspx

Let's go! I'm confident by then we will be able to do full capacity, but I hope there aren't some people that are hesitant to pack in Wa-Griz again. We'll see.

We are quickly approaching that point where it is reasonable to say attendance to large gatherings is allowed again and it is a personal choice about going to the events. Hope MPC health officials recognize that we will never have zero cases of COVID and that at some point soon it should again be up to the individuals about whether or not they want to attend.

MTGRZ said:
We are quickly approaching that point where it is reasonable to say attendance to large gatherings is allowed again and it is a personal choice about going to the events. Hope MPC health officials recognize that we will never have zero cases of COVID and that at some point soon it should again be up to the individuals about whether or not they want to attend.

Missoula County just named a new health director. Hopefully he will fill safe enough for he and his husband and son to take in some larger gatherings in Missoula soon.

Da Boyz Mom said:
Plans are still dependent on the approval of the Missoula Health Department so let's all keep our fingers crossed!

https://gogriz.com/news/2021/4/1/football-montana-to-host-full-capacity-football-games-in-fall-of-21.aspx

If there is limited capacity this fall....then something is seriously wrong. It's ridiculous to think we'll be doing this much longer.

SoldierGriz said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

If there is limited capacity this fall....then something is seriously wrong. It's ridiculous to think we'll be doing this much longer.

I’ll lay it out there: I’ll be SHOCKED if MHD goes along with this.

You know they are announcing this so they can sell as many season tickets as possible, right? I sure hope it is true, but I won't be surprised when they renege on this one and ask season ticket holders to just donate their monies to athletics anyways.

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:

Dude there are way stricter health departments in Montana than Missoula. Buttes pretty bad and Bozeman, believe it or not, probably has the worst. They still haven’t lifted really any of the restrictions there. Biden said by the 4th of July, he wants and expects a return to normal, and if that’s the case then the health departments will probably stop caring by then.

PeauxRouge said:
You know they are announcing this so they can sell as many season tickets as possible, right? I sure hope it is true, but I won't be surprised when they renege on this one and ask season ticket holders to just donate their monies to athletics anyways.

That's kind of a depressing take, but you are probably at least half right. They need to sell as many tickets as possible to put some money in the coffers, but I doubt they intend to just renege on their stated intention. It's best for UM and the fans if we can all get back to normal asap.

Da Boyz Mom said:
PeauxRouge said:

That's kind of a depressing take, but you are probably at least half right. They need to sell as many tickets as possible to put some money in the coffers, but I doubt they intend to just renege on their stated intention. It's best for UM and the fans if we can all get back to normal asap.

I agree. Sorry to get all negative!

You're just being realistic. If UM doesn't go full attendance after what has gone on in the last year, I would predict a very negative reaction from at least 26,000 people. I won't predict how fans in general will react, let alone GSA members, boosters, and donors. Old saying: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

tourist said:
You're just being realistic. If UM doesn't go full attendance after what has gone on in the last year, I would predict a very negative reaction from at least 26,000 people. I won't predict how fans in general will react, let alone GSA members, boosters, and donors. Old saying: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

That’s a paraphrase. The full saying is “fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.” It either originated in Tennessee or Texas. Experts aren’t sure.

Sorry this took so long for a reply, but, a slow boil takes time. "Intention...Missoula County Health Dept....Commissioner of Higher Education..."
I am totally fed up with this simplistic sheep shit. Just say it, total 26,000 in their seats this fall at WGS. Feel threatened by others, then STAY THE HELL HOME!!! I am NOT responsible for your health and well being. YOU ARE!

tourist said:
26,000 is near record and standing room only attendance. The listed capacity of the stadium is 25,203. UM averaged 22,545 in 2019.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, then when ONLY 22,545 show up on your front lawn to express their displeasure with you, then it's OK. That's ONLY 87% of SRO of WGS. Sorry to be so non-specific. I hope no one quotes my previous statement in a Master's Thesis or Doctoral Dissertation. :roll:

Griz til I die said:
AZGrizFan said:
Dude there are way stricter health departments in Montana than Missoula. Buttes pretty bad and Bozeman, believe it or not, probably has the worst. They still haven’t lifted really any of the restrictions there. Biden said by the 4th of July, he wants and expects a return to normal, and if that’s the case then the health departments will probably stop caring by then.
I don’t know what you consider “normal”, but I’m expecting WAY more than this come July. Though I’m fully prepared for more of this crazy nonsense. Here’s what Biden says we can expect on “independence” day if people continue getting vaccinated:

"If we do this together, by 4 July, there is a good chance you, your family and friends can get together in your backyard or in your neighbourhood and have a cookout or a barbecue and celebrate Independence Day," he said.

🙄

Back