• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tanner Huff Commits

grizfan1984

https://twitter.com/tannerhuff06/status/1402800847600320514 class of 2021 kid, 6th all time leading tackler in Butte high history

Kids a behemoth. He won 4 state championships at the state AA Track & Field meet a couple weeks ago. I’m great friends with his brother and I thought all this time he was gonna go to Western. The kid will work his ass off at UM!

In the mold of every other kid who had dreams to play for Griz, but was perhaps under-recruited.

Future Griz All American. Book mark this post...

He got a lot more interest from griz and others after winning the 100, 200, 400 relay, and 1600 relay at state. Dude is a machine...a fast one!

HookedonGriz said:
He got a lot more interest from griz and others after winning the 100, 200, 400 relay, and 1600 relay at state. Dude is a machine...a fast one!
The state track highlights were on at the bar the other night and we were saying “who is this big fast kid for butte??” Glad we got him

How was this kid not talked about (on egiz) as being one of the best prospects before he was offered......with his size and speed, I was just wondering....he definitely has that intangible that you cannot teach......

krammer said:
How was this kid not talked about (on egiz) as being one of the best prospects before he was offered......with his size and speed, I was just wondering....he definitely has that intangible that you cannot teach......

He was definitely on some radars and had committed to UM Western. He had a couple other offers too at that level. His stock shot up quickly after what he did on the track. That was a dominating performance that turned heads.

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/buttes-tanner-huff-flips-from-montana-western-to-montana-grizzlies-for-football/article_b738b4a4-cd0e-5d68-8430-abcb257723db.html?fbclid=IwAR0kEktlyVH7QwUfkVmU0XmLEV7kaJj4ZSz-sDsYbcpm3AFUcI1GnGxPZvs

SoldierGriz said:
In the mold of every other kid who had dreams to play for Griz, but was perhaps under-recruited.

Future Griz All American. Book mark this post...

Wow! Some pretty strong predictions. You must know quite a bit about this kid, huh? If so, what qualities lead you to make such a lofty prediction about him? Oh, and I sure hope you are right!

I am pumped for Tanner.

His parents are around my age (Dad a little older, Mother a little younger) and were both very athletic (standouts).

I played SS/WR with (Griz #37) Todd Ericson (FS/QB) for Colt Anderson's dad at Butte. I watched BHS closely the past few years and I can confidently say Tanner is well known to be the hardest working kid at Butte High. He put on a lot of muscle after the football season and became faster, which made him Colt Anderson-like.

Even full-ride TE Jake Olson had a tweet calling Huff the hardest worker and a stone cold Killa. Lol.

Hauck said he wanted to bring Butte kids back to UM, glad to see is taking action.

Griz til I die said:
Kids a behemoth. He won 4 state championships at the state AA Track & Field meet a couple weeks ago. I’m great friends with his brother and I thought all this time he was gonna go to Western. The kid will work his ass off at UM!

Nice post!

He even was on the podium (5th) in the Javelin. Haha. STUD

Great article

https://buttesports.com/the-grizzlies-found-a-gem-in-butte-highs-tanner-huff/?fbclid=IwAR1VCmnK2pXu4V2XJtmoxOsrOlMwfyqyNV_4vWNsiwtvOriioItGzsM2frA

IntuitiveGriz said:
I am pumped for Tanner.

His parents are around my age (Dad a little older, Mother a little younger) and were both very athletic (standouts).

I played SS/WR with (Griz #37) Todd Ericson (FS/QB) for Colt Anderson's dad at Butte. I watched BHS closely the past few years and I can confidently say Tanner is well known to be the hardest working kid at Butte High. He put on a lot of muscle after the football season and became faster, which made him Colt Anderson-like.

Even full-ride TE Jake Olson had a tweet calling Huff the hardest worker and a stone cold Killa. Lol.

Hauck said he wanted to bring Butte kids back to UM, glad to see is taking action.

I agree, it is wise to have several Butte student-athletes on the team. Also, I wonder why we don’t seem to be recruiting in Hawaii?

Spanky2 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
I am pumped for Tanner.

I agree, it is wise to have several Butte student-athletes on the team. Also, I wonder why we don’t seem to be recruiting in Hawaii?
Probably because it's been damn near impossible to recruit Hawaii kids during the pandemic. There was no in-person recruiting for over a year, and that that has returned getting to Hawaii is tough. You have to get tested for COVID and test negative within 72 hours of the last leg of your travel day. You also have to to do daily health screenings on this app that you have to download, all the businesses you go into you have to show them this QR Code with two green check marks to verify that you have indeed tested negative, and of course you have to wear masks everywhere. Probably not worth recruiting Hawaii at this time.

Griz til I die said:
You also have to to do daily health screenings on this app that you have to download, all the businesses you go into you have to show them this QR Code with two green check marks to verify that you have indeed tested negative, and of course you have to wear masks everywhere. Probably not worth recruiting Hawaii at this time.

This is currently not factual.

Back