• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Games Week #3

Paytonlives

Staff member
Updated with 9/13 STATS Poll

FCS Top 25- Week 3- Finals
1 Sam Houston (2-0) OFF
2 South Dakota State (2-0) OFF
*4 Montana (2-0) is OFF
17 Missouri State (1-1) OFF

FCS Top 25- Week 3
15 Southeastern Louisiana (1-1) at Central Conn. State (1-1) 10AM
23 New Hampshire (2-0) at Lafayette (0-2) 10:30AM
22 VMI (1-1) at Cornell (0-0) Noon

*13 Kittens (1-1) vs. San Diego (0-2) 1:00
19 Austin Peay (1-1) vs Morehead State (1-1) 1:00
6 Delaware (2-0) at FBS Rutgers (2-0) 1:30
12 Villanova (2-0) vs #25 Richmond (2-0) 1:30
21 Richmond (2-0) at #12 Villanova (2-0) 1:30

*7 Eastern Washington (2-0) at Western Ill. (0-2) 2:00

11 North Dakota (1-1) vs Drake (0-2) 3:00
18 Northern Iowa (1-1) vs. St Thomas (MN) (1-0) 3:00

5 North Dakota State (2-0) at Towson (1-1) 4:00
20 Monmouth (1-1) at Charleston Southern (1-0) 4:00
24 Kennesaw State (1-1) at Wofford (1-0) 4:00

8 Southern Illinois (1-1) vs. Dayton (1-0) 5:00
10 Jacksonville State (1-1) vs. North Alabama (0-2) 5:00
25 Central Arkansas (0-2) vs. Ark Pine Bluff (1-0) 5:00
16 East Tenn State (2-0) vs. Delaware State (1-1) 5:30

3 James Madison (2-0) at #9 Weber State (1-1) 6:00
*9 Weber St (1-1) vs #3 James Madison (2-0) 6:00

*14 UC Davis (2-0) vs. Dixie State (0-2) 8:00

Other Big Sky Games
*Sac State (1-1) at FBS California (0-2) 2:00
*N. Colorado (1-1) vs Lamar (1-1) 2:00
*Portland State (0-2) vs. Western Oregon (0-2) 3:05
*Idaho (1-1) is at FBS Oregon State (1-1) 3:05
*Southern Utah (0-2) vs. Tarleton State (1-1) 5:00
*Cal-Poly (1-1) vs South Dakota (1-1) 6:05
* NAU (0-2) at FBS Arizona (0-2) 8:00
*Idaho State is OFF

3 of the top 4teams have bye weeks. The marquee game this week without a doubt is Weber vs. JMU. Looking forward to watching that one.

Griz til I die said:
3 of the top 4teams have bye weeks. The marquee game this week without a doubt is Weber vs. JMU. Looking forward to watching that one.

I guess we see if Weber is for real. I am betting no. Sure they ended up beating Dixie state 41-3 but score at have was 14-3 and 7-3 first Q.

retiredpopo said:
Griz til I die said:

I guess we see if Weber is for real. I am betting no. Sure they ended up beating Dixie state 41-3 but score at have was 14-3 and 7-3 first Q.
Agreed. I think they're overrated.

Yes the JMU at Weber State is the matchup to watch
Another matchup that is interesting is EWU at WIU. We know EWU does not have the defense that the Grizz does, so will it be a shoot out in that game. Will let us see if EWU can beat WIU or not. If WIU can air it out I have a feeling that they will beat EWU
Cal Poly at South Dakota should be a good game as well.

fltheadgriz said:
We know EWU does not have the defense that the Grizz does, so will it be a shoot out in that game. Will let us see if EWU can beat WIU or not. If WIU can air it out I have a feeling that they will beat EWU
Don't bet on your feeling.

kemajic said:
fltheadgriz said:
We know EWU does not have the defense that the Grizz does, so will it be a shoot out in that game. Will let us see if EWU can beat WIU or not. If WIU can air it out I have a feeling that they will beat EWU
Don't bet on your feeling.

EWU will win that one by two scores or more. We need them to win that one for the big sky so I’ll be rooting for the Eags

Griz til I die said:
retiredpopo said:

Every year on this site we are over-rated and yet every year we continue to win. Are we as good as James Madison? Probably not, but top 10 where they are now is not a stretch.

WILDCATFAN said:
Griz til I die said:

Every year on this site we are over-rated and yet every year we continue to win. Are we as good as James Madison? Probably not, but top 10 where they are now is not a stretch.

I watched both of your games. I would say you’re not far off the mark. WSU is solid top 10. But as southern Illinois showed last spring, you guys still need an offense that is multiple and dynamic to complement your defense to compete/beat the top 5.

WILDCATFAN said:
Griz til I die said:

Don't get me wrong, I believe you guys have the makings of being a quarterfinal tea, but your reign of terror in the conference I think comes to an end. While you definitely laid the hammer on Saturday, JMU will be a good measuring stick to see if I'm right or wrong. UC Davis will be tough and so will your trip to Eastern.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
WILDCATFAN said:

I watched both of your games. I would say you’re not far off the mark. WSU is solid top 10. But as southern Illinois showed last spring, you guys still need an offense that is multiple and dynamic to complement your defense to compete/beat the top 5.

Honestly it was our defense that let us down in that game. Offense scored 31 points which with how Weber plays is usually enough to win games. Defense gave up way too many long distance plays in that game and it cost them.

This week will be a good barometer of where this young team really is.

Griz til I die said:
WILDCATFAN said:
Don't get me wrong, I believe you guys have the makings of being a quarterfinal tea, but your reign of terror in the conference I think comes to an end. While you definitely laid the hammer on Saturday, JMU will be a good measuring stick to see if I'm right or wrong. UC Davis will be tough and so will your trip to Eastern.

Weber definitely has a tough remaining schedule. Gonna be interesting to see how this young team responds to it.

WILDCATFAN said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Honestly it was our defense that let us down in that game. Offense scored 31 points which with how Weber plays is usually enough to win games. Defense gave up way too many long distance plays in that game and it cost them.

What's a young team at Weber? Average of age 27 instead of 31?

SaskGriz said:
WILDCATFAN said:

that is funny...

SaskGriz said:
WILDCATFAN said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mormons is Mormons. Makes no difference if Weber, SUU, Utah, Utah St. BYU, ISU...or Montana. If we could tap into it, we would.

Paytonlives said:
Updated with 9/13 STATS Poll

FCS Top 25- Week 3
1 Sam Houston (2-0) OFF
2 South Dakota State (2-0) OFF
3 James Madison (2-0) at #9 Weber State (1-1) 6:00
*4 Montana (2-0) is OFF
5 North Dakota State (2-0) at Towson (1-1) 4:00
6 Delaware (2-0) at FBS Rutgers (2-0) 1:30
*7 Eastern Washington (2-0) at Western Ill. (0-2) 2:00
8 Southern Illinois (1-1) vs. Dayton (1-0) 5:00
*9 Weber St (1-1) vs #3 James Madison (2-0) 6:00
10 Jacksonville State (2-0) vs. North Alabama (0-2) 5:00

Jacksonville State is 1-1. They lost their first game to UAB.

Back