• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Psychological Analysis of Several eGriz Posters

3-7-77

:rant: I have referred eGriz to a friend of mine, a Psychological professional, just to see what conclusions he/she may form after reading the last year's, or so, worth of posts. This is not a professional referral, so no grand pronouncements will be forthcoming. No time frame involved, just free time reading, and a 'get back to me when you're finished' admonition.

This should be interesting.
The recent level of interaction between just a couple handfuls of posters prompted this action. One can disagree with a posters claims/opinions without the childish name calling, and other assorted maladjusted reactions on display here.

Yes, this post is like Charles Dickens' Ghost of Christmas Past, chains and all. The 'discussion' on eGriz has not seen this depth since the pre-maroonblood days. Those days had posters who were not afraid to tell it like it is, as they saw it, and were knowledgable. Those posters would take a post and beat the poster to death with it. They would point out the factual errors/misrepresentations the offending poster stated, and provide facts to destroy them. No need for juvenile antics.

I'm sure many of you have raised, or are raising young teenagers. Would you want them to read your petty posts. Would you stand up, proudly, and point to your self and say, 'Yeah, I wrote that. Your (mom or dad, grandpa or grandma)wrote that!' ???

I end this note on your level, in terms you would understand....Growthef*ckup!

3-7-77 said:
:rant: I have referred eGriz to a friend of mine, a Psychological professional, just to see what conclusions he/she may form after reading the last year's, or so, worth of posts. This is not a professional referral, so no grand pronouncements will be forthcoming. No time frame involved, just free time reading, and a 'get back to me when you're finished' admonition.

The recent level of interaction between just a couple handfuls of posters prompted this action. One can disagree with a posters claims/opinions without the childish name calling, and other assorted maladjusted reactions on display here.

Yes, this post is like Charles Dickens' Ghost of Christmas Past, chains and all. The 'discussion' on eGriz has not seen this depth since the pre-maroonblood days. Those days had posters who were not afraid to tell it like it is, as they saw it, and were knowledgable. Those posters would take a post and beat the poster to death with it. They would point out the factual errors/misrepresentations the offending poster stated, and provide facts to destroy them. No need for juvenile antics.

I'm sure many of you have raised, or are raising young teenagers. Would you want them to read your petty posts. Would you stand up, proudly, and point to your self and say, 'Yeah, I wrote that. Your (mom or dad, grandpa or grandma)wrote that!' ???

They should get a combat medal and treatment for PTSD after that tour of duty.

3-7-77 said:

Poster with all of 35 posts, self-apointed to talk down to others and make things right. He should search for a forum that better meets his requirements and go there.

alabamagrizzly said:
Ohhh, Do Me! Do Me!

abby-something-abby.jpg

kemajic said:
Poster with all of 35 posts, self-apointed to talk down to others and make things right. He should search for a forum that better meets his requirements and go there.

Do you believe in reincarnation? How else would I know about the pre-maroonblood days? Ghost of Christmas Past? Immaculate memory?
35 posts? Hardly. I'm not into the five figure category, yet. I'm not that dedicated. Collectively, I've seen posters come and go, no names, but you know who has left eGriz.
Johnny Cash wrote 'The Highwayman' about a spirit who has returned over time, as a highwayman, a sailor, dam builder, a starship flyer. Check out the lyrics. "...I'll be back again, and again, and again, and again..."
Later.

3-7-77 said:

Unless their conclusion is you can't draw conclusions from posts on a fantasy forum, they are no professional, and they never "surveyed the mind field". But layman opinions, bring 'em on!!!

3-7-77 said:

I can't wait to see this.

Grizpsych, I was hoping for your input. Without naming names, what is your opinion of eGriz in the last year?

3-7-77 said:

Your professional friend better spend some time working with you.

Spanky2 said:
3-7-77 said:

Your professional friend better spend some time working with you.

:lol:

3-7-77 said:
Grizpsych, I was hoping for your input. Without naming names, what is your opinion of eGriz in the last year?

I actually have not been on eGriz enough in the last year to have an opinion about any changes. All I can really say is that the tone of eGriz is different during the season versus the off-season. With that written, the dog gif in my signature represents an eGriz poster.

Back