• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bracketology

fltheadgriz

I know it is WAY too early for this, but it is fun to think about.
The bracket after two weeks of play.
Love that the Grizz have the number 1 seed.
https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fcs-football/bracketology

EverettGriz said:
I like it too, but holy hell the left side of that bracket is LOOOOADED.

FCS is loaded this year. Southern Illinois is back, as is Delaware and maybe Jacksonville state. The Montanas are both stout. Weber is right there, and we will know more about them after this weekends matchup with JMU, NDSU is there as always as is SDSU. Sam Houston looks to be the real deal, and we all know Eastern Washington’s offense is one of the best in FCS. It’s going to be a bloodbath of a playoff this year, and I love it!

Cool that they have us as the #1 seed but this bracket is flawed. UC Davis and San Diego can't play each other in the first round because they played each other in the regular season. Hypothetically though, let's say they could. That'd be quite the gauntlet on our side of the bracket. UC Davis, Southern Illinois, and then JMU or NDSU. That's brutal. I like the other side of the bracket better. In this scenario I would prefer to be the #2 seed lol.

Griz til I die said:
Cool that they have us as the #1 seed but this bracket is flawed. UC Davis and San Diego can't play each other in the first round because they played each other in the regular season. Hypothetically though, let's say they could. That'd be quite the gauntlet on our side of the bracket. UC Davis, Southern Illinois, and then JMU or NDSU. That's brutal. I like the other side of the bracket better. In this scenario I would prefer to be the #2 seed lol.

They can and probably would. They are not conference mates and NCAA would look at travel distance for first round matchups.
Many examples of regular season matchups happening in playoffs including Montana hosting SHSU after they went to Texas at the start of the season.

Mavman said:
Griz til I die said:

They can and probably would. They are not conference mates and NCAA would look at travel distance for first round matchups.
Many examples of regular season matchups happening in playoffs including Montana hosting SHSU after they went to Texas at the start of the season.
Oh right, my bad. The rule only applies to teams from the same conference. I spaced that.

fltheadgriz said:
I know it is WAY too early for this, but it is fun to think about.
The bracket after two weeks of play.
Love that the Grizz have the number 1 seed.
https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fcs-football/bracketology

Yes. Way too early. In no way will Southern Illinois be seeded over MSU, JSU, and others in this list.

Mavman said:
Griz til I die said:

And the griz beat Weber in 2019, then lost to them a month later in the playoffs. Regarding the bracket - WAY too early two games into the season.

poorgriz said:
Mavman said:

And the griz beat Weber in 2019, then lost to them a month later in the playoffs. Regarding the bracket - WAY too early two games into the season.
but that was a conference game and wasn’t the first round. After first round anything goes, conference-wise.

AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
but that was a conference game and wasn’t the first round. After first round anything goes, conference-wise.

Oh gotchya, my bad.

Latest posts

Back