• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Any reason?

grizghost

....any reason the Griz players are not carrying out the flags when entering during introduction...is this the new norm?...
are the flags viewed offensive...Montana Flag...American Flag and I think the Griz Flag also are usually on displayed..
..just the axe was brought out.....anybody with answers? ....just wondering?...please No snowflake comments!

....any reason the Flags are not being carried out by the Griz players ....Montana Flag...American Flag
and the Griz Flag were not displayed at 2 games...is this the new norm...are the flags offensive to
some?....just wondering...anybody with answers...please No snowflakes..

grizghost said:
....any reason the Flags are not being carried out by the Griz players ....Montana Flag...American Flag
and the Griz Flag were not displayed at 2 games...is this the new norm...are the flags offensive to

the snowflake is so worried about snowflakes that he snowflaked his way out of any discussion by snowflaking twice that he won't hear another opinion that doesn't disrupt his own safe and resonably (?) sheltered snowflakery. FYI, i liked the flags too.

:lol:

WARNING!!! Snowflake Alert!!!: I don’t believe it’s driven by an anti-American sentiment. Sorry if you were hoping it was so you’d have something to whine about.

My guess is, like much of the pregame activity, it just isn’t being done during Covid for a variety of reasons: lack of staffing, lessen contacts, etc.

PS. I love the flags.

smarsh said:
grizghost said:

the snowflake is so worried about snowflakes that he snowflaked his way out of any discussion by snowflaking twice that he won't hear another opinion that doesn't disrupt his own safe and resonably (?) sheltered snowflakery. FYI, i liked the flags too.

:lol:

grizghost said:
....any reason the Griz players are not carrying out the flags when entering during introduction...is this the new norm?...
are the flags viewed offensive...Montana Flag...American Flag and I think the Griz Flag also are usually on displayed..
..just the axe was brought out.....anybody with answers? ....just wondering?...please No snowflake comments!

Bobby discontinued the flags when he came back. He has resisted talking about it (which will surprise no one). And it is not an axe, it's a sledgehammer.

grizghost said:
Who would find flags offensive? I mean do those flags have wheat or a maple leaf on them? No, but they are still decent flags. ;)

I don't believe Hauck is big into frills or displays that may take players out of their playing the game focus. Anyone know if players names not being on their jersy will continue into fall of was this a spring anomoly?

maroonandsilver said:
grizghost said:

Bobby discontinued the flags when he came back. He has resisted talking about it (which will surprise no one). And it is not an axe, it's a sledgehammer.

Funny the things Bobby does and doesn't talk about, After the game Saturday he was talking about the Evil Empire of the North being "back", wholeheartedly agreeing with every one of Riley Corcoran's typically overzealous "homer" observations of how great the Griz are and providing some nice bulletin board material to plenty of teams they face this fall. Surprising to me he doesn't want to tamper expectations a bit. These were two spring scrimmages!

grizpsych said:
Did grizghost just create a safe place?

Maybe ghost could bring his on flag and wave it from the stands for all to see and let Griz nation know he is still a true Merican. This is still merica right?

They can do away with the flags, but please never do away with Monte dancing to Kid Rock's "Cowboy". It gets the old folks going because it reminds them of their college days. When that Hey, hey, hey, hey sequence drops, I can feel it in my plumbs. Take my eyes, but not my "Cowboy" intro.

I also think it's high time that Bobby introduce a turnover chain to go with the sledgehammer. Only, instead of getting to wear it when you cause a turnover, you are forced to wear it after making one. Something like this:

s-l300.jpg

CDAGRIZ said:
They can do away with the flags, but please never do away with Monte dancing to Kid Rock's "Cowboy". It gets the old folks going because it reminds them of their college days. When that Hey, hey, hey, hey sequence drops, I can feel it in my plumbs. Take my eyes, but not my "Cowboy" intro.

It is a "bangin" time.

CDAGRIZ said:

I also think it's high time that Bobby introduce a turnover chain to go with the sledgehammer. Only, instead of getting to wear it when you cause a turnover, you are forced to wear it after making one. Something like this:

s-l300.jpg
Bring at least the American Flag back - Do the right thing Bobby! Respect those who fought for this Great Country! :roll:

maroonandsilver said:
grizghost said:

Wrong I believe the axe thingy dingy is an axe sledgehammer combo!

Dillon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

s-l300.jpg
Bring at least the American Flag back - Do the right thing Bobby! Respect those who fought for this Great Country! :roll:

So we need to have college kids run onto a field with the flag so you feel respected? :roll:

HelenaHandBasket said:
CDAGRIZ said:

It is a "bangin" time.

I'm such a dunce. It's not "Cowboy" it's "American Badass". Some scholars contend that the mere playing of the song serves as an appropriate substitute for running on a field with Old Glory. I'm with Dillon, though. It was cool when they had the flag. It's also cool without it. Now, throw a finger in the air and let me see where you at!

CDAGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
It is a "bangin" time.

I'm such a dunce. It's not "Cowboy" it's "American Badass". Some scholars contend that the mere playing of the song serves as an appropriate substitute for running on a field with Old Glory. I'm with Dillon, though. It was cool when they had the flag. It's also cool without it. Now, throw a finger in the air and let me see where you at!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfjtpp90lu8

Mousegriz said:
maroonandsilver said:

Funny the things Bobby does and doesn't talk about, After the game Saturday he was talking about the Evil Empire of the North being "back", wholeheartedly agreeing with every one of Riley Corcoran's typically overzealous "homer" observations of how great the Griz are and providing some nice bulletin board material to plenty of teams they face this fall. Surprising to me he doesn't want to tamper expectations a bit. These were two spring scrimmages!

In all these years watching Bobby there have been less than a handful of times he has praised his team so much and allowed this to get to the public. I think he firmly believes this team has arrived. This could also be a morale booster for fans to generate attendance, but that isn't really Bobby's way. I do believe the Griz are officially back and will challenge for a National Championship this upcoming season. It will be exciting to see if they can deliver on this very high praise from a historically tight-lipped coach.

Back