• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Deion Sanders

Mavman

What do you all think of Deion walking out of SWAC media days because a reporter called him Deion?
He went on a rampage about how no one calls nick saban nick, and everyone needs to call him Coach Sanders wtf??
Just trying to keep his team in the spotlight or being a primidone?

Asshole. Deion, that is. Self promoting asshole his entire NFL career. Who else would want to be know as Neon Deion, which says it all.
Self promoting, flashy primadonna narcissistic prick. Now, it's 'coach' or 'sir' or now more aptly 'Mr. Asshole'? Compares himself to Nick Saban, who has won how many FBS National Championships in how many years, and makes how much per year? Neon is so talented he rode his wonder team to a 3-2 record in that 2020 'season,' at a HBCU FCS level SWAC school. Ooooooh! The second coming!:pray: SWAC, and Jackson State, need to crush this immediately.

“primidone”? “primadonna”?

I thought the word was “Pre-Madonna”, as in the biggest diva prior to Madonna.

Which reminds me. We had the neighbors up to the lake, and I shit you not, the guy wore his Wranglers and cowboy boots on the Jetski. I don’t call cowboy boots “shit-kickers” anymore—they are “Cher Boots.” Seriously, you have to be a total diva to wear them. They serve no practical purpose whatsoever in modern society. More slippery than ice skates. And only comfortable if you are into hedonistic foot-binding. My Post-Madonna neighbor even needs a tool to take them off!

Hmmm.......
"Pistol Pete" Marovich
Ken "The Snake" Stabler
"Joe Cool" Montana

Does someone have trouble with black athlete monikers?

I don't know, Sask. Why don't you ask him at his next press conference.

Catfish, you list the nicknames of three white guys(it's spelled Maravich by the way), then moan about black nicknames. Neon or Prime Time earned his nickname by his on field performance. They fit. He made $$$ off the names. Now he wants respect as a coach? Earn it first. Or, come out and repudiate the past and want to be called 'coach,' BEFORE having a hissy fit and looking like a spoiled, entitled fool, which he did.
Here's some black nicknames:
David 'Deacon' Jones,
Tyrann 'Honey Badger' Mathieu,
Elbert 'Ickey' Woods,
Craig 'Ironhead' Heyward,
O.J. 'Juice' Simpson, (ginsu might make him a promo offer, tho)
Adam 'Pacman' Jones,
William 'Refrigerator' Perry,
Raghib 'Rocket' Ismail.

Write them down for your next analogy attempt.

Sounds to me as though Deion got MOSSED!

That said, I wonder how disrespected he’d be if he was aware I didn’t even know he WAS an fcs coach.

SaskGriz said:
Do reporters call Coach Hauck, Bobby at press conferences? Asking for a friend.

My son will be doing his very first "Big Sky Conference Football Kickoff media Day" in Spokane next week (Yes, I am pretty much just posting this to brag a little)... He is 15 and will be interviewing as many coaches as we can. I will find out the answer to this for you all.

SaskGriz said:

Yes they media call him Bobby or coach. Which I think is pretty standard. Coulter and Frank I believe call him Bobby when asking him questions.

SACCAT66 said:
SaskGriz said:

My son will be doing his very first "Big Sky Conference Football Kickoff media Day" in Spokane next week (Yes, I am pretty much just posting this to brag a little)... He is 15 and will be interviewing as many coaches as we can. I will find out the answer to this for you all.

Freelance reporting for Teen Beat magazine?

EverettGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:

HAHA... Not really, but we will see if they pick it up. He is going to start doing some play-by-play this fall for Basketball, and has helped with the Football broadcasts with me for the last couple years. He is looking into going into podcasting, and I thought this was a good chance to break him into editing audio and interviews. He is a pretty bright kid, but got crippled with my total lack of any athletic ability... He also had chest surgery so isn't allowed to play any type of contact sport anymore, so this keeps him feeling like he is still involved.

SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

HAHA... Not really, but we will see if they pick it up. He is going to start doing some play-by-play this fall for Basketball, and has helped with the Football broadcasts with me for the last couple years. He is looking into going into podcasting, and I thought this was a good chance to break him into editing audio and interviews. He is a pretty bright kid, but got crippled with my total lack of any athletic ability... He also had chest surgery so isn't allowed to play any type of contact sport anymore, so this keeps him feeling like he is still involved.

Awesome! :clap:

Best of luck to your kid Sac! I'm hoping to do football again this year and had a short stint with my own radio show it is a blast.
Let me know where i can hear him.

SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

That’s awesome, a 15 year old with a great plan of what he wants to do. I didn’t know what I wanted to do for a career tell I was passed 40. BTW, that’s too late in life to realize what you want to do for a career.

RainierGriz said:
SaskGriz said:

Yes they media call him Bobby or coach. Which I think is pretty standard. Coulter and Frank I believe call him Bobby when asking him questions.
That's sort of what I figured. I was always taught to be more formal with people I didn't know until I knew them better.

"There are two kinds of respect; one that is given and one that is earned. The second takes longer and lasts longer."

garizzalies said:
“primidone”? “primadonna”?

I thought the word was “Pre-Madonna”, as in the biggest diva prior to Madonna.

Which reminds me. We had the neighbors up to the lake, and I shit you not, the guy wore his Wranglers and cowboy boots on the Jetski. I don’t call cowboy boots “shit-kickers” anymore—they are “Cher Boots.” Seriously, you have to be a total diva to wear them. They serve no practical purpose whatsoever in modern society. More slippery than ice skates. And only comfortable if you are into hedonistic foot-binding. My Post-Madonna neighbor even needs a tool to take them off!

:lol: :lol: :clap:

Nick Saban was interviewed at SEC Media Days, and called 'Nick' eight times, without the bullshit reaction Prime Time Neon put on. In fact, he basically slammed Sanders act stating he(Saban)"responds to about anything, as he's been called about everything." Another reporter tried to make a joke of Sanders behavior, and it fell flat with NO REACTION from Saban or press.

All this was evidently started when the reporter, working for a newspaper covering Sanders recruiting of a four star player charged with misdemeanor domestic assault, called him Deion and, amazed at the Neon reaction, referred to PrimeTime again as Deion. Further restrictions placed on reporting of JSU football by reporter and/or newspaper. Jackson State and the SWAC need to step up and do their job.

Back