• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Saying goodbye to Mick. The right way.

Dmontanagrizzlies

DONOR
Such as Paul Harvey moved many, Mick did the same, within a smaller theater. I would think if our athletic department is smart, they would produce a greatest plays of any and all sports that Mick broadcasted. Would seem only right that half the proceeds go to the family. The other half to Griz athletics.

Would be fun to relive his "greatest calls".

Thoughts?

I agree that a tribute to Mick would be a great crowd pleaser. Proceeds? Are you implying something similar to "The House That Rob Built"?

MikeyGriz said:
I agree that a tribute to Mick would be a great crowd pleaser. Proceeds? Are you implying something similar to "The House That Rob Built"?
I didnt pay that close attention to how that worked out. Just general thoughts that Mick was so much to so many. Just seems like anything marketed, he should get a good deal of the proceeds. He was the voice that kept games alive on the radio.

Engstrom and Haslam were in charge when LEARFIELD, the designated hitmen UM hired, f*cked Mick over. Engstrom is finally gone, but his little buddy remains.
If someone on this site knows exactly what transpired regarding Mick's retention or rejection, post it. I would loved to know the facts.

For UM to treat Mick, now long after his death, like he the epitome of the term 'Voice of the Grizzlies,' WHICH HE WAS, would be the height of hypocrisy. Haslam, in admitting Mick's status, would be writing his own epitaph.

3-7-77 said:
Engstrom and Haslam were in charge when LEARFIELD, the designated hitmen UM hired, f*cked Mick over. Engstrom is finally gone, but his little buddy remains.
If someone on this site knows exactly what transpired regarding Mick's retention or rejection, post it. I would loved to know the facts.

For UM to treat Mick, now long after his death, like he the epitome of the term 'Voice of the Grizzlies,' WHICH HE WAS, would be the height of hypocrisy. Haslam, in admitting Mick's status, would be writing his own epitaph.

If memory serves me right, there was at least one thread that covered Mick’s ‘retirement’ back in 2016.

I would suggest putting Learfeild or LEARFEILD into the search function. You will likely find it.

Haslam, in admitting Mick's status, would be writing his own epitaph.
:roll:

Mick was truly fantastic. I love the idea of honoring him in some manner.

Worth mentioning as well is how absolutely fortunate we are to now have Riley.

EverettGriz said:
Haslam, in admitting Mick's status, would be writing his own epitaph.

I hope he survives. Must be hard to call a two to three hour game and never breathe!

Mousegriz said:
EverettGriz said:

I hope he survives. Must be hard to call a two to three hour game and never breathe!

It's not that hard.

Ursa Major said:
3-7-77 said:

If memory serves me right, there was at least one thread that covered Mick’s ‘retirement’ back in 2016.

I would suggest putting Learfeild or LEARFEILD into the search function. You will likely find it.

Haven't found the answer, yet.
What I did find is Learfield compiled a list of up to 60 acceptable candidates and referred the top five to Haslam to hire from. If Haslam has the hire authority, he would, presumably, have the fire authority.

Back