• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Guys who didn’t play today

grizfan1984

Looked at the player participation report and the roster and made a list of guys who didn’t play some maybe out with injuries and others might not be ready?
3. Trajon Cotton
3. Carson Rostad
6. Jackson Pepe
9. Drew Deck
10. Robbie Patterson
11. Gabe Longin
12. Rishi Daniels
18. Jace Schneider
30. Kevin Armstead
32. Drew Turner
33. Asher Croy
38. Max Feight
40. Kale Edwards
42. Peyton Brammer
45. Chase Johansen
46. Micah Ashton
48. Max Gardiner
53. Lorenzo Brown
60. Dillon Botner
62. Kevin Good
63. Trevor Welnel
69. Noah Ambuehl
71. Kordell Pillans
73. Colin Dreis
74. Kukila Lincoln
81.Matt Rensvold
83. Matt Simkins
84. Joey Elwell
88. Erik Barker
94. Noah Kaschmitter
96. Henry Nuce

grizfan1984 said:
Looked at the player participation report and the roster and made a list of guys who didn’t play some maybe out with injuries and others might not be ready?
3. Trajon Cotton
3. Carson Rostad
6. Jackson Pepe
9. Drew Deck
10. Robbie Patterson
11. Gabe Longin
12. Rishi Daniels
18. Jace Schneider
21.Marcus Knight
30. Kevin Armstead
32. Drew Turner
33. Asher Croy
38. Max Feight
40. Kale Edwards
42. Peyton Brammer
45. Chase Johansen
46. Micah Ashton
48. Max Gardiner
53. Lorenzo Brown
60. Dillon Botner
62. Kevin Good
63. Trevor Welnel
69. Noah Ambuehl
71. Kordell Pillans
73. Colin Dreis
74. Kukila Lincoln
81.Matt Rensvold
83. Matt Simkins
84. Joey Elwell
88. Erik Barker
94. Noah Kaschmitter
96. Henry Nuce

Must be some mistake. I’m sure I saw Nuce and Deck get in at some point.
Hate to speculate but I wonder if Cotton, Rensvold, and Elwell could be banged up. just a hunch

garizzalies said:
Must be some mistake. I’m sure I saw Nuce and Deck get in at some point.
Hate to speculate but I wonder if Cotton, Rensvold, and Elwell could be banged up. just a hunch

Yeah wondering about Edwards too he was Defensive scout team player of the year.

grizfan1984 said:
3. Trajon Cotton
3. Carson Rostad
6. Jackson Pepe
9. Drew Deck
10. Robbie Patterson
11. Gabe Longin
12. Rishi Daniels
18. Jace Schneider
30. Kevin Armstead
32. Drew Turner
33. Asher Croy
38. Max Feight
40. Kale Edwards
42. Peyton Brammer
45. Chase Johansen
46. Micah Ashton
48. Max Gardiner
53. Lorenzo Brown
60. Dillon Botner
62. Kevin Good
63. Trevor Welnel
69. Noah Ambuehl
71. Kordell Pillans
73. Colin Dreis
74. Kukila Lincoln
81.Matt Rensvold
83. Matt Simkins
84. Joey Elwell
88. Erik Barker
94. Noah Kaschmitter
96. Henry Nuce
So of this list, the ones that I know of that are hurt are Cotton, Patterson, Pillans, and Turner. I’m sure many of these other guys are hurt as well as Bobby said we are pretty banged up right now. That does seem like a very large list though. I wonder why we didn’t see more of them as I’m sure they’re not all hurt.

I thought Lorenzo brown would maybe have a year where he actually did something. He was pretty highly touted as a DE when stitt recruited him and hasnt done much at all since he got here to my knowledge.

