• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

You Wanna Talk Football???

hunt-ducks

Now that there is something to talk about, let's talk football. Here are some of my observations from today's game:

The Good:

- The D-line looks to be much improved at stopping the run over last season, and our depth at that position looks to be the best in quite a few years.
- Nate Fouch is going to be a great safety. His coverage skills were so much better today that those of Sandry.
- Welnel played very well today in his first start
- I was impressed by our CB play today. That position has been a problem position for Montana for many seasons. The group we have now may be our strongest in many years.
- I love the transfer center from Nebraska. His snaps are crisp, and he puts the snap chest-high almost every play. As you know, snaps from center have been somewhat of a problem in the past.
- Our kicking game appears to be solid, in deep KOs, FGs, as well as punting.
_ In re-stating the obvious, Harris looks to be a great one at RB. He can catch the ball out of the backfield, adding another dimension to the passing game.
- Brown did not look like a freshman QB today. Even playing with the second team, he showed poise, great decision-making, strong running ability, a great arm, and much better throwing mechanics than Humphrey.

The Bad:

_ It is a mystery to me why our line can not create holes for our RBs. We were playing against a Div. II D-line, and still had no running game. We return several O-line starters, yet the running game is just not there.
_ Cam still looks like Cam

Overall, I was very impressed with the team today. I think we will know much more after we play Portland State.

Nash Fouch asks that you at least learn his fucking name if you’re gonna hang on his ballsack like that.

AZGrizFan said:
Nash Fouch asks that you at least learn his f###[#] name if you’re gonna hang on his ballsack like that.

I though you wanted to talk football? Do you always get your panties in a wad when you are schooled, or is it a recent thing? Take a Valium and you'll feel better. Better yet, order "Football For Dummies"..... only $14.95 at Amazon.

hunt-ducks said:
Now that there is something to talk about, let's talk football. Here are some of my observations from today's game:

The Good:

- The D-line looks to be much improved at stopping the run over last season, and our depth at that position looks to be the best in quite a few years.
- Nate Fouch is going to be a great safety. His coverage skills were so much better today that those of Sandry.
- Welnel played very well today in his first start
- I was impressed by our CB play today. That position has been a problem position for Montana for many seasons. The group we have now may be our strongest in many years.
- I love the transfer center from Nebraska. His snaps are crisp, and he puts the snap chest-high almost every play. As you know, snaps from center have been somewhat of a problem in the past.
- Our kicking game appears to be solid, in deep KOs, FGs, as well as punting.
_ In re-stating the obvious, Harris looks to be a great one at RB. He can catch the ball out of the backfield, adding another dimension to the passing game.
- Brown did not look like a freshman QB today. Even playing with the second team, he showed poise, great decision-making, strong running ability, a great arm, and much better throwing mechanics than Humphrey.

The Bad:

_ It is a mystery to me why our line can not create holes for our RBs. We were playing against a Div. II D-line, and still had no running game. We return several O-line starters, yet the running game is just not there.
_ Cam still looks like Cam

Overall, I was very impressed with the team today. I think we will know much more after we play Portland State.

I think this is a solid assessment. I would add that Malik Flowers in special with the ball in his hands. Find a way to get him the ball....fly sweeps, reverses, hell wildcat if need be.

It was nice to see flowers getting the ball in the offense and not just returns, but are we going to just glaze over the way Sulser looked today???

One more thought about the importance to the QB of having consistent snaps from center. I sat next to Matt Ryan in first class on a flight from Atlanta a couple of years ago. He introduced himself, and we chatted for quite some time about non-football stuff. Really nice guy. Inevitably the topic of football came-up, and I remember him talking about the snap from center when he is in the shotgun. He stated that, if the QB can not rely on a consistent spiral snap from center, it takes away a split second from his ability to read the open receivers as the play develops. He said that wobbly snaps were his worst nightmare because he had to focus on catching the snap longer, and it compromised his reads in the passing game.

We have had a couple of centers who were very inconsistent with snaps, which is why it is so good to see the new kid be so consistent with his snaps.

Wolf777 said:
It was nice to see flowers getting the ball in the offense and not just returns, but are we going to just glaze over the way Sulser looked today???

Thank you. I appreciate any additions or observations you may want to add. But be careful making positive comments about me, you will incur the wrath of the "popular" posters. These 5-6 posters who dominate the board, and make 60% of the posts, don't like it when their little club is not in total control over here.

Wolf777 said:

Sulser looked great. I just forgot to give him kudos. I appreciate your added observations.

C Brown was better at passing than Humphrey. Humphrey throws better to right than to left and holds on too long waiting for WR to have separation. Brown has better touch on passes.
ST play very solid. Defensive coverage had a few issues, but got turnovers.
Transfer from AZ is slender, but may be a good edge rusher. Good size at CB and they kept containment and had good run support.
Humphrey isn’t progressing, Brown is and should start IMO.

Diesel said:
C Brown was better at passing than Humphrey. Humphrey throws better to right than to left and holds on too long waiting for WR to have separation. Brown has better touch on passes.
Transfer from AZ is slender, but may be a good edge rusher. Good size at CB and they kept containment and had good run support.

Can't disagree with anything you said.....

Diesel said:

Brown is K Brown. As in Kris.

hunt-ducks said:
Wolf777 said:

Thank you. I appreciate any additions or observations you may want to add. But be careful making positive comments about me, you will incur the wrath of the "popular" posters. These 5-6 posters who dominate the board, and make 60% of the posts, don't like it when their little club is not in total control over here.

Exactly right, they have a little cult. They rarely even talk about football, mainly just trash talk newer posters. If they don't agree with your opinion, it's wrath. They think only their thoughts are accurate and anyone with a differing opinion is crazy.. Very close minded folk. Would not recommend having a beer with them.

Griz Addict said:
hunt-ducks said:

Exactly right, they have a little cult. They rarely even talk about football, mainly just trash talk newer posters. If they don't agree with your opinion, it's wrath. They think only their thoughts are accurate and anyone with a differing opinion is crazy.. Very close minded folk. Would not recommend having a beer with them.

This is there own private social media site. They spend hours and hours on here every day. They never talk football, and they are the exact reasons why so many good football posters have left egriz.

hunt-ducks said:
Griz Addict said:

This is there own private social media site. They spend hours and hours on here every day. They never talk football, and they are the exact reasons why so many good football posters have left egriz.

Well where are they all going? I’d like to go ruin that message board also.

Back