• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Team Grades

hm.grwn.grizfan

DONOR
What a dominant team performance!. I havent been this excited for a Griz team since 2007! No joke, this is the best I think we’ve been since that 07-11’ stretch!

Offense - A
- QB play was much better today. Cam missed on a few open guys, threw the pick in the red zone, and had a few bad throws, but for the most part he played a great game today. Sucks that he went down with what appeared to be a concussion type injury, but that really showcased our QB depth, and Oline dominance, as Brown came in and played well when allowed to throw, and the Oline proceeded to really dominate the rest of the game. Receivers again looked solid. Running game looked good today. After I dogged on Ostmo last week about his lack of vision, he came back and along with Harris put in an incredible performance. I know Harris broke 100, but I think Ostmo got real close as well.

Defense - A
Lights out performance across the board. Outside of the broken plays that their QB snuck out and gashed us on, the D pitched a near shutout of PSU. They just could not get anything going against our run or pass defense, the corners were blanketing their receivers, and our Dline and linebackers were getting consistent pressure. We are deep at Dline and corner this year, and we didn’t even play Cotton!

Special teams - A
Dominant, again! No missed kicks, great punt and kickoff coverage, and our return game is elite!

I cannot wait to see what this team can do next fall. The big sky had better watch out, this Griz team looks angry, violent, and exceedingly capable!

Go Griz!

SoldierGriz said:
I'll eat the whole crow...Oline was dominant...wow!

I think most of us were expecting today’s results last weekend. Rust? Match ups?

Great to have a strong running game again. :thumb:

Last two games were good to watch and sure the players were happy to play in real games. The best grade I can recall is what Bennett stated. The Griz depth chart is back to having 1A and 1B players. Bobby echoed in post press:”the ones who are in the game are expected to make plays”.
There has always been top level players, even in the bad years, quality of depth makes a championship contender.
Bobby didn’t have the team and depth on his come back tour....looks like he knows how to build a team( a little sarcasm in last statement, so the only literal posters, don’t need to defend him)

Back