• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Mask Mandate Lifted in Missoula Effective Immediately

PlayerRep

"Missoula County will move the mask mandate to a recommendation effective immediately.

On Monday morning, the Missoula City-County Health Department announced 60% of the county population had received at least a first-dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, the threshold needed to lift the mask mandate.

In addition, Missoula County has not exceeded 25 new daily cases per 100,000 on a seven-day rolling average, according to the press release.

"The Board and Health Officer commend its many vaccinating partners and citizens' cooperation with masks and the progress with vaccinations that have brought Missoula to this place of low COVID transmission and high vaccination rates," Health Officer Ellen Leahy said in the release.

Missoula County is still recommending residents wear masks and distance from others when possible. In areas where people gather, including bars and restaurants, the county is hopeful local businesses will still respect distancing measures."

https://missoulian.com/news/local/missoula-county-to-roll-back-mask-mandate-to-recommendation/article_7ce6a458-a4a5-5a2f-b59f-4fcdbe766c99.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

[No new cases reported in Missoula County today. 12 new cases in state today. Hospitalizations up to 71. They were done just below 40 a few weeks ago.]

No masks in a full Wa-Griz stadium!? With the Griz so hot that the cannon melts down from so much use! Tailgates in full bore! Bring on the season! :clap:

Whew! I thought refusing to support the team because you didn’t like the coach was the dumbest and most entitled fucking thing I had ever heard, and then I read that one guy who wasn’t going renew his season tix if he had to wear a mask. Glad it’s a non-issue on the masks, and hoping to see the head ball coach get his first win over the Bobcats in this tenure.

MikeyGriz said:
No masks in a full Wa-Griz stadium!? With the Griz so hot that the cannon melts down from so much use! Tailgates in full bore! Bring on the season! :clap:

I don't think that is how cannons work..

SACCAT66 said:
MikeyGriz said:

You've never heard "Battle of New Orleans" by Johnny Horton?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSTKE85yXl4

MikeyGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:

Not till now... I also don't think that Johnny Horton knew how cannons (or alligators) worked..

SACCAT66 said:
MikeyGriz said:

Not till now... I also don't think that Johnny Horton knew how cannons (or alligators) worked..

It really blew his mind! :lol:

SACCAT66 said:
MikeyGriz said:

How the F did you get this far in life without knowing Johnny Horton?

grizatwork said:
SACCAT66 said:

I will admit that I have heard that song before, but actually had no idea who sang it... It is also a terrible song now that I hear it again. It's no DMX (whose cannon also melted from use)

SACCAT66 said:
grizatwork said:

I will admit that I have heard that song before, but actually had no idea who sang it... It is also a terrible song now that I hear it again. It's no DMX (whose cannon also melted from use)

Come to think of it, I remember when I was in HS, my buddy, Oscar Love, was out of town one summer at fat camp. His dad was out of the picture, so his mom, Brandi, asked if I could help her with the lawn/yard work in Oscar’s absence. Of course, my parents said I had to.

Anyway, I went over with our leaf blower and mower (Their mower sucked. Some sort of 2hp Honda bullshit). It was like 102 degrees. Hot as shit. I start blowing the leaves off the grass, and Brandi comes out in some sort of neon green two piece and lays in the chaise lounge, apparently to suntan. Let’s just say she wasn’t bad to look at. She motions me over, so I kill the blower and ask what she wants. She goes, “I need you to rub some lotion on me, CDA.” I’m like, “Ms. Love, I don’t think that would be appropriate.” She goes, “If you don’t, my cannons could melt in this heat.” I had no clue what she meant, but I didn’t want her cannons to melt, so I did it. After that, the afternoon went from good to great. All in all, it was cool, but it was kinda weird having a film crew there and then a dude dropped a boom mic on the back of my neck. My dad’s friends made me retell them the story like 15 times, too, so that was strange. Anyway, 8/10, would recommend.

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:

Come to think of it, I remember when I was in HS, my buddy, Oscar Love, was out of town one summer at fat camp. His dad was out of the picture, so his mom, Brandi, asked if I could help her with the lawn/yard work in Oscar’s absence. Of course, my parents said I had to.

Anyway, I went over with our leaf blower and mower (Their mower sucked. Some sort of 2hp Honda bullshit). It was like 102 degrees. Hot as shit. I start blowing the leaves off the grass, and Brandi comes out in some sort of neon green two piece and lays in the chaise lounge, apparently to suntan. Let’s just say she wasn’t bad to look at. She motions me over, so I kill the blower and ask what she wants. She goes, “I need you to rub some lotion on me, CDA.” I’m like, “Ms. Love, I don’t think that would be appropriate.” She goes, “If you don’t, my cannons could melt in this heat.” I had no clue what she meant, but I didn’t want her cannons to melt, so I did it. After that, the afternoon went from good to great. All in all, it was cool, but it was kinda weird having a film crew there and then a dude dropped a boom mic on the back of my neck. My dad’s friends made me retell them the story like 15 times, too, so that was strange. Anyway, 8/10, would recommend.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

+1

I heart story time. Who knew the Idaho panhandle was that HOT?

