• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What games are you most excited about for your team's fall schedule?

Kevin256

My team is Elon. I'm most excited about the Wofford, App State, and URI games.

Wofford because it's a rematch of our 2018 playoff game where Davis Cheek was out with a torn ACL, so having him back for that matchup might turn the tables.

App State because I think if we makes some strides with newcomers this fall I seriously think App State is beatable. It would be different if we were playing like UNC or Wake Forest, but I think App is winnable. Super hyped to attend this one.

And URI because it's the last game of the season against a (likely to be) good opponent with a good QB. This game could decide if we make it to the playoffs or not.

What about yours?

I am never excited to play a triple option team like Wofford, do they still use it?

We had a very talented team that got bounced by them in the first round of the playoffs several years back. I'll never forget. Would I like to avenge that loss? Not if it means I have to play the triple option.

The game I'm most looking forward to is at the Idaho Vandals. I love whopping their asses, they are an undisciplined yet strangely cocky team, they think they are better than everybody else in the big sky and are too blinded by their own arrogance to know who the big dogs are. Plus it will be a rare road game I will get to attend 👍

Vandals and MSU. Vandal's because it never gets old beating them. there fanbase is the worst and the coach is way overrated and cocky. MSU well because I think this year is the year the Griz will lay a beat down and restore order in Montana

Western Illinois. A night game under the lights with a full Washington Grizzly Stadium. A rowdy tailgate area and Covid in the rear view mirror marks a new era of college football in Missoula. Not to mention a group of hardworking, motivated, and hungry grizzlies.

Go Griz!

grizfan406 said:
I am never excited to play a triple option team like Wofford, do they still use it?

We had a very talented team that got bounced by them in the first round of the playoffs several years back. I'll never forget. Would I like to avenge that loss? Not if it means I have to play the triple option.

The game I'm most looking forward to is at the Idaho Vandals. I love whopping their asses, they are an undisciplined yet strangely cocky team, they think they are better than everybody else in the big sky and are too blinded by their own arrogance to know who the big dogs are. Plus it will be a rare road game I will get to attend 👍

Imagine being a lifelong Griz fan growing up in Missoula, being “forced” to go to college in Moscow (goddamned Navy) in the early ‘80’s (when the Griz absolutely sucked), and being subjected to their arrogance THEN. Absolutely unbearable. There’s not a team I enjoy the Griz beating more than the Vandulls. No matter HOW bad the Vandulls are. In fact, the last home game I attended was the game in ‘19 when Sneed came off the bench and led the blowout comeback win. Very satisfying... :cool: :cool:

Elon fan posting on egriz lol. ok game one is going to be fun because that will let everyone in the BSC and fcs know Griz are for real. then Weber because Griz will be out for revenge and of course the scats because that will wrap an undefeated conference schedule...am I wrong? No..

retiredpopo said:
Elon fan posting on egriz lol. ok game one is going to be fun because that will let everyone in the BSC and fcs know Griz are for real. then Weber because Griz will be out for revenge and of course the scats because that will wrap an undefeated conference schedule...am I wrong? No..

The only thing you're wrong on is the Weber revenge part. We don't play Weber State in 2021.

However, you're spot on with an undefeated conference schedule. :thumb:

get'em_griz said:
retiredpopo said:

The only thing you're wrong on is the Weber revenge part. We don't play Weber State in 2021.

you are correct lol. I clicked on the schedule on egriz and of course they have us playing weber oct 16 and the scats away. you think egriz could figure the schedule out lol.

Well of course I’m excited for cat Griz in Missoula, but outside of that the rest of our home schedule is pretty weak. Western Illinois under the lights will be fun (as all night games are) but I think I’m gonna attend the Eastern game in Cheney this year since I have a conflict and can’t attend the Idaho game in Moscow this year. 😔

retiredpopo said:
get'em_griz said:

you are correct lol. I clicked on the schedule on egriz and of course they have us playing weber oct 16 and the scats away. you think egriz could figure the schedule out lol.
The real question remains why anyone would go to eGriz for the schedule when it's the job of gogriz.com to have it right.

After MSU, it will be fun to see Beau Baldwin back in Wash/Griz for Homecoming.

We'll be going to Greeley for the beer.

kemajic said:
retiredpopo said:
The real question remains why anyone would go to eGriz for the schedule when it's the job of gogriz.com to have it right.

I guess because it was at the top of the page of the website I was looking at, no other reason..

After listening to Bobby Hauck yesterday, I'm most excited about the entire season's games! Back to normal: a full stadium, loud fans, Griz wins!

Bobby: "We win 10 games, they win 1 and they are happy about that!"

Excited as heck for October 16, Hornets at Griz. It'll be the closest game to me for Sac State and I've been wanting to see a game in Missoula for a long time. The game day experience there looks absolutely phenomenal! I've seen Montana games over the years on tv but to finally be able to see a game in your stadium is something I've been looking forward to for a long time. 8.5 hours to drive from Northwest Washington, can't wait to make the trip!

BigSkyConfFan said:
Excited as heck for October 16, Hornets at Griz. It'll be the closest game to me for Sac State and I've been wanting to see a game in Missoula for a long time. The game day experience there looks absolutely phenomenal! I've seen Montana games over the years on tv but to finally be able to see a game in your stadium is something I've been looking forward to for a long time. 8.5 hours to drive from Northwest Washington, can't wait to make the trip!
If you get there Friday night, hit Red's Bar or the Missoula Club downtown; in your SacSt gear you will not have to buy a beer there or at the tailgates two hours before the game.

BigSkyBears said:
kemajic said:
After MSU, it will be fun to see Beau Baldwin back in Wash/Griz for Homecoming.

We'll be going to Greeley for the beer.

And to watch the Mcaffrey’s defeat the Griz!!

Is he suiting up his son? That's the only way noco keeps it within 35.

BigSkyConfFan said:

Enjoy your time in Missoula!! If you are looking to ride share, Everett Griz is in Seattle and always looking for a designated driver. My only advice would be to bring along a large super strong 55 gallon garbage bag for the empties. :thumb:

Back