• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hero Sports: 2021 FCS vs FBS Payouts

UNC's payout is $400,000 to play at CU. There's hardly any travel costs as it's an hour long bus ride and then of course the hotel. McCaffrey era begins Sept, 4th at CU. Stay tuned for the upset!!!

BigSkyBears said:
UNC's payout is $400,000 to play at CU. There's hardly any travel costs as it's an hour long bus ride and then of course the hotel. McCaffrey era begins Sept, 4th at CU. Stay tuned for the upset!!!

:lol:

ilovethecats said:
BigSkyBears said:

:lol:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7CYzc1naaw[/media]

The one thing I don’t get is why aren’t UW and WSU offering to play EWU on an annual or semiannual basis? They’re a fellow state institution and they are hurting for money, keep the money in the family.

BigSkyBears said:

0.0% chance that NCU keeps it within 4 scores.

Why does Sac State, Cal Poly and UC Davis ever need to travel out of California to play up when Cal, Stanford,
San Jose State, Fresno State and San Diego State could keep the money in CA each year ?

josephpoint said:
Why does Sac State, Cal Poly and UC Davis ever need to travel out of California to play up when Cal, Stanford,
San Jose State, Fresno State and San Diego State could keep the money in CA each year ?

If they dip down to FCS, that’s a good question. A lot don’t. One of the PAC 12 teams didn’t schedule FCS schools at all until recently. I’m thinking it was UW. Lots will schedule Mountain West schools.

The WSU vs. EWU games in Seattle seemed to be quite popular. I do recall a BSC school almost upsetting Cal a couple of years back, Weber, maybe?

Ursa Major said:
josephpoint said:

If they dip down to FCS, that’s a good question. A lot don’t. One of the PAC 12 teams didn’t schedule FCS schools at all until recently. I’m thinking it was UW. Lots will schedule Mountain West schools.

The WSU vs. EWU games in Seattle seemed to be quite popular. I do recall a BSC school almost upsetting Cal a couple of years back, Weber, maybe?

NAU used to take a yearly beating with either UA or ASU.

Ursa Major said:
josephpoint said:

I think it was PSU, crazy as it sounds. 2013. Cal won 37 to 30. PSU was leading in the 3rd. No garbage time scoring.

PDXGrizzly said:
Ursa Major said:

I think it was PSU, crazy as it sounds. 2013. Cal won 37 to 30. PSU was leading in the 3rd. No garbage time scoring.

That’s right , PDX! Thanks!

Montana at Washington: $675,000

Idaho at Oregon State: $675,000

Weber State at Utah: $600,000

Portland State at Washington State: $525,000

Southern Utah at Arizona State: $500,000

Southern Utah at San Jose State: $425,000

Montana State at Wyoming: $425,000

UC Davis at Tulsa: $400,000

Cal Poly at Fresno State: $390,000

Idaho State at Nevada: $350,000

Eastern Washington at UNLV: $350,000

Portland State at Hawaii: $200,000
If I did this right, it looks like every BSC team plays up this year. Has that ever happened?
SUU and PSU have two FBS games.
For some reason, the below games didn’t seem to make this list:
SuckSt @ Cal
Uncou @ CU
NAU @ AZ.

UCLA, USC and Notre Dame I believe are the only 3 fbs teams never to play a 1-aa/fcs team

USC was scheduled to play a fcs team in 2021 but the game got cancelled.

Portland State's payout to play Hawaii seems pretty low. The travel and accommodations to Hawaii can't be that cheap. But you get to go to Hawaii so I guess that makes it worth it.

Cowboys84 said:
UCLA, USC and Notre Dame I believe are the only 3 fbs teams never to play a 1-aa/fcs team

USC was scheduled to play a fcs team in 2021 but the game got cancelled.
Actually, I believe USC backed out because they wanted to hold that prestige of being 1 of only 3 FBS teams to not play an FCS team. Seems pretty selfish if you ask me.

Ursa Major said:
The one thing I don’t get is why aren’t UW and WSU offering to play EWU on an annual or semiannual basis? They’re a fellow state institution and they are hurting for money, keep the money in the family.

The same reason UW doesn't regularly schedule UM. Little to gain with a win and lots to lose with a loss.

MikeyGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

The same reason UW doesn't regularly schedule UM. Little to gain with a win and lots to lose with a loss.

Mikey—that sounds more like how WSU might think rather than UW. ;)

Question: So as a state taxpayer, if Montana scheduled an NAIA game every third year, would you want that big payoff to benefit MT-Western or Southern Oregon?

Ursa Major said:
MikeyGriz said:

Mikey—that sounds more like how WSU might think rather than UW. ;)

Question: So as a state taxpayer, if Montana scheduled an NAIA game every third year, would you want that big payoff to benefit MT-Western or Southern Oregon?

UW - University of Wyoming

Back