• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats regular season predictions

Griz til I die

DONOR
I said last week that we would go through every big sky teams schedule so were up to speed on our conference peers for the fall season. I did say last week after I did the Griz that we would go in alphabetical order, but since there's been so much chatter about comparing the cats and the Griz, I figured let's just do them back-to-back.

September 4 @ Wyoming- L. Coach Sixx in his debut will make his return to Laramie. Maybe Mr. Titleist could give us a better scouting report on the boys than I could, but I don't think Wyo's that good. I think this will be a close game but I think Wyoming will pull away late.

September 11 vs. Drake- W. A team we're familiar with ourselves. Oddly enough, one of the cats former QB's just transferred to Drake. Could that make the final score closer than it should be? Who knows. They should have no problem with Drake.

September 18 vs. San Diego-W. The cream of the crop in the Pioneer league. Two Pioneer league teams on the schedule in back-to-back weeks. I remember an interview with I think Sundberg where he said the Griz have tried to schedule San Diego in the past, and they've told us they will not leave the state of California for non-conference. So what the hell toreros???

September 25 @ Portland State- W. Always a difficult place to play because there's no energy and it's so far out of town. Unlike some viks doubters like Nugent, I do think come fall they will be a good team, but probably not good enough to knock off the cats.

October 2 vs. Northern Colorado- W. Bears fans on twitter seem to think that all of a sudden they're gonna put it all together and somehow be a playoff team this season even though they've never made it to the playoffs before. I will not buy the hype and I think the cats roll UNC.

October 9 vs. Cal Poly-W. Big rebuild job for Baldwin. How patient will Cal Poly fans be? cats win big.

October 16 @ Weber State-W. 50/50 game IMO, but this will be the game where my theory will either be true, or I look like a fool. I have said ad nauseum and I truly do believe that Weber is overrated and will not win this game. The cats oline matching up against Weber may be a little bit concerning after the departure of Wood earlier this week but I'll give them the win.

October 23 vs. Idaho State-W. A Bengal team and coaching staff filled with cats and Griz rejects. ISU's QB seems to be good but the rest of the team is trash, as usual and the cats should have no problem in this one.

October 30-BYE. Pretty late bye week, but I think it comes at an opportunistic time as they've got a tough November schedule.

November 6 @ Eastern Washington- L. The team that the cats have always struggled with. I can't even tell you the last time they beast Eastern. They'll have 2 weeks to prepare but Eastern certainly seems to be their kryptonite. I like the eags in this one.

November 13 vs. Idaho-W. Another 50/50 game IMO. The last time these 2 played each other in Bozeman it was a hell of a game and I can see it going either way. I don't think it would be a very good idea to lose 2 straight going into cat-Griz so I will say that they win this game knowing the importance of not dropping 2 straight, but the Vandy's will not be a pushover in this game.

November 20 @ Montana- not making a prediction. Like I did for the Griz last week, I will not make a prediction on this game as I am very superstitious and have been burned too many times.

So the way I see it, the ceiling is 9-2 and the floor is 6-5. I think the cats will for sure drop the 2 games I listed above as losses, and then three 50/50 games against Weber, Idaho, and the Griz. I think the cats will finish somewhere in between 9-2 and 6-5. I was generous and gave them the Weber game and they could certainly win that game, but this is a brutal road schedule and there's no way they win all three against Weber, Eastern and the Griz all on the road. That's my prediction, what do you guys think?

I hope you're right!

I think we still have a lot of talent but the combo of a new coaching regime and a rough road schedule leaves me with no clue what to expect this season. Honestly, nothing would surprise me. I'm hoping for the best, but getting mentally prepared for what could potentially be somewhat of a "rebuilding" season while the staff and players mesh.

Most Likely
Wyoming: L
Drake: W
USD: W
PSU: L
NCU: W
Poly: L
Weebs: L
ISU: W
EWU: L
Idaho: L
UM: L

4-7. Could go 5-6 possibly if they can knock off Idaho. Questions surround Sixx as he heads into winter.

Most Profitable for Sixx
Drake: L
USD: L
NCU: L
ISU: L
UM: W

1-10. Culture and trajectory at an all-time high. Sixx gets a five-year extension. "You are what your record says you are, unless you get a job in Bozeman." -Bill Parcells

CDAGRIZ said:
Most Likely

4-7. Could go 5-6 possibly if they can knock off Idaho. Questions surround Sixx as he heads into winter.

Most Profitable for Sixx

1-10. Culture and trajectory at an all-time high. Sixx gets a five-year extension. "You are what your record says you are, unless you get a job in Bozeman." -Bill Parcells

:clap: :clap: :clap:

CDAGRIZ said:
Most Likely

Most Profitable for Sixx

I think this is pretty close, but 5-6 would be over achieving. I think you're dead on with 4-7 being most likely, but 3-8 much more likely than 5-6..... just IMO.

poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Most Likely

Most Profitable for Sixx

I think this is pretty close, but 5-6 would be over achieving. I think you're dead on with 4-7 being most likely, but 3-8 much more likely than 5-6..... just IMO.
Really? You think you guys are gonna be that bad? I have a little bit higher expectations for you guys.

Griz til I die said:
poorgriz said:
Really? You think you guys are gonna be that bad? I have a little bit higher expectations for you guys.

Careful with expectations. You may set yourself up for failure.

poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Most Likely

Most Profitable for Sixx

They aren't going to go 3-8. It's 4-7, not 3-8. Can't even get a good workout going 3-8.

Coach Sixx has launched a PR campaign with a new book to try and win back the locker room, the coaches and the boosters.

DFCADF96-9-DE2-4580-B604-32099-FD1-E48-A.png

The reviews seem to be mixed.

Coach Ron Ash: “Nice Pants! Does the author even own an iron?”

Peter Travers, Rolling Stone: “This 126 page self-published book proves that anything is possible in today’s literary world”.

Coach Jeffrey Choate: “Hahahaha!”

Dwight Garner, The New York Times: “This book is an indictment on the mediocritizing of America.”

Coach Earl Solomonson: “Who?”

Thanks, Ursa. It's a pretty decent read. I don't think I needed to read the two chapters on which kind of cardboard is best for packaging white Oakley sunglasses for Amazon returns, but overall, I thought it was good. The chapter about how some women "actually prefer a man who loves model trains" was illuminating. Some definite Dick Pepperfield vibes. 7.7/10.

CDAGRIZ said:
Thanks, Ursa. It's a pretty decent read. I don't think I needed to read the two chapters on which kind of cardboard is best for packaging white Oakley sunglasses for Amazon returns, but overall, I thought it was good. The chapter about how some women "actually prefer a man who loves model trains" was illuminating. Some definite Dick Pepperfield vibes. 7.7/10.

Speaking of Amazon, the book has been recognized as a bestseller top 10 for non-fiction books being sold in North Dakota. A respectable 12 copies have been sold there in the past week. It’s a shame many cat fans can’t read.

Griz til I die said:
The cats oline matching up against Weber may be a little bit concerning after the departure of Wood earlier this week but I'll give them the win.
What does this mean? Is it like a euphemism to describe the impotence of their new coach?

Back