Griz til I die said:
grizfan1984 said:
3. Trajon Cotton
3. Carson Rostad
6. Jackson Pepe
9. Drew Deck
10. Robbie Patterson
11. Gabe Longin
12. Rishi Daniels
18. Jace Schneider
30. Kevin Armstead
32. Drew Turner
33. Asher Croy
38. Max Feight
40. Kale Edwards
42. Peyton Brammer
45. Chase Johansen
46. Micah Ashton
48. Max Gardiner
53. Lorenzo Brown
60. Dillon Botner
62. Kevin Good
63. Trevor Welnel
69. Noah Ambuehl
71. Kordell Pillans
73. Colin Dreis
74. Kukila Lincoln
81.Matt Rensvold
83. Matt Simkins
84. Joey Elwell
88. Erik Barker
94. Noah Kaschmitter
96. Henry Nuce
So of this list, the ones that I know of that are hurt are Cotton, Patterson, Pillans, and Turner. I’m sure many of these other guys are hurt as well as Bobby said we are pretty banged up right now. That does seem like a very large list though. I wonder why we didn’t see more of them as I’m sure they’re not all hurt.

Cotton is hurt too.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
I thought Lorenzo brown would maybe have a year where he actually did something. He was pretty highly touted as a DE when stitt recruited him and hasnt done much at all since he got here to my knowledge.

I was hoping he would too

Seems like a lot of hurt players for not even having a game in over a year. Not ideal to be "pretty banged up" when you have only been conditioning and practicing.

I know the participation report is notoriously inaccurate but I'm pretty sure I saw 60 Botner in there in the 4th quarter, I think Henry Nuce played as well.

MammaB said:
#60 replaced Beaver Left tackle for 4th quarter and I thought I heard Joey Elwell's name also.

Yeah they both played actually, at least I'm pretty sure.

Ursus1 said:
Seems like a lot of hurt players for not even having a game in over a year. Not ideal to be "pretty banged up" when you have only been conditioning and practicing.

There's a few things to take into account here:

1. These two games come on the end of regular winter conditioning and a full spring camp that did include a couple of scrimmages. Guys get hurt, dinged up, and/or could be at a point where it's best to just rest them.

2. I know for a fact a few guys had surgeries on lingering items once the team opted out of the full spring to ensure they'd be full speed for the regular fall season - so obviously they were out for this as well.

3. Bobby clearly approached this like a regular game, it would appear the 2-deep is looking good but with the sheer amount of kids on this roster right now those 3rd string / depth guys probably had very limited chances to see the field.

4. It's my understanding that some athletics staff was helping out in certain spots here. While I'm unsure entirely where, that could reflect a few names that actually played being missed from the participation chart.

I re-watched the broadcast today and because I've got time (Happy Pandemic) and OCD this is what I saw in terms of participation. (Grain of salt, I might have missed a guy or two hiding on the bench). Just cut and pasted the list from higher up on this thread.

3. Trajon Cotton - Wasn't dressed
3. Carson Rostad - dressed/ Did Not Play
6. Jackson Pepe - dressed/ DNP
9. Drew Deck - dressed/ DNP
10. Robbie Patterson - wasn't dressed
11. Gabe Longin - dressed/DNP
12. Rishi Daniels- dressed/ DNP
18. Jace Schneider - dressed/ DNP
21.Marcus Knight - wasn't dressed
30. Kevin Armstead - dressed DNP
32. Drew Turner - dressed DNP
33. Asher Croy - dressed DNP
38. Max Feight - dressed DNP
40. Kale Edwards - wasn't dressed
42. Peyton Brammer - dressed DNP
45. Chase Johansen - dressed DNP
46. Micah Ashton - dressed DNP
48. Max Gardiner - wasn't dressed
53. Lorenzo Brown - dressed DNP
60. Dillon Botner - PLAYED
62. Kevin Good- dressed DNP
63. Trevor Welnel - On the field only for the Victory formation snap
69. Noah Ambuehl - dressed DNP
71. Kordell Pillans- wasn't dressed
73. Colin Dreis- Dressed DNP
74. Kukila Lincoln - Dressed DNP
81.Matt Rensvold - wasn't dressed
83. Matt Simkins - wasn't dressed
84. Joey Elwell - wasn't dressed
88. Erik Barker - dressed DNP
94. Noah Kaschmitter - wasn't dressed
96. Henry Nuce - PLAYED

Ursus1 said:
Huh? Have you ever been to a spring practice? More hitting than fall camp.

Back