Not to rain on the parade, but the law is to remove local governments from enforcing the no mask mandate, an effort to remove local government from interfering with commerce. Federal institutions are not part of this and individual businesses enforce or choose not to enforce the use of masks.
I believe it is up to UM to require or not require the use of masks at their facilities or events, so UM may still require the wearing of masks at their games and have the right to remove those who do not comply.
You may have an opinion, but may want check into the UM regulations before assuming their position.
Posters can correct this post, I have no official documentation, just stating how I understand the mask requirements and enforcement of them. IMO

I think in the past, UM stated they would follow Missoula County's position. It will be interesting to see if they continue this position following the county's change. I would not put it past them to adhere to masks. I do think fan reaction would overall be negative to such a move though.

Well Missoula Counties current position:

Recommendations for face coverings are still in place for the following situations:

1. Among children ages 2-15 when in groups or congregate settings such as day camps, daycare, classrooms and at social events

2. Ages 2 and up at events, gatherings, and places where groups of vaccinated and non-vaccinated people may mix

3. At indoor group events such as worship services, ceremonies, parties, receptions, business meetings and conferences

4. At large outdoor events such as concerts, dances, markets, and festivals

5. lnside health care facilities, businesses, agencies, classrooms, and government offices where the public is present.

The MT state mandate was allowed to expire on Feb. 12.

There are federal directives/mandates in place. The (stupid) mandate requiring masks on all federal lands and in national parks, even outside, are still in place. They cross-refer to CDC rules, which have some limitations. The CDC rules have recently been softened for vaccinated people who are outside. How would one figure that out and enforce outside a visitors center or on a hiking trail? i suppose a lot of those rules are being ignored.

Many people think the CDC is and has been way too conservative on this. Michael Lewis has released a book blaming many covid response problems on the CDC. He thinks the CDC was too meek.

Back to MT. The recent legislation seems to apply only to businesses and customers of businesses. Private business is defined fairly broadly and includes non-profits. I don't think it applies to schools and certain other things, from what I read somewhere. The effective date is immediately and even retroactively to some extent. ""private business" means an individual or entity that is not principally a part of or associated with a government unit. The term includes but is not limited to a nonprofit or for-profit entity, a corporation, a sole proprietorship, or a limited liability company."

A prior MT bill passed a few months ago, allowed elected officials, including county commissioners, could overrule county health officials who are unelected. I think the new bill effectively supersedes part of that prior bill, but am not sure. On the other hand, the new bill says this: "(a) remains in effect only during the declared state of emergency or disaster or until the governing body holds a public meeting and allows public comment and the majority of the governing body moves to amend, rescind, or otherwise change the directive, mandate, or order;" That seems to say that the governing board can work with health officials to enact rules.

The new bill also specifically prevents counties or anyone from restricting religious organizations.

"Businesses can still elect to require that customers wear masks in their facilities, but under the bill, local health requirements that they do so are no longer enforceable. HB 257 removes the ability of local governments and health officials to issue ordinances or resolutions that deny customers access to a business’s goods or services, or that require a business to do so.

That effectively voids any local mandates that involved business closures, capacity limits or requirements that customers wear masks or not be allowed on the premises."

https://helenair.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/gianforte-signs-bill-ending-local-governments-power-to-enforce-mask-mandates/article_dc47ec17-1eea-5b16-a0f1-fd83e5728732.html

HelenaHandBasket said:

Recommendations for face coverings are still in place for the following situations:

1. Among children ages 2-15 when in groups or congregate settings such as day camps, daycare, classrooms and at social events

2. Ages 2 and up at events, gatherings, and places where groups of vaccinated and non-vaccinated people may mix

3. At indoor group events such as worship services, ceremonies, parties, receptions, business meetings and conferences

5. lnside health care facilities, businesses, agencies, classrooms, and government offices where the public is present.

But they are only recommendations and can't be enforced by the county in any respect.

From a NY Times story today, saying that the recent CDC statement that less than 10% of covid comes when people are outdoor. The article says the number is so high and ridiculous to be not meaningful.

"Saying that less than 10 percent of Covid transmission occurs outdoors is akin to saying that sharks attack fewer than 20,000 swimmers a year. (The actual worldwide number is around 150.) It’s both true and deceiving.

There is not a single documented Covid infection anywhere in the world from casual outdoor interactions, such as walking past someone on a street or eating at a nearby table.

A study from Ireland, which seems to have been more precise about the definition of outdoors, put the share of such transmission at 0.1 percent. A study of 7,324 cases from China found a single instance of outdoor transmission, involving a conversation between two people.

“I’m sure it’s possible for transmission to occur outdoors in the right circumstances,” Dr. Aaron Richterman of the University of Pennsylvania told me, “but if we had to put a number on it, I would say much less than 1 percent.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/11/briefing/outdoor-covid-transmission-cdc-number.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

But they are only recommendations and can't be enforced by the county in any respect.

This was only in reference to the post made by Mikey that the University stated they would follow Missoula County's position.

Back