• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz "2rue" Deep

SaskGriz

DONOR
Since we all know the Coach's published 2 Deeps have about as much to do with reality as a NDSU fan's diet plan. I thought I'd try to put something together based on our two spring dominations.

QB: Humphrey, Brown, Rygol
RB: Ostmo, Harris, Turner, Arnston
WR: Akem, Flowers, Burton
WR: Roberts, Simpson, Ossello
SB: Sulser, White, Fontes
TE: Bry.Demming, Grossman, LeTexier, Curry
T: Cook, Botner, Dreis
G: Mallory, Ganoung, T.Welnel
C: Forbes, Martin, Bloemendaal
G: Martin, Keintz, Kanouse
T: Beaver, Casey,

P: Buschini PR: Sulser, Hauck KR: Flowers, Sulser
K: Cooper, Gilman LS: O'Donoghue H: Roberts, Hauck

DE: Babros, McGourin, Nelson
DT: Alford, Gubner, Grimsrud
DE: Belknap, Bra. Deming, Hurlburt, Nuce
LB: O'Connell, Hill
LB: Lewis, Matthews, Flink
LB: M.Welnel, Janacaro, Tirrell
CB: Walker, Soe, Gradney
S: Hauck, Lee, Meyer
S: Robertson, Graves
S: Fouch, Kopang
CB: Hick-Onu, Ford

Thanks Sask
I thought Arnston was ahead of Turner.
I think switch Burton and Fontes
And I believe there really is an old-timely thing they call a “fullback”
The O-line is all jumbled with Forbes going down.
Gotta switch Hill and Janacaro.

Does Buschini do kickoffs and punts? But Cooper kicks the FGs and PATs?

Also, switch Casey to right tackle, and Botner and Dreis to left tackle. I think Gilman will be in front of Cooper for kick?

👆he posted that to his Twitter today. Not sure what if anything we can surmise from that. I’m hoping it means he’s still planning on playin in the fall, which would mean the injury wasn’t as serious as we feared

MammaB said:
Also, switch Casey to right tackle, and Botner and Dreis to left tackle. I think Gilman will be in front of Cooper for kick?

Yeah, I knew the linemen would be a bit off. Was trying to remember which direction the Griz were driving on the TV when I pictured them later. Shouldn't have taken better notes, and I'm a teacher!

granitegriz said:
Gubner started on Saturday. I guess Flowers started over Akem, so you never know.
Yeah, I noticed that with Gubner. Since they both started one I split the difference and trusted what Coach had listed. I suppose the more accurate thing would be just to bracket them both.

I spent a lot of time just watching Graves on defense on Saturday. That kid is a stud. He is adapting quite well to D.

UncleRico said:
I spent a lot of time just watching Graves on defense on Saturday. That kid is a stud. He is adapting quite well to D.

He hit a backup PSU running back on a play that rattled that kid so hard he had to leave right away. Came back in later - so fortunately no injury to the player - but Graves is one hell of a hitter.

BWahlberg said:
UncleRico said:

He hit a backup PSU running back on a play that rattled that kid so hard he had to leave right away. Came back in later - so fortunately no injury to the player - but Graves is one hell of a hitter.

It seemed like he was not in for the first 2-3 series, but seemed to play the rest of the game. Seemed R. Hauck was in the most of the game along with Graves. Was Robertson playing much? His name did not show up that much on the telecast?

GlacierGrizX said:
BWahlberg said:

It seemed like he was not in for the first 2-3 series, but seemed to play the rest of the game. Seemed R. Hauck was in the most of the game along with Graves. Was Robertson playing much? His name did not show up that much on the telecast?

i noticed the same thing...lots of Graves, very little Robertson.

AZGrizFan said:
GlacierGrizX said:

i noticed the same thing...lots of Graves, very little Robertson.

Saw suggestion that Robertson might've been dinged up a little early in the game.

AZGrizFan said:
I think Ryan Simpson is/should be on the 2-deep...he saw much more time than Ossello.
Don't I have him listed as the guy behind Roberts? And even saying that he might have taken more snaps there than Roberts did.

SaskGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
I think Ryan Simpson is/should be on the 2-deep...he saw much more time than Ossello.
Don't I have him listed as the guy behind Roberts? And even saying that he might have taken more snaps there than Roberts did.

It seemed the two games this Spring he caught the ball well, and was very elusive on the 'big catch' in the second game.

SaskGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Ohhhhhh....THAT guy. :lol: :lol: :oops:

Back