• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky teasing us

Griz til I die

DONOR
https://twitter.com/BigSkyCommish/status/1402338267291394049?s=20
This better be some new fancy TV or streaming deal, and if it is not I'm going to be sorely disappointed for them playing with us like this, and that's saying something cause the Big Sky is known for disappointing us all the time.

I’m wondering if that graphic they created to “announce” “the announcement” took up 33% or 40% of the conference’s annual advertising budget?

Anything posted on eGriz needs to be taken with a little salt................a shot of 'good' Tequila and a suck on a lime wedge. Patience.

June 9, 2021

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The big sky conference (#bsc) is proud to announce a new five year agreement with pluto tv for exclusive streaming rights of all conference ga

Rd71d8ccb7264fb1ca4a4ec9a871849d1

EverettGriz said:
June 9, 2021

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The big sky conference (#bsc) is proud to announce a new five year agreement with pluto tv for exclusive streaming rights of all conference ga

Rd71d8ccb7264fb1ca4a4ec9a871849d1

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What would be awesome... breaking the conference into 2 different leagues.

What will happen. The Big Sky will piss down their leg again.

Cats board says we’re moving to ESPN+, which does us absolutely no good if the production doesn’t get better. That’ll make it worse honestly cause then we’ll have to pay for the shit product.

Or ….the BSC will allow full stadiums this fall without masks and social distancing. Uh ya think…

Griz til I die said:
Cats board says we’re moving to ESPN+, which does us absolutely no good if the production doesn’t get better. That’ll make it worse honestly cause then we’ll have to pay for the shit product.

Many people don’t understand this. ESPN literally just picks up the local feed or university broadcast. The Griz home games will be easier to stream for out of state…ME. But away games are going to be just as shitty of a broadcast. Same style of broadcasts we get for basketball games

mtgrizfankb said:
Griz til I die said:

Many people don’t understand this. ESPN literally just picks up the local feed or university broadcast. The Griz home games will be easier to stream for out of state…ME. But away games are going to be just as shitty of a broadcast. Same style of broadcasts we get for basketball games

Yes and No... Also it depends. Media deals like this normally come with a "standards clause" this means that schools that don't meet that standard will get money to upgrade their feed... This doesn't mean you will have 12 camera angles, or 3 different announcers around the stadium... But the main camera, and equipment are upgraded. Not saying it will happen, but that is common practice.

SACCAT66 said:
mtgrizfankb said:

Yes and No... Also it depends. Media deals like this normally come with a "standards clause" this means that schools that don't meet that standard will get money to upgrade their feed... This doesn't mean you will have 12 camera angles, or 3 different announcers around the stadium... But the main camera, and equipment are upgraded. Not saying it will happen, but that is common practice.

I sure hope you are right, but I have my doubts after watching the Western Illinois game on ESPN+ a few years back and it was atrocious - like middle school av club with a camera phone bad - you couldn't even see half the plays.

Back