• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Junior Bergen Now Griz

Griz RTD

Junior Bergen has recommitted to the Cats and is officially coming to play for Montana Griz.

https://www.montanasports.com/category/high-school/football/billings-seniors-junior-bergen-switching-from-montana-to-montana-state

Griz RTD said:
Junior Bergen has recommitted to the Cats and is officially coming to play for Montana Griz.

https://www.montanasports.com/category/high-school/football/billings-seniors-junior-bergen-switching-from-montana-to-montana-state

Decommitted

Very happy with this, I was disappointed that Bergen wasn’t a GRIZ at first but now I’m a happy camper. 2 great commits in 1 day Go Bergen, Go Childs and GO GRIZ

In the words of Travis Decuire “every days a great day to be a Griz, but sometimes it’s a little bit better then that”! Welcome to Montana Isiah and Junior 😎

Awesome! I think it is weird they brought up the new transfer rule because actually it’s not transferring he’s just allowed to get out of his LOI because of the coaching change.

dayday said:
Awesome! I think it is weird they brought up the new transfer rule because actually it’s not transferring he’s just allowed to get out of his LOI because of the coaching change.

Good catch Dayday! I wonder how much impact Coach Six had on the kids decision?

Since Choach left I’ll bet the head coach’s office no longer smells like bottomless meatloaf night at Applebee’s.

dayday said:

Doesn’t matter if the coach leaves. If you sign National Letter of Intent (NLI) with scholarship and leave program you lose one year of eligibility. Mr. Breen brought up the NCAA board decision today as it allow one time transfer immediately without losing year of eligibility. This is what Junior Bergen and Griz Coaching staff was waiting for. Junior can now play without having to wait and that was just voted on today at NCAA board meeting. Read through this FAQ page. You sign to school and not coach.

http://www.nationalletter.org/frequentlyAskedQuestions/bindingAgreement.html

Griz RTD said:
dayday said:

Doesn’t matter if the coach leaves. If you sign National Letter of Intent (NLI) with scholarship and leave program you lose one year of eligibility. Mr. Breen brought up the NCAA board decision today as it allow one time transfer immediately without losing year of eligibility. This is what Junior Bergen and Griz Coaching staff was waiting for. Junior can now play without having to wait and that was just voted on today at NCAA board meeting. Read through this FAQ page. You sign to school and not coach.

http://www.nationalletter.org/frequentlyAskedQuestions/bindingAgreement.html

That is.true in the sense that a NOI is a contract with the school subject to NCAA regulation but I don’t totally agree. It is very common practice for schools and coaches to let players out of that contract when a coaching change happens because if they don’t you burn recruiting bridges. It happens a lot and if you are let out of the NOI then that one year penalty won’t apply. Bergen although a great player is likely to redshirt here and likely would have at MSU regardless so probably moot point. However that still doesn’t mean he is “transferring” schools and into the portal. He hasn’t even started school yet. So my point is that I think that article is confusing some things. Anyways happy to have him on the board. He definitely solidifies this class and I think evened out the instate battle when it did lean towards the Cats this year.

This is a pretty big deal imo.....one of the very top athletes of this recruiting class comes over from the cats to be a griz....his ability reminds me a little of Sulser coming out of high school.....this is a get for sure and makes us better.... exciting....great to be a Griz....

I just saw my neighbor’s wife (I realize she’s my “neighbor” too; just being clear). She was out for a walk; sweatin’ to the oldies. Glad for her. I happen to see her playlist called, “Choate’s favs” and I swear I could faintly hear “Take it on the run” which was so fitting.

While biting my lip, I asked her if she’s excited for the “Golden Triangle Classic” and she responded, “can’t fuckin’ wait!” Apparently, the MILF camp is this weekend.

Anyway, I also asked her about how smart Mr. Bergen must be, and she exclaimed, “he’s a total drama queen—you can have him!”

I was like, “drama queen?”

And she goes, “those were Choate’s words.”

And I’m all, “huh?”

And she was like, “Choate called him that in the singing day press conference.”

I asked if she misses him.

She said not at all.

I said, no, I mean miss Choach.

And I swear a tear came to her eye (*doubt it could have been sweat)

Back