• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Trio of Griz into portal

PlayerRep said:
I wonder if this came out of post-spring ball meetings and evaluations with all players, including discussion of next season's scholarships?
That was my first thought also.

Has nothing to do with playing time. They are graduating this spring. Both want to become doctors and the program they are interested in won’t work for them at UM. So they made a business decision. Going to try and find a school, out of state, where they can play their final two years and work on their masters. They may end up not playing football if it comes to it.

They have nothing but great things to say about Hauck and the program. Sounds like Hauck is sad to see them leave but willing to do whatever they need to help with their future, including writing letters of recommendation.

Sometimes it’s not about football.

BDizzle said:
Has nothing to do with playing time. They are graduating this spring. Both want to become doctors and the program they are interested in won’t work for them at UM. So they made a business decision. Going to try and find a school, out of state, where they can play their final two years and work on their masters. They may end up not playing football if it comes to it.

They have nothing but great things to say about Hauck and the program. Sounds like Hauck is sad to see them leave but willing to do whatever they need to help with their future, including writing letters of recommendation.

That’s awesome for them, given this news. And great to hear they’ve got support from the staff. Bobby has said his first goal for all of his players is for them to get their degrees, which they’ve done. Congrats to these guys and I wish them the best.

Bittersweet. More sweet than bitter.

Two starters and a backup on the original 2-deep.

Shocking from that perspective. Nobody around here would have guessed 3 transfers from the 2-deep, not including a QB or something nutz

Appears there is some scholarship dollars available now and maybe some drop down potential. I can’t imagine being a coach these days. Talk about juggling a lot of balls.

Brayden was playing a lot of NT too. Good to hear they got their priorities straight though. There’s a lot of life after football.

BWahlberg said:
BDizzle said:

That’s awesome for them, given this news. And great to hear they’ve got support from the staff. Bobby has said his first goal for all of his players is for them to get their degrees, which they’ve done. Congrats to these guys and I wish them the best.
So we are at the point now where kids have to go somewhere else before medical school to become doctors? What happened? I went to UM with 2 different people who went from UM to medical school and are practicing physicians in Montana right now.

BDizzle said:

That makes sense. I was very surprised to see the initial post. They are terrific players.

WaGriz4life said:
BWahlberg said:
So we are at the point now where kids have to go somewhere else before medical school to become doctors? What happened? I went to UM with 2 different people who went from UM to medical school and are practicing physicians in Montana right now.

Seems we are at the point that UM doesn't offer the Masters degree they are looking for.

grizindabox said:
WaGriz4life said:

Seems we are at the point that UM doesn't offer the Masters degree they are looking for.

Sounds like UM might’ve offered something but they only accept like 6 kids each year and classes were same time as practice. Just wasn’t gonna work for them.

grizindabox said:
WaGriz4life said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yeah, didn't think it was real complicated....

Back